KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Proving Ground (RPG Thread)

Proving Ground (RPG Thread)
Started by: Trojan Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trojan Man
Hiding In The Shadows

Warning Proving Ground (RPG Thread)

This thread is where we start off the RP. If anyone wants to join, click here.

-------------------------------------------

~ Intro ~

Richard Gunn let out a quiet moan as he felt the darkness begin to slip away. He tried to open his eyes, but it seemed too difficult, his eyelids each feeling like they weighed a tone. He coughed, his throat dry and raw, the distinctive taste of bile in her mouth. Then the dizziness hit her, it felt as though the room was spinning, the floor rocking. He coughed again, violently this time, feeling his stomach lurch. He rolled onto his side, his body almost completely numb. His coughing grew worse, the room spinning faster, Richard felt as thoughshe was going to throw up. Richard pushed his feet off the side of the bed, intending to make a run for the bathroom, the bile rising in his throat. His bare feet touched the cold floor and Richard forced himself to stand, but his legs gave out straight away. He fell hard on his side, letting out a sharp gasp of pain, before rolling onto his front and vomiting.
After a moment, Richard let out groan, feeling the wave of nausea subsiding. His limbs were feeling stronger, the spinning of the room stopping immediately. He finally opened his eyes, blinking several times as the scene came into focus. Richard rose up onto all fours, backing away from the pool of puke in front of him, then looked around the room.
The walls were grey and completely bare as far as he could see, so was the ceiling and floor. Next to him was a low bed, the metal of the framework also painted a dull grey. Above him was an unshaded bulb, illuminating the grimly coloured room. Ricard looked around in confusion.
‘Where am I?’ He asked herself. Then he remembered what had happened. Being woken in the middle of the night, going to investigate, and then they were on him. At least five men, dressed entirely in black, their faces covered. He didn stand a chance at fighting a couple of them off, but was beat down easily, then one of the men had pressed something over his mouth and nose. Chloroform. Richard had blacked out after only a few moments. The horrible realisation that he had been kidnapped struck him. ‘Oh god, what did they do with me?’ He stood up slowly, holding onto the foot of the bed as he rose, making sure his legs were strong enough to support him. After a moment stood up fully, the nausea hitting him again, but nowhere near as bad as it had been before. He looked around the room, his gaze falling on the back wall and the items that were arranged there. A black nehru S.T.A.R.S uniform hung from a small hook on the wall, and beside it was a small metal shelf with a gun on it. There was also three additional clips for the Steyr Handgun sitting beside the weapon, as well as a small silver card, a torch and a knife.
“What’s going on here?” Richard said aloud.

Richard had changed out of his sleeping attire and had put on the uniform, glad that whatever was going on he wouldn’t have to face it in a no shirt and boxer briefs. It appeared that someone had left the items intentionally for him. Richard had slipped the ammo and torch into the deep pockets of the uniform, and slid the knife into the small scabbard by his ankle. He had holstered the Steyr Handgun and was now examining the small silver card. It was a magnetic key card. He looked over at the metal door of the room and saw a small card slot next to it. Cautiously, Richard moved to it and slid the card through the slot, the door opened immediately with a slight whirring sound.
“Ok, now that was way too easy.” Richard frowned, slipping the card away and taking up his gun. He moved out into the hall, finding it as bare and grey as the room he’d come from. There were rows of other doors too, just like the one he had opened. “Hello?” Richard said loudly, listening for a response, but he didn’t hear one. Richard began to turn to head along the hallway when he saw the design painted on the floor, his stomach twisting as he realised just who had kidnapped him. The Umbrella logo. “This can’t be good…”
Just then there came a whirring sound, a door behind him opened up, Richard span around, his gun raised, waiting for someone… or something to emerge.

Last edited by Trojan Man on Jan 31st, 2006 at 07:32 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 07:30 PM
Trojan Man is currently offline Click here to Send Trojan Man a Private Message Find more posts by Trojan Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

Pac emerged from the door, dressed in similar atyre, also with his gun out. he lloked at Richard, and said
'who are you?'

[5:20][showcase]

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 08:12 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trojan Man
Hiding In The Shadows

Richard immediately lowered his weapon, his eyes lighting up as he realised he wasn’t alone. The man standing in front of him was another confused person. He stepped aside so the man could get out of his cell, looking at him, then a smile spread across his face.
“I’m sorry about that.” Richard said, motioning to the Steyr Handgun in his hand ‘Try introducing yourself first.’ He thought. “I’m Richard Gunn, of Raccoon City S.T.A.R.S. Division.” He announced, holding out his hand to shake his. “I’m sorry about the whole pointing a gun at you thing."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 08:25 PM
Trojan Man is currently offline Click here to Send Trojan Man a Private Message Find more posts by Trojan Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KnivesOut
nuff sed

pac took his hand.
'Pac Maion, of the Leeds City Fire Foghters (LCFF)

Old Post Jan 31st, 2006 08:30 PM
KnivesOut is currently offline Click here to Send KnivesOut a Private Message Find more posts by KnivesOut Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trojan Man
Hiding In The Shadows

Richard didn’t know exactly what was going on, but the fact that Umbrella was involved meant it wasn’t good. He felt as though he could trust him almost immediately.
“Nice to meet you Pac.” Richard said, gesturing to the Umbrella logo painted on the floor. He looked up and down the hall, at the numerous cell doors lining the walls. “I’d say that we were being imprisoned, but the fact that we were given the key to get out suggests otherwise.” Richard thought about what he knew, the kidnapping, the small cell which just so happened to be fitted with a S.T.A.R.S uniform and supplies… “Someone wanted us to be able to get out of those cells.” He tried to contemplate why someone would go to the trouble of kidnapping them, only to release them again. It didn’t make sense.
“In any case, I think we’re in a bad situation here.” Richard continued. “As if being kidnapped wasn’t enough of a giveaway, Umbrella have been gunning for the S.T.A.R.S since...”
Before Richard could finish there came a loud hiss of static from above them, and he noticed for the first time that the ceiling was lined with speakers and cameras. The static broke off as suddenly as it had appeared, replaced by a voice, a low male voice.
“Welcome S.T.A.R.S. and Civilians.” The voice greeted them. “Welcome to The Proving Ground, Umbrella’s most advanced testing facility to date. This facility was designed to test the combat efficiency and skills of Umbrella’s finest creations.” Richard grew a little pale, knowing what Umbrella’s ‘finest creations’ were: genetically modified and virally enhanced killing machines.
“In order for our tests to begin, Umbrella requested that we find some ‘candidates’ to run the sectors of this facility. ‘Candidates’ who would be able to put up some resistance against our creations. That is why you are here.”
‘Oh crap! This isn’t good.’ Richard thought, their situation becoming horribly apparent. The cameras were all fixed on the two of them standing in the hall, watching them intently, recording their reactions.
“Umbrella decided that S.T.A.R.S officers and civilians, with their superior training, would prove the most potent rats we could have running our maze. You will provide us with accurate combat data for our new creations, one way or another. There are five sectors to the facility, each containing different creatures, traps and various other hazards you would do well to avoid. You’re only way out of here is by making your way to sector 5, the exit is there… assuming you get that far.” A quiet laugh filled the air before the voice continued. “Umbrella wishes you the best of luck.”
The voice was gone, the speakers falling silent. Richard and Pac exchanged a glance.
“I think the situation just got a whole lot worse.”

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 05:00 PM
theevilgood
God of Realms

(Raphael)
I looked around the room. After equiping myself with my attire, I slid the keycard through the lock on my door...nothing happened. I tried 3 times, with no luck. I took out my knife, and slammed it into the keycard reciever. The reciever broke instantly, and the door slid open noisily. I looked at the 2 people outside. "Damn door wouldn't open," I said casually.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2006 05:34 PM
theevilgood is currently offline Click here to Send theevilgood a Private Message Find more posts by theevilgood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyingstar
Restricted

Account Restricted

(( so ummm how is this thread going so far ???? i mean when are we getting started ))

Counter Strike kicks ass

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 02:51 AM
Dyingstar is currently offline Click here to Send Dyingstar a Private Message Find more posts by Dyingstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theevilgood
God of Realms

I'd imagine when Ush gets moving and actually comes to the RP thread (seriously, I'm getting kind of pissed off)

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 03:22 AM
theevilgood is currently offline Click here to Send theevilgood a Private Message Find more posts by theevilgood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

Jaric's eye sopenned slowly he felt aweful! Jaric took a glance at teh ceiling. "hehehe Pass out again did I?" he asked finally remmebering what happenned. He had been taken from a Bar They came in a SHor fight ensued He knoked one man out cold they grabbed him and drugged him well now hes here. He tried to stand easier than he thought he jumped to hsi feet his eyes heavy. "I need some burban." he said looking around. "Damn looks like no booz oh well" he looked over to a shelf, Had a STARS uniform A Gun three clips, a Kinfe, well crafted he might add, a Torch and a Silver Card Key, He looked colser it had his face and name on it. "STARS Agent" it said as well. He stepped forward changing out of his Street clothes, and into eth STARS Uniform, he smiled He took his lucky Goggles out of his Pocket, they were heat readding as well he took them everywhere, he put teh Key Kard away, The Knife in his Belt, and teh Gun in its Holster, if only he was packing more heat he would feel more confident. He inserted eth Key Card and stepped out he immediately heard an anouncement he noticed others they didnt notice him. "So mind telling me where the bar is?" he asked jokingly in his Irish accent. He was a wee bit worried about what was lurking where but hed best play it cool.

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 03:28 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyingstar
Restricted

Account Restricted

(( seriously can somone fill me in on whats going on here >?))

Counter Strike kicks ass

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 03:34 AM
Dyingstar is currently offline Click here to Send Dyingstar a Private Message Find more posts by Dyingstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

~we woke up and heard a message!~

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 03:36 AM
DarkDethbringer is currently offline Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyingstar
Restricted

Account Restricted

(( ur ganna get pisssed but has RP this already started ? id like to start))

Counter Strike kicks ass

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 03:44 AM
MadMel
Heh

john woke up. he felt sick. he had been sick before, from battle fatigue but this was different. he felt 50 years older. 50 years older with a hernia and arthritis. 'hehe' he thought, 'i can still crack a joke. i must be getting better'.
john heard noises outside. one of them was famillier. he got up, still feeling dizzy, and started to walk out the door when he noticed weapons in a box next to the sink. he picked them up and walked out the door, sliding.
john saw his officer talking to 2 strangers." damn door wouldnt open" he said. andrew cuckled. "just like you....sir", he said. "let me guess. you used a knife?". john noticed the other two people. "oh sorry, im John Bakman, S.T.A.R spec ops, and this is my commanding officer...."(lets raphael intro himself)

Last edited by MadMel on Feb 3rd, 2006 at 07:27 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 07:23 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyingstar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rand walks around the station trying to find something to do as he realizes there is chatter going " hmmm wounder what there are talking about , might be important " Rand said , happily giving him self an opurtunity to make new friends wich Rand always injoyed doing. Rand walks up to the men and the person who also just introduce himself. " Hi , umm whats going on ? i heard a bunch of comotion and it really sounds messed up, can somone fill me in ?" (( i hope this is long enough and i hope our own character can meet up, they just did ))

Counter Strike kicks ass

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 12:33 PM
Trojan Man
Hiding In The Shadows

( Hey, DyingStar I didnt see you post you're character profile in the Character Section. )

Richard looked at him uneasily for a moment, wondering how none of these officers didn’t know about the things Umbrella had done, but then again most people didn’t know, Umbrella had done such a good job at covering up the truth. They had removed or destroyed anything that pointed to their involvement, but worse still, Umbrella had paid off a number of officials, including several branches of S.T.A.R.S, who completely destroyed the survivors credibility. No one believed them. Umbrella had managed to cover their own asses, even after the disaster that occurred in Raccoon City. Richard suddenly realised that others starting coming out from the dark rooms, probably they wouldn’t know anything. He had watched about 4 more S.T.A.R.S. Officers appear from there dark rooms. Richard thought to himself for a moment, thinking he should explain about the truth of Umbrella.
“Listen up EVERYONE!, As you see we are held captive in this shit-hole, And Umbrella as you may have heard about is a leading supplier in pharmaceutical care and medicine, but that’s all a smokescreen. In truth, Umbrella have been manufacturing genetic and viral weaponry. It’s all kept secret, the majority of Umbrella’s employees don’t even know about it. On the outskirts of Raccoon City was the Spencer place, a mansion that was supposedly abandoned, but we uncovered an Umbrella lab hidden beneath it.” Richard paused a minute, thinking back to the horrors he’d witnessed that day. The walking dead, the viscous animals, the hunters… the Tyrant. He shook his head, staring at each of the officers eyes. “You can’t begin to imagine what we had to go through to survive. Then, a short while later, Raccoon City became infected by their viral strains. Umbrella couldn’t control the outbreak and so levelled the city to the ground, destroying the evidence in the process.” Richard looked away from the group, the horrible memories of the Spencer Mansion playing on his mind. Would they be forced to confront similar monsters in this place? “Umbrella are performing immoral and illegal experiments, and as far as I can tell, we’re about to become part of their latest one.”
There was a low whirring sound behind Richard, forcing Richard to turn immediately, bringing up his weapon, his breath catching in his throat. The group also span around, pulling there weapons and levelling it as someone stepped into the hall. Suddenly a crocodile like creature, with blakc beady eyes had pounced on Richard, slamming him to the concrete floor hard, and now ready to tear him apart.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 02:45 PM
KnivesOut
nuff sed

Pac raised his gun, took carefull aim and shot he creature three times, right were his eyes should be. the creature reared its head, stared at pac for a second, the leapt towards him. Pac fired twice more, and the creature slumped, possibly dead.
'Right, whos up for black crocodile stew?'

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 04:26 PM
theevilgood
God of Realms

(Raphael)
The croc lunged for me. I whipped out my knife in a flash, and slashed across the crocs head. The knife bounced off with a spark. "Somehow I knew that wouldn't work," I said, leaping back, out of the crocs range. "That's a bad croc," I said with a smile. The croc lunged again, it's jaws wide open. I leaped foward, and jammed my knife into the roof of its mouth. I twirled the knife and said, "Stay down." Suddenly, 5 more crocs burst through the door. "Damn it," I moaned.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 05:43 PM
KnivesOut
nuff sed

'Hey hey! now its a party!' i shouted. I shot at one of them, but the bullets just ricoched off.
'Theese ones are tougher!'
One of them lunged at me, but i backfliped out of the way. he chrged again. and so i jumped onto his head, smashing its head against the ground. i pushed my fingers into its eyes, and the squished as black blood poured out.
'eew! this wasnt in the job description!'

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 07:13 PM
Dyingstar
Restricted

Account Restricted

(( i did its there )) " well im new and also to this tiwn so i dont really know Umbrella company , im guessing they dont sell umbrellas." Rand looks around and holds gun out of holster " what are we too do ? this looks like , i dont know what this looks like" Rand sees a creature and shoots at it " GOD WHAT THE HELL IS THAT !!! " Rand shoots until it its falls " this is insanity"

Counter Strike kicks ass

Last edited by Dyingstar on Feb 3rd, 2006 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 08:46 PM
KnivesOut
nuff sed

'well, thats umbrella for you! looks like this is the first task' he said as another 5 come crawling out.
'quickly, follow me' he said, and ran off down the corridoor

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 10:13 PM