KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Plagueis the Wise

Darth Plagueis the Wise
Started by: Lt. Valerian

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Darth Plagueis the Wise

Your opinions on this character? I personally believe he is a very interesting character, and I would definitely like to know more about him.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 01:56 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Poor guy. His life was a tragedy ultimately. He was so powerful and so wise, he could influence the midichlorians to create... life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about... from dying. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then, his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself.

I hope that helped, I heard it from a never-before-seen screening of The Phantom Menace. It's all there really is on Plagueis, besides Wookiepedia.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Maliko
Jedi Knight

I agree Lieutenant. He would be a very interesting character to learn about indeed.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 02:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Maliko a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Maliko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tangible God
Poor guy. His life was a tragedy ultimately. He was so powerful and so wise, he could influence the midichlorians to create... life. He had such a knowledge of the Dark Side, he could even keep the ones he cared about... from dying. He became so powerful, the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew. Then, his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic, he could save others from death, but not himself.

I hope that helped, I heard it from a never-before-seen screening of The Phantom Menace. It's all there really is on Plagueis, besides Wookiepedia.

Yeah, It's unfortunate that we know so very little about him. I mean, after all, he was Sidious' master, who wouldn't like to know more about him?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 03:27 AM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Actually, a lot of things occurred in the Prequels that were not explained well. I guess we have to call them mysteries.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 11:01 AM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atticus

do you think his influence over midicholrians had anything to do with his and sidious's power levels?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Atticus a Private Message Find more posts by Atticus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by Atticus
do you think his influence over midicholrians had anything to do with his and sidious's power levels?

I am not sure. It is very possible. Also, we are assuming he could even do what Palpatine said he could. It is possible Palpatine made up the part of the story to create live my manipulating midiclorians just to pull Anakin into his rule.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 07:06 PM
Click here to Send sweersa a Private Message Find more posts by sweersa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Poor guy. His life was a tragedy ultimately.

You miss the part where he is a Sith Lord?

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 07:13 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by exanda kane
A what Lord?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 07:36 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tauros

dart plague ar te best shit lord ever

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 07:59 PM
Click here to Send tauros a Private Message Find more posts by tauros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

He must have been pretty powerful. Actually, there are some people who believe Anakin Skywalker was his deed.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 08:04 PM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You mean dad? Yeah, everyone suspects that. So much so that when asked about it, Lucas refused to state anything.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 09:20 PM
Gambler
Galaxy's most wanted

Originally posted by exanda kane

exanda kane, what movie is your signature pic from?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 09:49 PM
Click here to Send Gambler a Private Message Find more posts by Gambler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Then he's not... right?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 09:50 PM
sweersa

You mean dad? Yeah, everyone suspects that. So much so that when asked about it, Lucas refused to state anything.

Deed is correct. Anakin can't be his dad. He means deed by he made Anakin! :-)

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 10:19 PM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Gambler
exanda kane, what movie is your signature pic from?

Zulu.

A what Lord?

'Sis Mufassa in the Lion King. Don't worry, you're too young.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 10:26 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Scythe
Wheres my grape drink?

Didn't Del Rey scrap his book that was in the works?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:33 AM
Click here to Send Darth Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by Darth Scythe
Didn't Del Rey scrap his book that was in the works?

Yup and I believe that book was replaced with Darth Bane: Rule of Two.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 12:50 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sweersa

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Yup and I believe that book was replaced with Darth Bane: Rule of Two.

Yes, I remember that. Rule of Two was an amazing book. Almost as good as Path of Destruction IMO.

A Darth Plagueus book would be awesome.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 01:08 AM
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by sweersa
A Darth Plagueus book would be awesome.

Personally he is one of the few characters that I want to remain a mystery.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote