KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The heart = Liz Possible Spoilers

The heart = Liz Possible Spoilers
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

The heart = Liz Possible Spoilers

The heart in the movie was meant to resemble Liz..and Jack REALLY wants to be the "key to her heart" and not find the actual key itself. thats why his compass was pointing to her instead of the location of the REAL key. So by going to Tia he learns how to get the REAL key and in turn he learns how to be the "key to her heart"(tia helps him in both ways)

JACK SPARROW:
We're looking for this. And what it
goes to.(key)

TIA DALMA
The Compass you bartered from me. It
cannot lead you to dis?

JACK SPARROW
Maybe. Why?

TIA DALMA
Ayeee... Jack Sparrow does not know
what he wants! Or... do know, but are
loathe to claim it as your own. Your
key go to a chest, and it is what lay
inside the chest you seek, don't it?

basically meaning Liz...he wants to win her heart over but doesn't know how the hell to do it..and he's having trouble removing William from the equation..she says YOUR key and not THE key..she says A CHEST not THE chest..he wants to be the KEY TO HER HEART! THAT is what the compass is telling him...and I think he knows thats what it is..because he said "maybe..why?" and when she basically says out loud what he's trying to do he barly raises an eyebrow..he wants help in more ways than one..

Towards the end when Will comes back ..He HAS the key so he "IS" the key to her heart..but he's more concerned about saving his dad so he loses it to Jack. This moment resembles what HAPPENED in the movie..he wasnt there for her he was with his dad and Jack moved in on her and she started to gain feelings for him Then all three men fight for that key..Jack wins it and becomes the key to her heart (learns how to love her) and WINS THE HEART OVER.. he has the heart and when he sees Will trying to get at it..he viciously SMACKS HIM OVER THE HEAD with an oar...."dont touch Liz she's MINE!" which symbloizes how much he wants him out of the way when it comes to Liz.. Also symbolizes that he HAs won her over Will..

POSSIBLE SPOILER:
What happens next with the heart might be a hint as to what is going to happen in the next movie with Sao feng who works for the the EITC..Liz gets kidnapped by him apparently..and Norrington has a big part to play in that happening..Also apparently Jack foolishly gives her over to Sao feng thinking that she will be safe with him for one night and that he will see her again the next day..but finds out later that she Isn't safe at all..Jack foolishly thinks the heart is safe in the Jar. But when he realizes that its gone and that its not safe at all he is an emotional wreck.....

Now this is whats making me worried with what Disney might do with the love triangle..Jack realises how much Liz means to him once she is in danger in this movie..he goes to rescue her which is what he might do in the next one..she is greatful but she choses to save WILL..She accepts that she loves Jack..but choses to "save Will"..and Jack ACCEPTS IT and DIES so that they can be safe..So me thinks in movie 3. Liz might Accept that she loves Jack but choose Will to save Will from his "destiny"and Jack will accept the choice in movie 3 Basically a pity pairing..Jack calls her a pirate..she looks at him as if to say "no thats not what I want" and she runs off...so maybe she Will go back to a crappy life with Will roll eyes (sarcastic)

I hope to god Jack wont Die and do the honorable thing so he can save the Will/Liz's partnership..

If so thanks Disney for getting everyone hyped up with a Jack/Liz pairing and then spectacularyly dashing their hopes.. mad

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 21st, 2006 at 01:13 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:04 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
taliakai
Jack Fan

WOW!

I loved POTC 1&2&3! i can't wait for #4!(I hope)

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:26 PM
taliakai is currently offline Click here to Send taliakai a Private Message Find more posts by taliakai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Jack cannot die because he's Captain Jack Sparrow! Savvy?

