KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Sequels that just have to be made

Sequels that just have to be made
Started by: Pulse2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Pulse2
Feel the ripple

Sequels that just have to be made

Was thinking about a few games I've enjoyed in the past, and how they would look awesome now if ever brought back.

A few ones I would love to see relive another day would be:

- Rollcage - Had 1 and 2, but 3 skipped the PS2 and XP gen sad Vanished, has to come back, it was an awesome racing game.

- Wipeout - Far from dead, and I did some research and discovered there is a sequel coming soon, goodie ^^

- Alundra - Best and most time consuming puzzle game ever, plot was superb as well, I would love to see a number 3, pretending number 2 never happened.

- Future Cop -Had lots of good memories playing mates in this game, would like to see this reborn smile

- Exhumed - Probably one of the most original FPS games I have ever played, most FPS are alien, nazi or zombie based, this game took place in egypt, and you search out Rameses body, but also learn about tombs and other things along the way.

- Timesplitters - If there is not a sequel to this, I will be extremely annoyed, thats all I have to say about this.

- Populous - Funny strategy (tribe) game and also very addictive.

- Diablo - I dunno how they expect this game to come out and stand even a peek of a chance next to WOW, personally I think WOW's gameplay was taken from Diablo, I never recall some older WOWs playing like that sad Now I dunno what to expect from Diablo, but hope it has a sequel anyway. They've had Diablo fans waiting too long now with promises for ages of a 3rd game.

Theres quite a few others, I'll add them on as the convo goes on.

What games would you like to see relive another day in the new gaming gen?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:56 AM
Pulse2 is currently offline Click here to Send Pulse2 a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Since the other 2 movie probably arent going to happen, I think they should do more Chronicles of Riddick games.

And this is just a dream, but a new Wii sequel to Zombies Ate My Neighbors would be cool, an original game, not a VC game.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:00 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

all of the above, plus legacy of kain..they have to finish the damn story...i would die a happy man if i were to see the pillers restored..

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:04 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pulse2
Feel the ripple

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MadMel
all of the above, plus legacy of kain..they have to finish the damn story...i would die a happy man if i were to see the pillers restored..
They didn't finish the plot :O -_- Hmm, they weren't the only ones, I know a few other games that had cliff hangers that were meant to be continued in sequels the companies promised, but never saw another day. Pathetic really, and veryy annoying.

Omega Boost was okay---ish on PS1, but lacked depth and excitement. However, after seeing what could be done with Warhawk and Zone of the Enders, it would be daft not to see this relive another day smile

Id like to see "ico" again, weird game, but was original and fun as well as Abe, one of my most favourite games ever, will never forget this game, and how crap it became when it jump shifted to the Xbox, nothing against Xbox, its just this and Dino Crisis another game I loved became crap when they went over to Xbox -_- Saying that, all this RE is annoying me, give us a Dino Crisis 4 already Capcom! Devil may cry is great, but if 360 is getting lost planet and dead rising exclusivly, the least they could do is give PS3 owners Devil may cry and Dino Crisis exclusivly and RE can be multiplat.

Very annoyed at the dissappearance of Dino Crisis -_-

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 04:20 AM
Pulse2 is currently offline Click here to Send Pulse2 a Private Message Find more posts by Pulse2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LincolnDark
Sei, sei, sei...

Starcraft

Sig by: amity75

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:28 AM
LincolnDark is currently offline Click here to Send LincolnDark a Private Message Find more posts by LincolnDark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Pulse2
They didn't finish the plot :O -_- Hmm, they weren't the only ones, I know a few other games that had cliff hangers that were meant to be continued in sequels the companies promised, but never saw another day. Pathetic really, and veryy annoying.

It is annoying, but you have to admit if the games arent selling well, why would they make another sequel and lose tons of cash.

For sequels though, ummm, I want an expansion pack for Company of Heroes.

I cant really think of games that need sequels.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 06:32 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

no its not about sales
one of the important voice actors died, so they "cant" finish the series

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 08:27 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Beyond Good & Evil needs its sequel. The ending sets it up to move fluidly into the next game. Good news is I believe Ubisoft has promised a sequel on at least one of the next-gen systems.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 09:00 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

thatd be nice..

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 09:20 AM
Pulse2
Feel the ripple

Originally posted by Smasandian
It is annoying, but you have to admit if the games arent selling well, why would they make another sequel and lose tons of cash.

For sequels though, ummm, I want an expansion pack for Company of Heroes.

I cant really think of games that need sequels.
Theres a reason why they failed in the first place, but if they are remade and made with much more attention and detail, instead of just throwing in a crap sequel all the time, I have no idea why the sequel can't sell well, and if not better then the original, I can already think of several ways Rollcage for an example could be remade and even more awesome then ever on today's technology.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 09:51 AM
LanceWindu

- Diablo - I dunno how they expect this game to come out and stand even a peek of a chance next to WOW, personally I think WOW's gameplay was taken from Diablo, I never recall some older WOWs playing like that sad Now I dunno what to expect from Diablo, but hope it has a sequel anyway. They've had Diablo fans waiting too long now with promises for ages of a 3rd game.

I heard that Diablo 3 is being made...it was scrapped a few years ago, but Blizzard is taking over. It will take place in Heaven which is being taken over by Hell or something like that. At least this is what I heard from my buddy Tim who is an uber gaming nerd.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 10:43 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

actually, if the rumors are true and it IS bring made, it is suposed to be set in the great war that took place before diablo 1
that means you could pick either side...
if only the rumors are true sad

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 10:48 AM
LanceWindu

actually, if the rumors are true and it IS bring made, it is suposed to be set in the great war that took place before diablo 1
that means you could pick either side...
if only the rumors are true sad

*shrug* I only have hearsay, but maybe that's what my friend was trying to get at when he was telling me this.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 10:49 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

yea maybe laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 10:51 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Populous games have effectively lived on in Black and White.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 12:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

no its not about sales
one of the important voice actors died, so they "cant" finish the series

Very very easy to replace a voice actor.

I'd say it's more due to the sales of the original.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 02:17 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

Gears of War needs a sequel, the ending was awesome, and left a huge openning for a Gears of War 2.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:15 PM
General G is currently offline Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

dawn of war

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 03:45 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Theres a reason why they failed in the first place, but if they are remade and made with much more attention and detail, instead of just throwing in a crap sequel all the time, I have no idea why the sequel can't sell well, and if not better then the original, I can already think of several ways Rollcage for an example could be remade and even more awesome then ever on today's technology.

Nah, sorry, but how many times have I seen an great game not sell well, while a game that sucks sell bazillion of units.

If the original game didnt sell peanuts then well, unless the game has some sort of cult status, or very very good reviews, then its not going to be made into a sequel unless its cost effective.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 05:13 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

thats what happened to LOOM..
best game of its time (trust me, monkey island doesnt come close)
but the 2 sequals were never made to to poor sales...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 12:05 AM