KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Warhammer 40K vs. Starcraft

Warhammer 40K vs. Starcraft
Started by: looldude

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
looldude

Warhammer 40K vs. Starcraft

Who wins this one?

Definitely Warhammer 40K.

anyone want to debate with me and lose? stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 10:09 PM
looldude is currently offline Click here to Send looldude a Private Message Find more posts by looldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

all Starcraft teams (terran, Zerg and Protoss) VS Warhammer??

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 10:23 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
looldude

I take it that you dont know much about Warhammer 40K

but yes, all teams from both sides.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 10:28 PM
looldude is currently offline Click here to Send looldude a Private Message Find more posts by looldude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Never played starcraft....but WH40k was fun to play.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 10:39 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

erm...dunno wheres this set, if it was on the dark protoss homeworld then they could activate the temple and blow every Warhammer 40k ass licker to oblivion

otherwise starcraft wins, the Zerg evolve too fast, their much stronger than puny tyranids, Tyranids are similiar but their hive mind is far less advanced as the Zerg and their control is less sufficient, also they dont have Ultralisks and Guardians, or hydralisks for that matter

Terrans and space marines are also very similiar but i think a terran battle cruiser to teach the Space marines some manners

Protoss Dark protoss are invisible, so how will Warhammer characters see them, invisibility as far as i remember is not shown in warhammer also few things in warhammer can match a Protoss carrier if anything at all can survive it so.....

..Starcraft wins Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 11:24 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

I think Protoss alone Wins laughing They are Simply To good!! They have Shields on every units. and they are stronger than A regular human.

So starcraft Wins IMO

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 11:27 PM
Swe_Bum is currently offline Click here to Send Swe_Bum a Private Message Find more posts by Swe_Bum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
looldude

"erm...dunno wheres this set, if it was on the dark protoss homeworld then they could activate the temple and blow every Warhammer 40k ass licker to oblivion

otherwise starcraft wins, the Zerg evolve too fast, their much stronger than puny tyranids, Tyranids are similiar but their hive mind is far less advanced as the Zerg and their control is less sufficient, also they dont have Ultralisks and Guardians, or hydralisks for that matter

Terrans and space marines are also very similiar but i think a terran battle cruiser to teach the Space marines some manners

Protoss Dark protoss are invisible, so how will Warhammer characters see them, invisibility as far as i remember is not shown in warhammer also few things in warhammer can match a Protoss carrier if anything at all can survive it so.....

..Starcraft wins Happy Dance"

wrong. we do not know if zergs are capable of evolving FASTER than tyranids. in fact, tyranids evolves around destroying other races and stealing their genes in order to perfect their bodies.
also, ultralisks? guardians? what are those COMPARED to the BIO TITANS? in fact, they do not need to bring in the bio titans because it is considered an overkill. have you heard of a tyranid unit called the carnifex? its basically like a ultralisk.
anyway here is a picture of a bio titan called the hierophant
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/hierophantpaint.htm

About the terran space marines vs. warhammer 40k space marines. NO they are not the same. In fact, if my memory serves me correctly, a space marine himself needs to be treated and needs to have at least 18 (i think) experiments on him. One such example; an extra lung for more stamina, modified skin for extra protection, etc.
Not to mention all warhammer Space Marines are known to be 8ft or above.

Battlecruisers? big deal. An Imperial Battleships can be more massive and bigger than your typical battlecruiser or carriers.
Up to 8 kilometres from prow to stern. It can carry crews of 30,000 or more.

Dark Protoss? Or you meant Dark Templars. They are cloaked? Again, big deal. Space Marines helmets itself have its own cloak detectors.

Protoss can own everyone? How is that so? Not to mention the most advanced technological race aka the Necrons have these super elite soldiers known as the pariahs ARE KNOWN to deplete psi fields of any sorts within a certain distance. Afterwards it is just 1 hit or 2 hits and your protoss is dead.

Last edited by looldude on Jul 5th, 2006 at 11:46 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 11:42 PM
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Wow long and nice post... But im not convinced laughing I still think Starcraft wins!!

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Jul 5th, 2006 11:55 PM
looldude

reason why you are not convinced is because you havent read anything about warhammer 40k.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 12:15 AM
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Yep

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 12:51 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

ime not totally clueless to Warhammer 40k, i know what a bio titan and a carnifex is because i used to collect tyranids, basically the Bio titan is actually a bio tank, so its probably about as strong as an ultralisk considering thats the ultrlisks role in the zerg swarm to serve as a tank, it says in many places that this is the role of the bio titan, secondly the Carnifex is nothing compared to an ultralisk, its more like a large hyrdralisk if anything and their a dime a dozen in the zerg swarm

The Tyranids obviously evolve slower, look at it this way, the tyranids evolve by taking genes of other races while the Zerg can do not only that but also evolve all the time or at the will of the overmind or Kerrigan, or cerebrate so this is obviously faster for the Zerg. The Zerg evolved two new spieces within the time of the first war, which didnt last long.