Couldn't resist. Let's hope for the best, and if worse comes to worse, at least we know they had their moments on the Pearl.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:35 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Yeh thats true..But everything that happened with the heart and how Jack reacted once it was in danger..and then what happened after he saved it seems as if its going to be echoed later on he might not die that might just mean..he'll do the "right thing" and save Will from his Davy Destiny by allowing Liz to be with him even though its not what their hearts really want.....which just plain sucks laughing out loud

but seriously...a PITY pairing?? what a whimper to go out on laughing out loud

that ending would mean they both did the honorable thing to save another person though...both redeem themselves..Liz will be redeemed for what she did to Jack..and Jack will mend the huge wound he gave to Will by taking Liz from him.liz/Jack both being together can be cast as a selfish thing whilst the other person gets hurt...

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 21st, 2006 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:41 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

but then THAT would mean Will is being selfish by keeping Liz whislt her heart REALLY wants Jack and vise versa. So then He might just let her go with Jack..that way Jack would be happy..Will would be happy and so would Liz..Will's dad seems to be what he cares about most now..

oh feck this man its too hard to understand what the hell is going on * goes and hides in a corner*

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 01:55 PM
LovelyOne

What also makes me crack up with this whole becoming the key to her heart thing..is that when Jack wins it and proudly puts it around his neck he falls right into a grave laughing out loud we all know what that symbloizes..Jack gets PULLED OUT (of purgatory) by the wheel.. loses the key..but actually gets it again and wins the heartlaughing out loud

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 21st, 2006 at 02:19 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 02:15 PM
katelovespirate

yeah i think the grave is symbolic. foreshadows the fact that just after the kiss Jack dies.

But Jack won't die again if Johnny keeps talking about a 4th film. PERSONALLY< I dont think any of the 3 main characters will die.

I just cant conclusively decide what they would do with Will if they did decide to put Jack and Liz together. I mean, if they dont, they can somewhat easily (though irritatingly) explain away Jack's attraction and have him sail away on his ship, whereas with Will, his whole character sort of revolves round Liz, except for his dad. I dont know. It would just sort of kill the point to his character if he loses, cause who cares about his dad. LOL. I dont knw. thats the thing i have the hardesst time with. Maybe they would kill Will. smile

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 03:12 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
yeah i think the grave is symbolic. foreshadows the fact that just after the kiss Jack dies.

But Jack won't die again if Johnny keeps talking about a 4th film. PERSONALLY< I don't think any of the 3 main characters will die.

I just cant conclusively decide what they would do with Will if they did decide to put Jack and Liz together. I mean, if they don't, they can somewhat easily (though irritatingly) explain away Jack's attraction and have him sail away on his ship, whereas with Will, his whole character sort of revolves round Liz, except for his dad. I don't know. It would just sort of kill the point to his character if he loses, cause who cares about his dad. LOL. I don't knw. thats the thing i have the hardesst time with. Maybe they would kill Will. smile

the 4th film may be a prequel..

With Will though, his dad was the most important thing in his life since before he even met Liz. I think he's going to choose his dad over her..or his dad will make him realise that Liz isn't the thing he needs to be happy or what ever....I hope thats what happens anyway..

Being/meeting a pirate was the most important thing in Liz's life before she even met Will..so I can understand thats it's where her heart truly lies..

And with Jack..its clear from movie 1 that he really wants love in life (the dog and his bone) but is afraid of it..so its only natural that he would want the one person who has faith in him even though she's seen him at his weakest and knows he's not really the legend he claims to be...he's more lucky than brave...until she steps into his life that is

don't you think it would be so much better to just give all the characters what they want at the end? laughing out loud give the dog his bone for gods sake laughing out loud..which the dog does have in its mouth at the end when it was sitting on the thrown resembling Jack..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 21st, 2006 at 03:37 PM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 03:33 PM
lovethemtigers

I've said this before....maybe Will will bow out gracefully - realizing he doesn't want to be with someone who secretly longs to be with someone else....Maybe there will be another girl that catches Will's eye - I read somewhere on another thread where we talked about first love's - I mean there are not many people who end up with their first love - many times a first love is more like puppy love and then one meets their soul mate and discover deep, true adult love...to me Jack is Elizabeth's soul mate and Liz is Jack's soulmate....Peas in a Pod, We are very much alike you and I, I-you, Us...you will come over to my side, I know it....because you and I are alike....etc.....there are just so many clues (ALL CLUES POINT TO JACK AND LIZ) that makes the audience focus on Jack and LIz....The compass being the main item of symbolism is this movie...What does Lord Beckett want - the compass, What does Tia ask Jack about - the compass...What does Will want from Jack the compass....who does Jack give the compass to? ELIZABETH - he actually hands over his prized possession to LIz....And what does the compass do when Liz holds it? Points to Jack.....then in the end Jack is on his way to safety - LAND - the Kracken is attacking the pearl, what does Jack do - he pulls out the compass...and we are to assume that it points back to the Black Pearl and Liz...cuz who does he show up next to on the Pearl - LIZ....I know Will loves Liz...besides if this is the end of the trilogy...what becomes of Will's purpose doesn't really matter much...maybe we can assume that he'll meet another girl and fall in love or maybe they'll introduce one into the story near the end...but I for one will be very disappointed if Disney backtracks and puts Liz settling for Will again...when we all know she really wants Jack...but I can see where you are coming from LovelyOne about them sacrificing their love for Will - but that just makes Will even more Wimpy....I would have more respect for Will if he recognizes the love between Jack and Liz and bows out gracefully and be happy with himself....Come on Disney.....And the only way Disney will make a fourth movie would be because of Johnny Depp so Jack Sparrow has to be in the 4th movie - but according to an article I read with an interview with Jerry - he says that the story is going to come to an end in POTC 3 - and that he knows Johnny would like to do a 4th one - but it would have to be totally separte from the trilogy, if they even did one....

Old Post Aug 21st, 2006 10:19 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Hey LovelyOne! I was on the message boards on yahoo and this girl pasted your theories on there and gave the link to where she got them and it was another forum haha You visit many forums like me... rolling on floor laughing just thought that was funny how your theories make their way around the internet hehe

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:27 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

So here is yet another clue - kind of the one I mentioned above - about how Jack is acting strange in this movie - IMO because of Elizabeth...notice Gibbs used the word Vexed - and so does Tia - what vexes men most? A Woman....Vexed in this context means - confused, disoriented, unfocused on anything but HER. I know LovelyOne that they say that Will's story is mirroring Davy Jones...but there's some parts of me that wonder if it is actually Jack...Here's the passage:

GIBBS
So - We're going after this key!

JACK SPARROW
You're not making any sense at all.
Any more questions?

MARTY
So... Do we have a heading?

JACK SPARROW
Hah! A heading. Set sail in a... mmm...
a general... in *that* way - direction.

GIBBS
Cap'n?

JACK SPARROW
Come on, snap to and make sail, you
know how this works. Come on, ?oy/?quick,
?oy/?quick, hey!

[Marty and Gibbs gather alone by the railing]

MARTY
Have you noticed lately... The captain
seems to be actin' a bit strange...
-er.

GIBBS
Settin' sail without knowing his own
headin'? Somethin's got Jack vexed.
Mark my words, what bodes ill for Jack
Sparrow bodes ill for us all.

Yeah, something's got Jack vexed alright - and it's Elizabeth....the remainder of the movie gives us all the clues to let us know that....

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:38 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

THAT MAKES SENSE!! At Tia's hut,she asked 'What vexes all men?' Jack answered and said 'A woman'

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:46 AM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

you know what i just realized? I honestly dont think Jack is thinking specifically about Liz at the beginning of two, when his compass isnt working.
I think it is a general discontent with the pirate life, a feeling of emptiness because he is suddenly longing for love, that sort of thing. Then Liz shows up and things fall into place.
the "vex" word is key. they used that for a reason! smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 02:17 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

OMG IM SO BLIND! i have not noticed what gibbs said!! "SOMETHING GOT JACK VIXED" and after that tia askas 'WHAT VIXENS ALL MEN' even bloody will didnt know 0.o and jack answered, after his crew didnt figure it out, 'A WOMAN!' he practically shout at it. gosh im stupid stupid stupid grr

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 02:44 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Ahhhh. That is very interesting...vexed..hmm..

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 05:42 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

you know what i just realized? I honestly dont think Jack is thinking specifically about Liz at the beginning of two, when his compass isnt working.
I think it is a general discontent with the pirate life, a feeling of emptiness because he is suddenly longing for love, that sort of thing. Then Liz shows up and things fall into place.

yes I agree..he goes for the material possession and its not there to comfort him..

I just have a big feeling that it pointed to somewhere where the key couldn't have possibly been when he looked on the map there..Port Royal? He got all frustrated and confused.. If it was port Royal, that would explain why it suddenly clicks in his mind on the cannibal island as soon as Will mentions she's in danger..he suddenly stops dead in his tracks and musters up the strength to escape...coincidently Bill has just come and made jack realise he needs to find the chest!..and Will comes and makes Jack realise I NEED TO FIND LIZ..its a whole parallel story thing going on seriously.. laughing out loud I mean everything Jack does in pursuit of the chest ACTUALLY helps him gain Liz too..the "real heart he is after"

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 22nd, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:34 AM
LovelyOne

Lovethemtigers there are so many hints thats its Will who's mirroring Davy..when Liz betrays jack he LOVES IT..but Will..he's angrily playing with a KNIFE eeekkk!

Also I picked up on something that resembles the love triangle..The dog and the two men in the boat

Jack is the dog
Pintel is Liz
Ragetti is Will

they are sitting in a triangle

Pintel shows more love towards the dog.

Ragetti shows NO care towards it...he's actually more interested in..the spiritual and mysterious side of life..and who shows an interest in Will...Tia does. and that is one mysterious and spiritual lady. Even Will shows a curiosity in her when he first meets her..

Ragetti never again mentions all the spiritual crap in the movie..its only there..

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 11:45 AM
katelovespirate

this is kinda random but i love it how on the posters, Jack and Liz are both facing sideways, looking sort of devious,

while will is full front, looking angry. hahahahaha. smile

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 12:10 PM
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by LovelyOne
Lovethemtigers there are so many hints thats its Will who's mirroring Davy..when Liz betrays jack he LOVES IT..but Will..he's angrily playing with a KNIFE eeekkk!

Also I picked up on something that resembles the love triangle..The dog and the two men in the boat

Jack is the dog
Pintel is Liz
Ragetti is Will

they are sitting in a triangle

Pintel shows more love towards the dog.

Ragetti shows NO care towards it...he's actually more interested in..the spiritual and mysterious side of life..and who shows an interest in Will...Tia does. and that is one mysterious and spiritual lady. Even Will shows a curiosity in her when he first meets her..

Ragetti never again mentions all the spiritual crap in the movie..its only there..

True - I know what you mean....I don't why every now and then I think of Jack mirroring Davy Jones...but it definitely would be Will - can't see jack cutting his heart out, but Will? who knows - he may try to cut Jack's heart out LOL....Do think will and tia have some kind of connection/chemistry....from the moment he walks through the door - and he seems real intent on her, I think he may have given into a kiss if Jack hadn't have stepped in between them....

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:07 PM
lovethemtigers

You are probably right - at the very beginning he is probably not thinking specifically of Elizabeth - but he knows deep down something is missing from his life - that's why the compass isn't working for him....then when Will shows up and reminds him of Elizabeth - I think he is beginning the think about Liz and himself by the time they reach Tia's cabin....

LovelyOne is right - once Will shows up and tells him about Liz - he sure does muster up courage and strength to escape - course he is always trying to escape death - until the very end.....

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:13 PM