KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The heart = Liz Possible Spoilers

The heart = Liz Possible Spoilers
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

.".How can we really tell that Jack is changing unselfishly?"----T. Maria

I think about that sometimes when I'm with my fiance. If I'm kind of down I think, "we're just with each other because it makes us happy, and that's a selfish reason," but then I remember something someone once told me. "Love isn't how someone makes you feel. It's about how you make them feel."
Love is finding joy (which is more complete and lasting than happiness) in acting selflessly for someone else, doing what you can to make their life richer, better, more fun, safer, whatever.

So you can try to apply that here. Something is after Jack during this whole movie: Davy's Kracken. He's got a lot at stake this movie, when before, he was just trying to get back his ship. He was pretty unselfish in that one because there were at least two opportunities where he could have let Barbosa kill Will and still get back his ship, but he wasn't going to hurt anyone but Barbosa to get it back.
Fast forward and now Liz is with him on the Pearl. He's acting pretty neutral with her, just playful flirting. Then when they find the chest, he acts very selfishly and even bails out on his Pearl. But he comes back. Why?
He wouldn't have had his Pearl, but he would have been alive. But he took out his compass and where did it point? Back to the ship and the people on it. The right thing to do was help them even if it meant his own life. That's far from selfish. That's a downright sacrifice. So imo, Jack will always be kind of a scoundrel, but he has a heart under all that, and he's not above letting the good in him come out when it needs to.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 06:58 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Very good point as always^^

he wants to be there for Liz...to save her..he doesnt want her to die because he loves her..Thats not really selfish..I mean yes she makes him feel brave..but he ALSO makes her feel loved and safe in return..when she needs it the most.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 25th, 2006 at 07:11 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 07:09 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

Oooh i seee smile thanks willofthewispsmile!

would that tie in with the fact that Barbozza said in POTC1 that it was his downfall? or summit along those lines?

I think that Jack is possibly the hardest character to work out, hes this enigma...i reckon thats what Johnny Depp loves about playing him so much....he seems to play things close to the chest...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 07:13 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Did anyone notice how he hears Liz pull the chain..stops kissing her..then waits to see what she will do? then she slams it shut and he smiles..

she took a good while to close that hancuff..Jack could have pulled away easy..but he just waits to see if she will go through with it..

this makes me pretty convinced that he would have stayed anyway..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 25th, 2006 at 10:28 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:22 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

Ohj yeah he did! good observation! i never really payed attention to that!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:28 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I think liz might have known that he was gonna stay too...she just wanted to get a kiss out of him before he did die..and she also prevents him from fighting to protect her..which would mean he loves her..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 25th, 2006 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:31 PM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

aaaaawwwwwwww!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:34 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

yess so true.....gosh i cnat stop thinking about that kiss..it was soo friggen hot!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:34 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

***** needs to STOP with all her denial man! LET THE MAN LOVE YOU! YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT! thats why you couldnt stop looking at his lips once you kissed him!!..AND you went in to kiss him again!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:40 PM
CaptinJackLover

hahahaha

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:41 PM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

ever noticed all the similarities to star wars PoTC has...well here's another one...Balck Pearl = Millenium Falcon...lol...

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:45 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

hhhmmm, nope

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:46 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

enough star wars and potc comparison aaaa! wacko wacko

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 05:29 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

AHA!! I just spotted something that suggests Liz symbolizes the heart in the movies..which makes my " what ever happens to heart overshadoes her" theory a bit more credible..when Jack first mentions it to her..Ragetti comes along and basically does that heart thump thing RIGHT in her face...and she's like "what the?"

Its implying that she resembles the heart IMO..I always thought that part where he does that was rather random...its like him saying "yeah its you!"

the story of the heart is kept ahead of what happens to Liz in the movies..so who ever stabs it will probably be the one who hurts her the very most in the future..My bets on Will.

The moment where ragetti does that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw9E4JDaWxE

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 18th, 2006 at 11:49 AM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:42 AM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

wow cool

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:55 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

you know what..I think he snaps that shut because he's afraid she will see that it's pointing to her..then watch his eyes as he says "it points to the thing you want most in this world" as he looks at her..looks as if he is realy trying to cover up his emotions..awww

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:01 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

yeah the scene is so sexy..it's like he's talking all gentle and emotional and he's trying not to show it..you are right that's so cute

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:12 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

yeah I agree with you..the way he grabs both of her hands etc..also Liz's face..you can totally see that she just spotted that look he gave..and she looks thrilled that Jack Sparrow wants her most in this world then she says "oh JACK!" and smiles..she looks like a woman meeting up with her childhood crush lol..she then composes herself a bit once she realizes she's staring so adoringly at him.

Also I think that whole "my compass is unique" line has a double meaning..and the fact that "it's broken"..."doesn't point north"..but I shant say what lol

Last edited by LovelyOne on Sep 18th, 2006 at 12:24 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:21 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Also I think that whole "my compass is unique" line has a double meaning..and the fact that "it's broken"..."doesn't point north"..but I shant say what lol

big grin yes, I know, I've thought the same!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:27 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

cuz in the movie he's not really all that sexually forward with her..which is a MAIN factor in Liz actually seeing him on a different level IMO..she sees that he can be gentle etc...in the first movie he was quite forward and yanked her to the floor..put his arm around her etc at that point it was a lust thing on his mind. he was really confident that he was gonna get some and it put her off quite bit lol..

but now that he has started to become more infatuated with her after that whole betrayal on the beach in movie 1..he's actually thinking about having her in his life on a long term basis in movie 2..its not just sex..and this causes him to be more respectable around her IMO..and she picks up on it

and the "my compass is unique"..LOL come on!! look at her face as he says that..this woman is really sexually frustrated because her wedding night was robbed away from her...and that line is him basically saying "I'm the best f*** in this world"...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:35 PM