As a second note the Protess can burn to dust an entire planet, space cruiser, anything, they win easily against most armies. The Necrons cannot destroy an entire planet as easily as the protoss.

so starcraft still wins, the entire Zerg swarm alone or the protoss alone could possibly do it, especially as the zerg consume the Tyranids they will gain the Tyranids strength as well, and the Necrons.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 11:15 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

is their a site where I can get info on Warhammer 4K so that I can make a informed decision

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 12:08 PM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
looldude

"ime not totally clueless to Warhammer 40k, i know what a bio titan and a carnifex is because i used to collect tyranids, basically the Bio titan is actually a bio tank, so its probably about as strong as an ultralisk considering thats the ultrlisks role in the zerg swarm to serve as a tank, it says in many places that this is the role of the bio titan, secondly the Carnifex is nothing compared to an ultralisk, its more like a large hyrdralisk if anything and their a dime a dozen in the zerg swarm

The Tyranids obviously evolve slower, look at it this way, the tyranids evolve by taking genes of other races while the Zerg can do not only that but also evolve all the time or at the will of the overmind or Kerrigan, or cerebrate so this is obviously faster for the Zerg. The Zerg evolved two new spieces within the time of the first war, which didnt last long.

As a second note the Protess can burn to dust an entire planet, space cruiser, anything, they win easily against most armies. The Necrons cannot destroy an entire planet as easily as the protoss.

so starcraft still wins, the entire Zerg swarm alone or the protoss alone could possibly do it, especially as the zerg consume the Tyranids they will gain the Tyranids strength as well, and the Necrons."

huh? The TT toys usually dont represent the size of the units against eachother, however, if it is put up against a terraign of some sort then most likely it is. I do not see ultralisk towering over red wood forests or any trees for that matter. The ultras are definitely not as strong as the Bio-Titans. In fact, you got them mixed up, the CARNIFEXES are the heavy tanks of the tyranid armies. While the BIO-TITANS are basically your "game over units".

Also, the necrons space ships also called the cairn tombships have these devices that are known to drive the opposing spaceships crew insane. Therefore rendering them and their morale.
Have you heard of Exterminatus or Orbital Bombardment?
SO FAR, in the STARCRAFT WORLD, none of starcraft races have shown or capable of destroying a planet literally. Meaning blowing the whole planet up. Warhammer 40k does. They have shown they have variety of "exterminatus" weapons, either causing the whole world a barren desert, world scale viral bombardments, or basically a whole planet exploding.

Not to mention, the imperium have these on as their arsenals. Terrans? they only live what? 1 or two worlds. Imperium? yeah good luck destroying 23478943 other planets before getting their homeworlds blown up.

Also, what are the terrans zergs and protoss going to do if the C'tan Gods wreck the sh!t out of them? oo and i loove the Chaos Gods too..

btw Tallis, here are several links:
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40K/default.htm
(on the left hand side, click on one of their armies and then click on their miniatures after you are directed to another page which is located on the left side again)

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Categories
^ one of the best info sites ever. Make sure to check out the Imperial Navy, C'tan Gods, Chaos Gods, etc.

or wikipedia. make sure to look up exterminatus or orbital bombardment, and all the races. Especially the Necrons.

Last edited by looldude on Jul 6th, 2006 at 03:25 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 03:14 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

well ok i submit, Warhammer wins, ONLY because their far more advanced and theres more races. Warhammer 40k is older than Starcraft from what i remember and is a table top game that is always getting updated and having new stories and races added to it so this isnt exactley a fair thread

Warhammer has Necrons, Gods which is ridiculous since Starcraft has no gods so its unfair, Space marines, Chaos marines, Chaos forces, Tan, Tyranids, Orcs, probably loads more than that wheras the Starcraft universe is just what blizzard made as a game, with three playable races so this thread is unfair.

Make a Warhammer 40k Vs Farscape thread, Farscape although not a game is a space universe that would kick the 40k butt or maybe even star trek has a chance laughing

put Warhammer up against Diablo and see their arses get kicked but to put a game that has about 20 or 30 odd races all with their own weapons against three is not fair odds IMO especially since Warhammer has Gods.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 04:47 PM
looldude

even without gods, warhammer 40k would still win no expression

diablo on the other hand.. well he gets beat by medieval weapons. Why do you think we strive for better technology and weapons for?

not only that but diablo was beaten by a group of people. Warhammer 40k has millions upon millions and millions etc... of people.

startrek or starwars does pose a threat especially startrek's genesis weapon or whatever it's called.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 05:07 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Diablo in his weak mortal form was beaten by people, but his Satan demonic immortal form that he starts out with could WTF PWN Warhammer 40k, theyd be running for their lives

unless you think Warhammer can truly defeat Satan himself rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic) honestly now that would be foolish

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 06:00 PM
looldude

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
Diablo in his weak mortal form was beaten by people, but his Satan demonic immortal form that he starts out with could WTF PWN Warhammer 40k, theyd be running for their lives

unless you think Warhammer can truly defeat Satan himself rolling on floor laughing laughing laughing out loud roll eyes (sarcastic) honestly now that would be foolish

ehhh when was diablo ever immortal?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 06:13 PM
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Originally posted by Burning thought

LOL thats True!! laughing

Diablo WTFPWN em

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 06:14 PM
Swe_Bum
R.I.P Dimebag Darrell!

Originally posted by looldude
ehhh when was diablo ever immortal?
LOL!! n00b

Pure American Metal

My fanart/art-- My sigs

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 06:15 PM
looldude

diablo can always be banished forever.

you're calling me newb except you dont know anything about warhammer 40k. riiiight.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 06:15 PM