KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Terry's response to the "Will-dies" rumour

Terry's response to the "Will-dies" rumour
Started by: Alina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alina
Pessimist

Miffed Terry's response to the "Will-dies" rumour

Terry has responed to the Will-dies rumour on Wordplayer:

Quote:

Oh come on ... everyone knows that

... .. the Will Turner character is killed off in Pirates 3.

kidding, kidding.

It's pretty nuts. There hasn't been one minute of work done on Pirates 4 by anybody yet. There haven't even been any deals made, nobody knows who would even be making the decisions yet, no one know who is even going to be invited to make the decisions yet.

Pure speculation.

I still think it is possible for Will to end up as capt. He doesn't have to die in order to do so.

Also, and if this offends anyone I apologize, what are the writers supposed to say to such rumours? They have to deny everything. Disney will try their hardest to keep people from knowing what happens until the movie premieres. They will deny every spoiler about AWE because they won't risk that people might not go and see it if they already have an idea of the outcome.
I honestly think that we should take any answers from the writers with a grain of salt as well. Their answers are also used to create attention and they sure hell won't give ANYTHING away.
So, does Will die? Maybe, maybe not. But I won't count it out just yet....

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:52 PM
Alina is currently offline Click here to Send Alina a Private Message Find more posts by Alina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

why thank you Terry! we all know you would tell us whats really goin on, on set!....or would he?stick out tongue

bet the KttCers lapped that up

He didnt actually say that Will DOESNT die off in 3 in that paragraph. He didnt actually give a straight yes or no answer when it comes to the Will dying thing there^^

he actually did a covering thing with how he said that^ He has said that it does happen and then said "kidding kidding".

So if he does die in 3 then he's covered himself with how he said it there^ people cant say "but you said he didnt die!" because he did say he dies.

the thing about movie 4 he said is not in context with what he said above about Will. He says its nuts how people are saying there is a script for 4 etc. He's saying nothingis ready for it yet.

although I have heard differently from sources...

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:54 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

I am so ready for this movie to come out I cant stand it anymore!! I gotta know what happens smile

Off to the therapy thread ...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:56 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I dont really take that as a straight yes or no answer when it comes to Will dying or not..he didnt actually say no.

things Orlando has said in interviews etc

that script I managed to learn about.

spoilers on podcast about the fate of the captain..we all know its not Davy J who dies like that..Davy J dies because Will stabs the heart. It says the captain is set free by someone and goes up to heaven with her

Tia anyone?

Naomi and her "dramatic deprature" that she originally thought was a cliff hanger..but now suddenly says its not.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 03:19 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:15 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alina
Pessimist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
why thank you Terry! we all know you would tell us whats really goin on, on set!....or would he?stick out tongue

bet the KttCers lapped that up

He didnt actually say that Will DOESNT die off in 3 in that paragraph. He didnt actually give a straight yes or no answer when it comes to the Will dying thing there^^

he actually did a covering thing with how he said that^ He has said that it does happen and then said "kidding kidding".

So if he does die in 3 then he's covered himself with how he said it there^ people cant say "but you said he didnt die!" because he did say he dies.

the thing about movie 4 he said is not in context with what he said above about Will. He says its nuts how people are saying there is a script for 4 etc. He's saying nothingis ready for it yet.

although I have heard differently from sources...

Yep, they were pretty cheerful ....BTW, you are quite infamous over there, I've seen your KttC name mentioned in a few posts.

You pretty much said it and I agree with you. They WON'T give anything away at all. They are ambiguous or they deny it. And what do you think would happen if they said: "Yeah, it is true, we decided to that because....." before the movie was released?? Someone at Disney wouldn't be happy, that's for sure.
I'm not saying that they are lying all the time, simply that there are some things they won't confirm....for a reason!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:16 PM
Alina is currently offline Click here to Send Alina a Private Message Find more posts by Alina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I know they think I'm a crazy crackpot who has no idea what she's talking about..I'm pretty sure they Will be the ones eating crow big grin

someones gotta post that respone on there lol laughing out loud

Only joking dont say it lol

see even with all of this stuff they think I would give in..but No I'm quite confident that Will stabs the heart

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 03:30 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:20 PM
LovelyOne

Also did he say the script wasnt written?..nooo lol

Its also very strange the rumor of Will's death was on here for quite a while before this little "rumor" even came out over the news. Not saying they know from me LMAO. I just mean it means its probably true from a reliable source/insider on set telling the Daily Star for profit.

All it does is back the spoiler of will's death up.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:24 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by LovelyOne
Also did he say the script wasnt written?..nooo lol

Its also very strange the rumor of Will's death was on here for quite a while before this little "rumor" even came out over the news. Not saying they know from me LMAO. I just mean it means its probably true from a reliable source/insider on set telling the Daily Star for profit.

All it does is back the spoiler of will's death up.

because THAT is not where I got the info of Will's possible death from..I got it from somewhere else long before the news article

Sorry to continue from this cuz I cant edit that one

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:40 PM
Alina
Pessimist

Hmm. I guess it could be Elizabeth who "sets him free". I've heard that she drowns herself in order to help Will....but honestly if both Will and Liz dies and goes to heaven together, wouldn't it be more of a tradegy?

I know they say a non-happy, bittersweet ending and I begining to wonder what that means excatly??

Btw, why does Will have to die? Not that I like him or care much about what happens to him, bu I don't understand why he dies when he becomes the capt?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:44 PM
LovelyOne

LOL where did you hear she drowns herself? Is that on KTTC?

"bittersweet" has to have a sweet part to add on to the bitter part...so yeah thas a pretty tragic ending for everyone, not bittersweet at all if Liz dies, Will dies and everything is left on Jack because its HIS fault that their wedding was stopped in the first place.

Its BS they wont Kill off Elizabeth because that would mean its all Jack's fault..and Jack would be pretty hated.

In the script I read she does not die. Jack saves her from the pearl and it ends on her in the future in 9 years time.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 03:52 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:45 PM
Alina
Pessimist

Hmm, but isn't the 9 years later end cut from the script?I actually can't remember where I read about Liz's fate, it's getting harder and harder to keep track of all the spoilers/rumours and whatnot on the different forums....

But we did talk about it, remember?? You said that it might sound like she dies but she doesn't.
Also something occurred to me when I saw DMC last time, though I tried not to think of clues and such, but this hit me like a ton of
bricks: I've read several spoilers that suggests that Elizabeth throws herself into the sea and drowns to life a curse....When I saw her wedding dress sink to the bottom of the ocean it struck to me that it must be foreshadowing of Elizabeth's fate, just like the coffin and the open grave were foreshadowing for Jack's death. (and the whole touch of destiny and the knife are foreshadowing for Will stabbing the heart and becoming the capt of TFD)I don't think that the sinking dress is a sign of no wedding. They'll be married by Barbossa.
And if you look at it from the general audiences' POV; there has to be a wedding, simple as that.
I never really considered the possibility that Elizabeth might die, I just assumed that everyone would be alright, not happy, but alright in some way by the end of AWE.
Honestly, it would turn POTC into a tragedy if Elizabeth dies like that, Will ends up as the capt, Jack ends up alone and heartbroken??
I know that there will be a lot of romance in AWE, but this end isn't bittersweet, it's a tragedy. Of course it will be an easy way to get
rid of Will and Elizabeth, so they can continue the Pirate series just with Jack. Maybe Keira don't want to do anymore.
Then they have to do something so the audience will accept that it will be just Jack, next time around.
It think it will be SO unfair if they end it with Elizabeth dying. I'm sure a lot of people won't mind since she has hurt both Will and Jack.
Oh, how bittersweet but fitting; the woman they all love dies so no one can be with her....how dramatic. Maybe she hurls herself into
the ocean to die so she won't have to choose. Gee, it sounds like a Harlequin or Danielle Steel, or whatever it is called.

My understanding of bittersweet is that we are left to imagine the happy ending, imagine that things will be alright. If anyone has seen "Far from Heaven" with Julianne Moore (great film BTW)that is what I see as a bittersweet ending. They can't be together because of the world they live in and if they want to live they have to their separate ways, even though they might be soul mates. It ends with them separating, but we, as an audience, can imagine them meeting later on, imagine them being happy.
I hope that this isn't true, I'm not afraid to admit that I'm wrong
I think I take the Liz being pregnant ending to the other one. It would be more bittersweet that Binky only get to see his kid once every 7th year, that no one can be together like they want to, Jack realizing that is wasn't meant to be and sails away alone.

Done rambling now

Last edited by Alina on Oct 10th, 2006 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:54 PM
LovelyOne

meaning of Bittersweet:

1. Bitter and sweet at the same time: bittersweet chocolate.
2. Producing or expressing a mixture of pain and pleasure: a movie with a bittersweet ending.
3. Dark to deep reddish-orange.

I feel like some chocolate

4. both pleasant and painful or regretful: a bittersweet memory.

5. pleasure mingled with pain or regret: the bittersweet of parting.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:59 PM
Alina
Pessimist

Thanks...hmm, I'm still confused. I think I might stay away from spoilers for awhile to clear my head....who am I kidding???

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:02 PM
LovelyOne

I still think Its Tia who does it. Because of the little thing she said to him in the hut "you want to know me"

that has to mean something.

Also Kate has a source who said Tia is the one who jumps in to save Will

how can Liz drowning herself free Will from the dutchman?

But Calypso casting herself into the sea? Probably could...after I remember someone saying that she is the only one who can stop the curse. She was the one who made Davy Immortal in the first place so he could harvest souls for her or something.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:10 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Yeah, and I appreciate the dark side they're going with POTC, but bittersweet doesn't fit the overall spirit. In spite of all the character development and moving storylines, the overall spirit should be fun. These are movies about pirates, for goodness sakes!
Think of it the same way as the entire Star Wars series. There are some really dark parts, really really dark. Yet they still make them fun, and more importantly, optimistic, so if they kill Will (and I really don't want them to because I think he deserves another chance at life), they need to have something light-hearted, some catharsis going on right after so we will feel we're back into a great adventure movie once again.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:13 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alina
Pessimist

Well, TnT have said that they didn't like the end of "Return of the Jedi" because it was almost the same as in"A new hope" so I doubt they'll do that to their own movie.
Hopefully the bittersweet ending will be a bit like the end of DMC, it was awful when Jack died, but then Barbossa shows up and the music changed into a lighter tune. Maybe they do the same with AWE???

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:20 PM
LovelyOne

I'm sure many people would have hated it if luke and Leia died though lol.

I doubt they will kill off Liz AND Will

this is where someone said about Tia being the one who made the dutchman in the first place so by all logic she is the only one who can stop the curse

"It does, if he offers to take Will`s place. You see, everyone assumes that stabbing the heart automatically makes the stabber a captain. However, Sao Feng tells Liz that Calypso granted immortality to DJ so he could ship the souls to the Locker for her. Therefore, he could rip his heart out without dying because he was already immortal. Now, the way I see the events unfold (this is only a SPECULATION not a spoiler for you lurkers hunting down stuff to pass as spoilers on imdb.com), is Will stabbing the heart which kills DJ leaving Calypso without the captain to ship the souls. Since she`s the one who appoints captains, she may order Will to take DJ`s place or everyone he cares for will suffer her wraith. That`s where Norrington may sacrifice himself by taking Will`s place so that W/E can be happy together, for the sake of Lizzie`s happiness."

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:26 PM
LovelyOne

Movie 3 will not get up to 1 billion if its that kind of ending where Liz and Will die people KNEW Jack was going to come back people thought he was falling for Elizabeth and vise versa...so unless Elizabeth comes back or we see Will have someone with him when he dies only then will it get to 1 billion.

PS I still think its Tia who sacrifices herself in the ocean.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Oct 10th, 2006 at 04:42 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 04:36 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

I Have Never experienced sooo much stresss in my life....but waiting for this movie to come out has done quite a number on me!!! Days need to go by faster otherwise im gonna lose it!! lol!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:13 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

Originally posted by PirateDiva
I Have Never experienced sooo much stresss in my life....but waiting for this movie to come out has done quite a number on me!!! Days need to go by faster otherwise im gonna lose it!! lol!!

PirateDiva
Ill meet you in the therapy thread I feel they same way!!!!
laughing

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 07:24 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote