KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Which type of gamer are you?

Which type of gamer are you?
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Which type of gamer are you?

Which category do you fall in? Inb4pro.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/...60999111354.jpg

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 05:53 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I love the fact that grrl gamer is the most hated-upon in the bracket there because of her place on the respective axises (Skill and Faggotry). Surely there's more despicable groups on there.

I suppose, if any, I have parts Rec Gamer and WoWfag in me. I don't have as much time play as I used to, and do play WoW fairly regularly. Not to the exclusion of my 360, but it certainly cuts down on my gaming. And I'd like to think I'm more versed in video gaming in general than either category, and certainly was a console generation or two ago. Back on maybe the N64 I'd call myself a Pro Gamer. Pretty good without taking it seriously, and just good enough to challenge those who took certain games much more seriously. Anymore, not so much though.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 10th, 2010 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 06:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Elitist.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 06:11 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
I love the fact that grrl gamer is the most hated-upon in the bracket there because of her place on the respective axises (Skill and Faggotry). Surely there's more despicable groups on there.

That was my first reaction as well...

Anyhow, I'm not really sure which category I would fit under. Maybe one of the three on the bottom-right side. I dunno. This is pretty degrading either way.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 06:16 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Good Thread thumb up

Going by that list - 'PRO GAMER' has me down to a tee.

27, have all consoles and a nice PC, Plays everything (for example, i started a new Mass effect playthrough especially for the release of ME2, Just clocked Bayonetta and starting in a harder difficulty, and vigourously play MW2 min 4 hours a day.) And i hate Sports games (Madden/fifa/pro'evo.

Although...i do shout "BOOM" when i land a cracker of shot when i snipe. So maybe 80% 'Pro Gamer' and 20% 'Ass Clown' hybrid.

Last edited by Juk3n on Jan 10th, 2010 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 06:35 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

60% piratefag
30% WoWfag
5% assclown
5% elitist

EDIT: By the way, that picture is awesome. Where'd you get it from?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 07:23 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AverageSavage

Elitist reporting in

Thanks Starlock

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 07:23 PM
AverageSavage is currently offline Click here to Send AverageSavage a Private Message Find more posts by AverageSavage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, let's do like Digi did and elaborate a bit.

I think I suit the elitist gamer category best. I'm pretty bitter and easily angered when it comes to gaming. Usually play and behave like an ******* in any sort of competitive play. If I ever "hold" back in a pro-gamer esque manner, it's just so I can humiliate my opponent even more in the next fight. Slightly older games hold a certain appeal to me, not retro-games but many from the late 90s. Own most consoles and play active only the PC. Only thing that's a bit off is that I play my Computer and console equally.
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
60% piratefag
30% WoWfag
5% assclown
5% elitist

EDIT: By the way, that picture is awesome. Where'd you get it from?

I made it in paint.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 07:33 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I made it in paint.

Really? Ha, that's awesome. You should make more of something like this :P

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 07:36 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I own all three concoles, play all three, have two gaming PCs, play on both, I''m 26, I often let other people win to be cool, I ONLY play for fun, and I've been gaming since I was 3 and a half. (23 years of gaming...hmm...that's a lot.)

Pro gamer describes me best. I don't have time to play as much as I want, I'm better than most frequent gamers, but not enough to be an elitist. I don't develop any games, and I never steal games.

Everynow and then, I assclown people...and the example they gave of knifing someone right before they finally disarm, is exactly something I'd do. (Quickly followed by loud yelping from me, as follows: "Woooopty woopty woopty SHOOOOOOOP!"

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 09:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Yes, let's do like Digi

cool

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 10:09 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rec Gamer, I guess. I play a fair amount (not as much now as I used to though), I play a bunch of different things, and I do like casual games, though not Halo or TF2 (I quite dislike those), but more puzzle games and the like (Puzzle Quest rocks).

Pro Gamer is a decent fit, but I don't really play games with other people (and lack the hand-eye coordination to really be very skilled at most games), and I don't pirate stuff stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 10:18 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I'm definately a cross between a rec gamer and a retro gamer. I'm a casual player who'll play almost anything as long as I'm having fun. I don't play Halo or any FPS games, but mainly racing, puzzle, RPG, fighting, strategy, and action/adventure games.

Also, I still have most of my systems and games from the 1990s.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 11:00 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

While I am, by no means, a Cyberathelete, I play entirely too many video games to be considered a casual gamer.

I don't like the term "hardcore" gamer. It sounds to.....final, if you get my drift.

I prefer to call myself a video game enthusiast.

I play a lot of video games, have current gen consoles, and a wide assortment of last gen games spanning from all eras of gaming.

I also have statues/figures and clothing inspired from video games.

Still, I do get out of the house and meet people. I constantly have to explain to people I tell these things to that I do, in fact, have a life.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 11:04 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i do believe i fall into the category of Rec Gamer

Old Post Jan 10th, 2010 11:05 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Pro Gamer combined with Rec gamer combined with Retrot gamer.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 12:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Wow, incredibly sexist, that.

I'd probably describe myself similar to Impediment, although I don't go out...

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 12:16 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Bardock42
Wow, incredibly sexist, that.

I'd probably describe myself similar to Impediment, although I don't go out...

And, yet, you have a beautiful girlfriend. yes

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 12:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Impediment
And, yet, you have a beautiful girlfriend. yes
She doesn't go out either, it's a match made in heaven.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 12:50 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Is Sarah a gamer, too?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2010 12:54 AM