KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » King(KOF/Art of Fighting) Vs. Blue Mary

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
King 1 50.00%
Blue Mary 1 50.00%
Total: 2 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

King(KOF/Art of Fighting) Vs. Blue Mary
Started by: brainchild81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

King(KOF/Art of Fighting) Vs. Blue Mary

King VS Blue Mary

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 07:28 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Hmm.. I think Mary, being an ex-cop(?) would have a bit more expertise in combat.. not that king isnt great.. but grapplers usually wind up winning in real fights

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 10:32 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Antediluvian89
Former R.P.D member

They both display great skills in combat so no clear advantage, or disadvantage, to either.

They both have tough attitudes so the same there, no advantage for either one.

But BM is an ex-secret agent/cop as Satsujin mentioned so she probably has better battle tactics. So probably after a long, tough fight BM will teach her a lesson she will never forget.

You must overcome your deepest fears to survive the nightmare.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2006 01:28 PM
Antediluvian89 is currently offline Click here to Send Antediluvian89 a Private Message Find more posts by Antediluvian89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

DAMN BC two of my favorite female fighters in video games...tough descion. Both are extremley serious in the martial art. I think I will have to say a tie.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 03:06 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I think King takes this. King can win from afar. Blue Mary can't. Blue Mary only has a chance if she gets up close enough to grapple & even if she does get close, King's footspeed may be too much for her. Blue Mary will have a hard time getting up close since King has more reach(A lot more when you consider fireballs). TFG has more pix, but wiki has more info.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Hmm.. I think Mary, being an ex-cop(?) would have a bit more expertise in combat.. not that king isnt great.. but grapplers usually wind up winning in real fights
Usually they don't have to worry about people shooting fireballs out of their feet thoughsmile I think King may have more h2h combat expertise because she was a bouncer. Mary Ryan being a cop may just mean she has more experience shooting peoplesmile

Last edited by I-Drop on Jun 19th, 2006 at 07:13 AM

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 07:09 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Originally posted by brainchild81
I think King takes this. King can win from afar. Blue Mary can't. Blue Mary only has a chance if she gets up close enough to grapple & even if she does get close, King's footspeed may be too much for her. Blue Mary will have a hard time getting up close since King has more reach(A lot more when you consider fireballs). TFG has more pix, but wiki has more info.

Usually they don't have to worry about people shooting fireballs out of their feet thoughsmile I think King may have more h2h combat expertise because she was a bouncer. Mary Ryan being a cop may just mean she has more experience shooting peoplesmile

I can agree with that but also even though Mary may use weapons,she does rely on her martial art skill to seize the bigger threats.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 11:30 PM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

No doubt. Combat/Commando Sambo is serious stuff. It's kinda like Brazilian Jujitsu. Some of the top MMA fighters use Sambo. I wish SNK'd realize they've got better females than Mai & Athena. You been following the KOF:MI Maniax comics PG?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 05:42 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Mary's counters.. and that tech where she jumps over projectiles to perform a ground grab.. (not to mention the ground slide -> grab) are mostly the reasons I've chosen her.. her ex-cop background (I'm assuming this was in southtown?) just shows that she's had alot of 'practice' to get her style worked out..

projectiles are nice.. but in KoF where sidestepping and rolling are rampant.. I dont really see them meaning anything

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 21st, 2006 06:44 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Mary is much better in Real Bout Special than her appearances in KOF.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2006 02:01 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Mary's counters.. and that tech where she jumps over projectiles to perform a ground grab.. (not to mention the ground slide -> grab) are mostly the reasons I've chosen her.. her ex-cop background (I'm assuming this was in southtown?) just shows that she's had alot of 'practice' to get her style worked out..

projectiles are nice.. but in KoF where sidestepping and rolling are rampant.. I dont really see them meaning anything
They somehow almost always end up being a factor though. I can usually catch people w/the slow double strike.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2006 12:24 AM