KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars: The Old Republic

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Started by: Lord Knightfa11

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Since this is no longer known as "mystery mmo by bioware omg lulz can't wait!!11one" and there is an actual site for it, I am creating a thread for it.

The Game is supposed to take place three hundred years after Knights of The Old Republic, and three thousand five hundred years before the movies. It looks good, but it looks sucky as there will probably not be any appearance of Revan or the exile.

Here is the website.

Removed.

Here it is for real if you clicked the first one.

http://www.swtor.com/

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Last edited by REXXXX on Nov 7th, 2008 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

dude this is old news......

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 10:46 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

indeed but there is no thread for it.

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2008 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Moriarty a Private Message Find more posts by Moriarty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhh! I GOT RICK-ROLLED!!!!!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 09:31 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You continue to earn my ire, Knightfa11...

This game has more promise that Galaxies due to its setting; people going straight for Jedi or Sith are no longer going to be paradoxical freaks because it is a time period in which there are hundreds of Jedi and Sith, rather than the Galactic Empire era when they are extinct/only two.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 12:43 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting that they would do this seeing as how almost every major source says that the sith disappeared after the Exile defeated Kreia, up until Darth Ruin almost 2,000 years later. Looks like another retcon. But Holy shit. Apparently this brings in the "True Sith". Amazing. It really is a continuation of the first two.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 04:39 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xxxpoppunker182

I have never herd anything about the sith disappearing after kotor2 what sources are you referring to?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 07:37 PM
Click here to Send xxxpoppunker182 a Private Message Find more posts by xxxpoppunker182 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
I have never herd anything about the sith disappearing after kotor2 what sources are you referring to?

I was wrong. What this game does is completely make up shit ignoring previous canon. According to the site, as the republican chased down the sith after the GH War, the last emperor of the sith (since when did they have emperors) took other sith with him and disappeared into the unknown regions, where they became the true sith. However, the True Sith have existed for tens of thousands of years according to Kreia. This storyline would make more sense I suppose seeing as how you're not going to exist for tens of thousands of years planning to strike the republic. The problems come in when they say this "emperor" has found techniques that prolonged his life for 1500+ years, making him what, extremely powerful. The whole storyline looks to be the best thing I've seen in the SW universe thus far, if we ignore all the previous sources. If we don't, this is a shit mess that's going to cause lots of problems for all of the sources written before.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Dr McBeefington a Private Message Find more posts by Dr McBeefington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

quote:
The whole storyline looks to be the best thing I've seen in the SW universe thus far, if we ignore all the previous sources.

That's a whole lot of faith in something we know so little about.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 09:24 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moriarty
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX
You continue to earn my ire, Knightfa11...
so you were rick roll't? Happy Dance

As for the series I think what they mean by the "emperor of the sith" is revan who disappeared, taking sith with him where he found/joined/became heirs of the true sith? Is this what they could mean?

YER LATEFER TEA!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 09:33 PM
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Faunus
That's a whole lot of faith in something we know so little about.

Judging by what I've read thus far Faunus.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2008 09:46 PM
PlayerHater117

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

The Game is supposed to take place three hundred years after Knights of The Old Republic, and three thousand five hundred years before the movies.

I'm not sure that's right. I am replying like a year after you posted this (so there was no way for you to know) but during E3 09 they released a trailer for swtor, and I thought Malak was in it. It might be BEFORE Kotor 1.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 03:16 PM
Click here to Send PlayerHater117 a Private Message Find more posts by PlayerHater117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PlayerHater117

Wtf? why does it say I posted the reply on Nov. 7th 2008? It's clearly July, 5, 2009. I'm new. I think my computers screwby. Just ignore the part about beuing a year later. Just focus on the malak E3 09.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 03:18 PM
Click here to Send PlayerHater117 a Private Message Find more posts by PlayerHater117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Don't worry, your computer isn't screwy its just that the time and date of the post come up below your post, not above it. Also, I'm fairly certain the new Dark Lord of the Sith isn't Malak, its just some new guy posing as Naga Sadow, the guy with the tomb in Kotor.

Also, welcome.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2009 04:37 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Nah, the guy in the trailer is just Lord Angral.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 12:53 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually it's not lord angral.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 01:12 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Well I know he led the attack on Coruscant. So it is natural to assume he also led the attack on the Jedi Temple.

Besides, if he loses the breath thingy in the trailer, he looks the same as the Lord Angral in the webcomics.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 01:25 PM
Click here to Send Slash_KMC a Private Message Find more posts by Slash_KMC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr McBeefington
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Well I know he led the attack on Coruscant. So it is natural to assume he also led the attack on the Jedi Temple.

Besides, if he loses the breath thingy in the trailer, he looks the same as the Lord Angral in the webcomics.

The sith lord in the trailer looks nothing like Angral. He doesn't have a prosthetic eye. Or maybe this is more contradiction from the writers of the game.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 01:28 PM
Slash_KMC
Retired Helper

Yep, you're right, it isn't Angral.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 01:31 PM
ares834

All I know is the new Sith looks pretty bad ass.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2009 02:58 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote