KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Any old school players here?

Any old school players here?
Started by: NESJohnny

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NESJohnny
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any old school players here?

I'm an old school collector and gamer--wondered if anyone here was into that too! I see posts for Fallout 3 and stuff and haha, I just don't even know what you're talkin' about.

Currently playing Mega Man 3, Castlevania Bloodlines, M.U.L.E., Castlevania II Belmont's Revenge and Maniac Mansion.

I have about 200 old school games, most of them NES and Genesis, though I dig the SNES and GBA a lot too.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:01 PM
NESJohnny is currently offline Click here to Send NESJohnny a Private Message Find more posts by NESJohnny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

When did "Old School" end?

Anyways, I am currently playing Half Life.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:17 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

"Old school" has never died and has never ended...i still play the old games today...and i recently brought Megaman 9 and Contra 4. which are a great example of modern "old school" gaming.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:26 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NESJohnny
Restricted

Account Restricted

haha old-school is different for everyone. I guess my cutoff is N64/PS1 but it's all great stuff. Love Half Life.

I don't have MM9 but I do have Contra 4, it's pretty cool. I love that you can unlock the NES classics (well, the good ones anyway)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:28 PM
NESJohnny is currently offline Click here to Send NESJohnny a Private Message Find more posts by NESJohnny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I remember playing Megaman II on the NES, good times.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:31 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
4RX
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Any old school players here?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NESJohnny
I'm an old school collector and gamer--wondered if anyone here was into that too!
Neo Darkhalen is your best friend, I'm telling you.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:38 PM
4RX is currently offline Click here to Send 4RX a Private Message Find more posts by 4RX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I still have every system I've ever owned, myself. Don't play the older ones too much anymore, mostly because I just don't have room to do anything but keep them packed away.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 11:39 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I still play Resident Evil 4 for PS2.
Dunno if you call that retro though.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 03:10 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I still play Resident Evil 4 for PS2.
Dunno if you call that retro though.

...No, you don't.

I would say retro, for now, ends with the SNES/Sega era.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 03:13 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Anyone here play Super Mario RPG?

That was a great "oldschool" game.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 03:17 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Yes, that was a great game. It would be nice if it was ported to the Nintendo DS.

Back at home, I still have my SNES, Sega Genesis, Gameboy, and Gameboy color somewhere in my closet with a few games.

I don't ever throw away my gaming systems.

Last edited by Black Yoshi on Oct 30th, 2008 at 03:30 AM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 03:27 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise

I don't ever throw away my gaming systems.

no expression

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 12:11 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i took out one of my 4 snes's and booted it up the other day so i could have a blast on pilot wings, mariokart, UN squadron and of course...a link to the past

regularly get out my megadrive and play the "strike" games...desert strike, jungle strike and to a lesser extent, urban strike.

occasionally take out the master system for a blast of alex kidd (miracle world and shinobi world) and wonderboy 3...basketball nightmare, california games, altered beast,

also playing on various old consoles

micro machines
populus
psycho fox
road rash
r-type
rampage
sensible soccer
leader board
zool
canon fodder
cool spot
F-zero
king of fighters
final fight
operation wolf
starfox
pit fighter

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 12:35 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Old school gamer here. I started video gaming since the atari 2600 when i was a kid, like at 6 or 7 yrs old, even though it came out the year i was born..

Current old school games that i play now?, um too many to mention. I don't play 'em everyday but i turn 'em on every once whenever i feel nostalgic.

My friend downloaded and burned onto my PC hard drive like every NES and SNES game there ever was, including each games version, for me. And i also got like 50 N64 games, but that's it. I use regular control pads too. The logitech ones, meaning. They look like ps2 or 3 controllers.

But the games i always seem to play alot are:

Super mario bros., 2,3 World, 64
Contra
Double Dragon 1,2
Turok
mega man 2
Act Raiser 1 and 2, (this one especially, and love the music in it too)
Battletoads
and
Street Fighter II: Championship Edition (Sagat all the way)

Fun stuff especially while playing it on a sony bravia plasma in dolby surround sound. But then after about an hour i'd eagerly go back to the future and pop in a game like "Crysis"..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 01:37 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Some that I play:
Pilotwings
Starfox
Splatterhouse
Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario World
Super Mario All-Stars
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures
Sometimes Lawnmower Man
Stargate

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 05:51 PM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Anyone here play Super Mario RPG?

That was a great "oldschool" game.

I'm playing through that now, along with Donkey Country 3 and Earth Worm Jim.

Ofcourse I am also playing Fallout 3 and Fable 2.

Originally posted by Davehead
Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage

Very fun game, just wish it had a save system. I need to find myself a new copy of that... stupidly sold it when I was younger.

Last edited by Mandrag Ganon on Oct 30th, 2008 at 06:48 PM

Old Post Oct 30th, 2008 06:46 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

I'm an old school player. I not only like to play old school fighting games from the 90s, but I also still play some NES games. Luckily, I got some of those games downloaded to play on my Wii, as I miss playing them back when I had my NES and SNES systems.

I play games like:

Street Fighter 2 (all versions)
Mortal Kombat 1,2,3
World Heroes (got the collection. Ha!)
Super Mario 1, 3,
Super Mario World
Super Mario RPG
Mario Kart 64
Mega Man
Zelda
Donkey Kong Country
Sonic
Final Fight
Streets of Rage

I even still got my N64 and Dreamcast.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 02:01 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've still got my Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Genesis and tons of games for each.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 03:14 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I still play the old Pokemon games.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 04:54 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

If Retro is for the Snes/Sega Era and further back

Just wondering, If you play the old games on the compilations (Capcom Classics Collections, Midway Arcade Treasures etc) for the PS2 and whatever else that has them are they still Retro ?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 09:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote