KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Is there gunna be series 7?

Is there gunna be series 7?
Started by: mrgav1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mrgav1

Sleep Is there gunna be series 7?

Well i heard that when the new network took over they re-signed smallville surely they wouldn't just re-sign them to show the rest of season 6?

I really want to know if there is going to be a series 7 or not, anybody know anything

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 03:14 PM
mrgav1 is currently offline Click here to Send mrgav1 a Private Message Find more posts by mrgav1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

They need to end the show soon. Its getting worse. I loved it in the beginning but it went from being a great show to being more like a soap.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 05:06 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

To me its like they have so much left to show but would rather give us some shite Lana story about her sacrifice for Clark, boo hoo no one cares lets see him fly already, lets see him do his kryptonian training ffs. Seems like their aiming this show more towards 13 year old girls with each passing episode, pricks.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 10:05 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

We wont know for sure until the new schedules are announced in May.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 11:27 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kon-El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Big Sexy
They need to end the show soon. Its getting worse. I loved it in the beginning but it went from being a great show to being more like a soap.

I agree with you its starting to look like soap opera its not what it used to be!!! This thing with Lana is killing the show, people want to see action I want to see action like in first 3 seasons. About the show ending they need to finish it with season 7, I read interview with Alfred Gough and Miles Miller and they said that they are considering season 8. Season 8 would be too much they will lose the audience and the show would be canceled. It would be the best to finish the show while its still popular then never finish it at all because of the cancelation.

"You'll be different, sometimes you will feel like an outcast, but you will never be alone, you will make my strength your own, you will see my life trough your eyes, as your life i will see trough mine. Son becomes a father, a father becomes a son"

Old Post Mar 30th, 2007 12:32 PM
Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrgav1

Well i like the show i have watched every single episode lol, what i have noticed in nearly every episode is lana's sly digs at clarks honesty. she goes on and on,

Fair enough she is canny fit but all that whining would do my head in

I reckon they should definatly finish on 7 they will be lucky if they can push out a season 8

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 12:52 PM
mrgav1 is currently offline Click here to Send mrgav1 a Private Message Find more posts by mrgav1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colombiankilla
Restricted

Account Restricted

ITS DONE SON ITS DONE ITS OVA ITS FINISHED I CANT SEE IT GOING ON NO MORE BECAUSE ITS DONE SON ITS DONE

Wherever there's trouble there's always some fat guy there to help or the Justice League

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 07:05 PM
Colombiankilla is currently offline Click here to Send Colombiankilla a Private Message Find more posts by Colombiankilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colombiankilla
Restricted

Account Restricted

GUESS WHAT EVERYBODY ITS OVER ITS DONE SON ITS STRAIGHT UP OVER

Wherever there's trouble there's always some fat guy there to help or the Justice League

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 07:06 PM
Colombiankilla is currently offline Click here to Send Colombiankilla a Private Message Find more posts by Colombiankilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

I has to end on season7 otherwise it would be them just dragging it out.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2007 09:21 PM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colombiankilla
Restricted

Account Restricted

YEA DRAGGING BECAUSE ITYS OVA SON ITS OVER I MEAN SERIOUSLY ITS OVA COME ON MAN ITS OVA

Old Post Apr 20th, 2007 02:59 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Ganked from TWoP

quote:
Alfred Gough and Miles Millar had already had the occasion to come to Paris for the Jules Verne festival. Unfortunately, they had been unable to take a tour of the French capital when Lana was here during the fourth season. "We had to make these episodes in Vancouver, in the street, which we made as French as possible." Effectively, the result wasn't quite plausible, notably with the appearance of a multitude of French flags and schoolboys with uniforms straight out of the 1930s. Miles Millar confided in us: "When I arrived in Paris, I realised the difference between what we did in the series, and the reality, and I said 'The French are going to crucify me'."

A season 7 with Lex Luthor, for the last time...
But let us return to the essential: will Smallville return to the CW next year? "We are very confident concerning the renewla of the series, but the final word hasn't been given." If season seven is there, the budget should be in all respect identical, and Tom Welling will obviously return since his contract binds him until the eighth season.

Michael Rosenbaum was also present at the Jules Verne Festival; he announced that the seventh season is confirmed to be the last in which he'll play. Can Smallville continue without one of its principle cast members? "The series will be different without Lex, but that won't be a total rupture. There will be other villains to contine the story. We would prefer to continue with Michael, but we understand his choice and respect it. We will make a kind of arrangement so that he returns as a guest star in some episodes." They aren't the only ones who'll have to do without Lex Luthot since, according to them, the next Superman film is being made without Lex.

The eighth season will be the last.
The two creators of the series assure us in any case that the last episode is close: "The eighth season will definitely be the last, but everything depends on the audiences and if season seven does well."

They know even the last scene of the series. "We have always had an idea of the last scene in a corner of our mind. We have constructed it in advance thoughout the series through some outstanding facts. For example, we know pertinantly that at the end of his schooling Clark discovered the Fortress of Solitude". However, they haven't given any more details about this scene, if we should expect to see Clark in the Superman suit.

Superman Returns wouldn't have seen the light if not for Smallville.
During its last few seasons, Smallville has brought in a lot of new characters from American comics. In its sixth season, notably we saw the arrival of Green Arrow, who won't be present anymore in season seven, according to the directors: "Justin Hartley, who played the Green Arrow, is engaged in a pilot, so he can't return in the series". However, season seven will confirm the present of Jimmy in the same manner as Lois Lan, who was originally only going to be in one season but remained ever since.

Smallville has prifited from the beachcombing of adaptations in the cinema, but it has also encouraged them, which sometimes prevents the producers from exploiting certain characters: "Even if we loved the ides of the character of Wonder in the series, we can't have her because of the film being made".

Also, the series made it possible to put Superman comics in the spotlight: "I didn't think that the film Superman Returns could have been realised without the success of Smallville. At the epoc, everyone used to think that Superman was uninteresting. We have always said that one could do what one wanted." The producers don't his that the film was not the result of their waiting: "Si we had made the Superman film, we would have wanted to do it from a different angle. The film is an ode to the Christopher Reeve films. For example, the Fortress of Solitude in Superman Returns is the same as in the Reev films. We wouldn't have gone forward with that. We would have innovated more and made Lex Luthor (played by Kevin Spacey in the film) a more serious character". Nevertheless, they were able to assist in the making of the film: "We are friends with Bryan Singer (the realiser of Superman Returns) and we went to see the making of the film in Australia. We asked Bryan Singer what he thought of season five of Smallville".

Chloe has entered the Superman mythology.
The creators of the series each have their favourite characters in the series. Miles Millar particularly likes Lionel Luthor, "a supervillaine and a fantastic actor. He is intriguing, one never knows what he is thinking". Chloe is the favourite of Alfred Gough because "she has entered into the Superman mythology thanks to the series. Moreover, she has an undeniable comical dimension".

Chloe forms, with Lane [sic; I think this was supposed to be Lana] and Clark, according to the producers, "a triangle that gives the energy to the series, at the centre of the Smallville mythology". The classic love triangle, (one thinks obviously of Dawson/Pacey/Joey in Dawson's Creek) has in any case not only given the series success and also permitted its debut on The WB, but found its light with The CW: "The target demographic of The CW, adolesents, permitted the triangle that comprises the three protagonists to recover its importance".

In effect, the series has seen its audience packed over the years, but since the arrival of The CW network, born in Spetember after the fusion of The WB and UPN, the series has seen its audience focus itself more on the young women as at its beginnings. Nevertheless, the arrival of a new network hasn't changed the big things according to the producers: "The series is aired at the same time and the same day, we work with the same people and plus, The CW always lets us be for the moment, the audiences are satisfied."

The CW has buried Aquaman
The CW has in any case stopped the production of the Smallville spin-off, centred around the character of Aquaman, initially planned for entry last on The WB. "If we had remained with The WB, it would have been made. But The CW didn't want it at all, notably because it didn't correspond with their target audience: young adolescents. In a certain way, they didn't think much of the project and decided to renew [Seventh Heaven?] in its place". The pilot had however convinced the numerous internet-users who had seen it via iTunes in the US."

"The CW continues to look for its identity. There isn't one in its programming, with very different programmes each night", notes Alfred Gough. The channell should anyway renew its confidence in Smallville during the Upfronts, the period during which each of the big networks announce their schedule for the next re-entry. Perhaps the channel will find itself with the change in Smallville.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2007 06:30 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Sweet

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 12:49 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by Magee
To me its like they have so much left to show but would rather give us some shite Lana story about her sacrifice for Clark, boo hoo no one cares lets see him fly already, lets see him do his kryptonian training ffs. Seems like their aiming this show more towards 13 year old girls with each passing episode, pricks.
Agreed.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2007 01:28 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mrgav1

I care but i cant be botherd to read all that lol anyone fancy giving mne the gist please lol?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 08:58 AM
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

What they still need to do is Conduit, he is the only meteor freak from the mainstream Superman comics.

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 02:04 AM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Big Sexy

I agree with you. Smallville was once good. I've heard that Allison Mack might be leaving. Smallville is returning next year, but after that Michael Rosenbaum is out the door.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 06:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

What else does Michael Rosenbaum have to do really?

He better keep this job while he still has one.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 10:06 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote