KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Started by: Wil7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

I thought Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay was awesome, but now I am dieing for the next one, Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena. The first half of the game is a revamped Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, and the second half is the Assault on Dark Athena. You will be on a ship, and the game will be twice as big as it was before.

Who else is waiting for this? Why will it be great?

Starlock Rocks at Making Sigs...Judas Priest is Back!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 12:34 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It depends on how good they retool the first game, and how long and good the second half of the game is.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 12:52 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Will this game be an exclusive or multiplatform? Also, what's the release date for this game?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 01:16 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Will this game be an exclusive or multiplatform? Also, what's the release date for this game?

PS3 smile , and Xbox360. I think it is going to release February, or March of next year.

Originally posted by Smasandian
It depends on how good they retool the first game, and how long and good the second half of the game is.

The entire Butcher Bay part, and then the Dark Athena part. Believe me, if you liked the Butcher Bay part, you probably will like the Dark Athena part.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 03:50 AM
Ultimate Wil is currently offline Click here to Send Ultimate Wil a Private Message Find more posts by Ultimate Wil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well I'll see when the game comes out. I'm going to buy it again just for 3-4 hours more gameplay and it being retooled.

I liked the game, but I didn't like that much.

I kinda of wish the developing firm did something different because they are pretty talented.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 04:33 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Well I'll see when the game comes out. I'm going to buy it again just for 3-4 hours more gameplay and it being retooled.

I liked the game, but I didn't like that much.

I kinda of wish the developing firm did something different because they are pretty talented.

I already told you that it will come out February or March of next year. Double the time of the 1st Riddick, and that will be the 2nd.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 03:20 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont really care when it comes out.

"Well, I'll see when the game comes out" means I will see if I want to buy it or not.

Are you positive the gameplay length of the second game is equal to the original game. Any proof?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 08:03 PM
jinXed by JaNx

I loved Butcher Bay so, yeah, i'm curious to see how this one turns out.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 09:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Butcher Bay was awesome. The best movie franchise game. I remember when I rented it and watched the graphics. They totally ruined Halo 2 for me, eventhough H2 looked good.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 10:03 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

I dont really care when it comes out.

"Well, I'll see when the game comes out" means I will see if I want to buy it or not.

Are you positive the gameplay length of the second game is equal to the original game. Any proof?

Sorry.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/934/934847p1.html

Old Post Dec 4th, 2008 10:57 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

20 hours isn't bad at all.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 12:59 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Beat ya. smile

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ck+forumid%3A66

But I am psyched about this game, I loved the original. big grin

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 01:14 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

That was such a long time ago dude. It is all about the now. And we know more now then we did back then.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 03:10 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I just dont understand why they are remaking, or retooling the first one.

Put that effort into a new game.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 03:40 AM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

It is like the Orange box. It is the first part, and then a second part. If you don't understand this, then you obviously didn't understand the Orange box.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 03:18 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Wil7
It is like the Orange box. It is the first part, and then a second part. If you don't understand this, then you obviously didn't understand the Orange box.

It has nothing to do with the Orange Box. Orange Box was all about TF2, Episode 2 and Portal. They decided to add Half Life 2 and Episode 1 for people who didn't buy it already, if you bought it already, you can give away your free copy of the game. They didn't touch anything about Half Life 2 and Episode 1.

This game is a retooling of a game that was released a couple of years ago. In fact, if the game was not in publishing limbo, it would of only been a remake of the first game because they couldn't emulate it for the 360. Originally, it was suppose to be a remake of the game, but because of the shit that went with merger of Activision and Blizzard, it didn't have a publisher. Because of that, they decided to create another part of the story.

So in essence, its a sequel, but instead of spending a year or two making a remake of game that wasnt needed, they could of spent their ability to make a completely new game. I rather have that instead of 8 month new campaign.

On the otherhand, Orange Box is not the same. It's a compilation of games. Valve spend all their time creating Portal, TF2 and Ep2 and didn't touch HL2 and Ep2. They added those because of the fans. So no, I understand what the developer did and I understand what Valve did. They not remotely the same at all.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2008 06:31 PM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

You obviously didn't read this: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/934/934847p1.html
This is done by IGN, and they say it is there own version of the Orange Box.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2008 10:45 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, their wrong. It's not like the Orange Box at all.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 01:09 AM
Ultimate Wil
Faster than a bullet

Well, their wrong. It's not like the Orange Box at all.

The people who created the game are wrong about there own game, laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 04:53 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

No, their not wrong about their own game, they're wrong about the Orange Box.

Again, the Orange Box was sold because of three completely new games. They added HL2 and Episode 1 as a bonus for the fans who wanted to try the first two in the series.

This is different. They remade the game (or just added more graphics and a few game play enhancements) and retailed it as a new game. Because of the shit that happened with the Activision merger, they decided to add a new 10 hour campaign to it. If it was like Orange Box, this would included that new 10 campaign (which started in May, or June so who knows if its good or not), the original game (without out being remade) and 2 other new games.

All I'm saying is that I wish they decided to leave the original alone (which had no problems with it) and make a completely new game from scratch. There was no reason to remake it all and it was kinda of lame to expect people to buy the game when it was only released a few years ago and had no major problems with it. Luckily, we get another campaign from it, but who knows how good it will turn it with the very short time it was in develop.

The only reason Orange Box was Orange Box was because Valve had 3 completely different games and a compilation sounded like a good way of marketing it but the basis of the Orange Box was Ep2, TF2 and Portal. This game though, the remade game is the basis of it.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 07:34 PM