KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Resident Evil 5 vs Resident Evil 4

Which is the better RE?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Resident Evil 4 7 70.00%
Resident Evil 5 3 30.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Resident Evil 5 vs Resident Evil 4
Started by: Ultimate Wil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Resident Evil 5 vs Resident Evil 4

Out of the newest RE games, which is better?

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:13 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Haven't played RE5 yet, but from what my friends have told me is that RE4 > RE5

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:30 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Well yeah, I beat both, and I have to say I enjoyed RE4 more than RE5.

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:35 PM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Darn it you beat me to it. I was thinking about making a RE4vsRE5 thread.

Anyways, I find both games to be equally fun.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

4 Scrapes past 5 just about.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 09:48 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sorgo XIII
Restricted

Account Restricted

4 is an inferior game.

Someone once taught me that the world only makes sense when you force it to.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 01:09 AM
Sorgo XIII is currently offline Click here to Send Sorgo XIII a Private Message Find more posts by Sorgo XIII Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

5 is better IMO.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 01:14 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
5 is better IMO.

Originally posted by Genesis
4 is an inferior game.

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
4 Scrapes past 5 just about.

All very compelling arguments rolling on floor laughing

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 01:16 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

It's really a tough call. Leon's a better leading man, Sheva's a better partner, 4's a better story, Wesker's a better big bad...

One thing I really missed was the volume of QTEs in 4. Those were actually well-done, and kept you on your toes during the cutscenes. The only time 5 felt like it reached that same level was the short run in the underground temple, on the tanker in 6-2, and the in-between phase with Wesker.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 03:03 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

I like them both, but i will say at the beggining 4 was actually a little scary/creepy at times (that damn chanting creeped me out). While 5 never was

Props to Scythe for the sig

Last edited by Lek Kuen on Mar 25th, 2009 at 03:23 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 03:21 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

In RE5, you can finally kick Wesker's ass. You have no idea how long fans have been waiting to get that guy.

In RE4, Ashley was a real pain. She couldn't fight back and she keeps getting grabbed by enemies and gets taken away. Now in RE5, your partner can fight alongside with you (if you can get over the fact that she shoots your ass for a few times through each level) so RE5 wins best partner.

Better cast of villains I will have to give to RE4 because Krauzer and the Big Cheese were awesome. Excellia I don't call an awesome villain because it isn't the first time I've seen a woman that had a lust for power and gets incredibly annoying.

The inventory I'm obviously giving to RE4. Why Capcom didn't move that to RE5 is beyond me.

Most attarctive women I'm giving to RE4 because Ada in that red dress is one of the many reasons people buy the game.

Best weapons. Again, RE4.

Best story plot I'm giving to RE4.
Presidents daughter kidnapped > Trouble in Africa

Best boss battles I'm going to give this a tie.

Best enemy AI. Again, tie.

Best main character. Chris wished he was as awesome as Leon.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 03:25 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

RE4 retained some spooky elements from it's predecessor.
The zombified enemies in RE4 looked freakier, the pale white look and the continuous chanting just added to that effect.

RE5 wasn't scary at all. I did like the idea of having a partner that can actually fight, but Ashley being unable to fight gave you a tougher time to battle your way out of the game, which I like.
The more difficult the game is, the more thrilling the game becomes.
At least for me, because I like difficult games. RE4 was more challenging, and I prefer it more than RE5.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Mar 25th, 2009 at 03:50 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 03:46 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

How Capcom didn't make part 5 as awesome as 4 is an incredible mystery. I'm not saying RE5 sucks, it's just that it doesn't live up the hype as RE4.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 03:54 AM
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Nemesis X
How Capcom didn't make part 5 as awesome as 4 is an incredible mystery. I'm not saying RE5 sucks, it's just that it doesn't live up the hype as RE4.
actually its really simple they wetn for a more action game absed experiance instead of survival horror

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 04:12 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by jalek moye
actually its really simple they wetn for a more action game absed experiance instead of survival horror

That would explain this game's near downfall. I now fear what will happen to Resident Evil 6.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 04:48 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
That would explain this game's near downfall. I now fear what will happen to Resident Evil 6.

What downfall? It's a critically acclaimed game that's a ton of fun to play and it selling well. Sounds like a success to me.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 04:58 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by General Kaliero
What downfall? It's a critically acclaimed game that's a ton of fun to play and it selling well. Sounds like a success to me.

I actually find the series does well with a more action based stance, it was more fun to me then 4 but 4 was more compelling

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 05:13 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by jalek moye
I actually find the series does well with a more action based stance, it was more fun to me then 4 but 4 was more compelling

4 was better at telling its story, with a more entertaining main character, is pretty much it.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 05:34 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

4 is the better simply because it's more consistent. RE5 was great before the enemies got guns and it implemented some dinky cover system and started playing like a 3rd rate Gears of War clone.

In the end 5 came across like it didn't know what it really wanted to be. And that's too bad, had they just kept it going as it was for the first 2/3rds it would have been much better.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 05:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

RE5 got me to play a Resident Evil game for the first time since the very first game, so I have to give it that, at least...stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 05:43 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote