KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos with a Cosmic Cube runs the gauntlet...

How far does Thanos of Titan get?
This poll is closed.
Stops at 1... 2 14.29%
Gets beaten by 2... 0 0%
Is eatten by 3... 0 0%
Gets crushed by 4... 0 0%
Is helplessly devoured by 5... 0 0%
Lacks the imagination to get by 6... 1 7.14%
Gets overpowered by 7... 2 14.29%
Is overwhelmed by 8... 1 7.14%
Has no prayer against 9... 3 21.43%
Thanos clears the gauntlet... 5 35.71%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thanos with a Cosmic Cube runs the gauntlet...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

Thanos with a Cosmic Cube runs the gauntlet...

No BFR allowed; how far does the mad titan get?

1) Depowered Tyrant...
2) Set...
3) Demogorge...
4) 2000ft Destroyer...
5) Peak Power Demogorge...
6) The Shaper of Worlds...
7) Peak Power Ion...
8) Kubik...
9) Arishem the Judge...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 08:42 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Thanos + Cube was a universal level threat. At that time, Cubes were among, if not the, most powerful items in the universe. Since then, they've been powered down to being "below" Celestials.

If this was the Cube that appeared in the original story, Thanos kills the entire gauntlet combined. As of now?
IMHO :

1) toss up
2) "wins" by BFR but Cube is burnt out (same thing as Classic Strange backed by the power of his artifacts and the Cube vs Set)
3) Demo wins if Classic version
4) Thanos wins
5) what's peak power Demo?
6) toss up
7) no clue what Ion is capable of
8) toss up
9) Thanos loses if we go by on panel statements

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 08:54 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

I'm pretty sure cosmic cubes are stronger than cube beings. SO I believe he would stop at 9, but i'm not 100% sure of some of the power levels of the some of the people on this list.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:00 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

@zopzop

Peak Power Demo is probaly not entirely accurate; the most powerful version...the one who had eatten all the Hell Lords and all of Thors team...is who I am refering to here.

Demo by himself is just Demo who hasnt eatten any Gods...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:03 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

It's hard, in general, to come up with concrete answers. The way power levels fluctuate throughout the years, it's really just best guesses and opinions.

For example :
A Cosmic Cube was drained dry merely BFRing Set from this universe and only then backed by the power of Classic Dr. Strange's artifacts (because when they were lost and his spell weaken, Set was free to contact Earth again). This happened 8 or so years after the story of Thanos using a Cube to basically make himself a universal threat.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:05 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Peak Power Demo is probaly not entirely accurate; the most powerful version...the one who had eatten all the Hell Lords and all of Thors team...is who I am refering to here.

Demo by himself is just Demo who hasnt eatten any Gods...

Wouldn't that be his Atum form then?

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:06 PM
TheLordofMurder

I suppose so... smile

In the future, I'll just use Atum opposed to using "regular" Demogorge...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:11 PM
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by Black bolt z
I'm pretty sure cosmic cubes are stronger than cube beings. SO I believe he would stop at 9, but i'm not 100% sure of some of the power levels of the some of the people on this list.

Cosmic Cubes are potentially stronger; just depends on who's weilding them...

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:13 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Can beat everyone except for 9. I'm not sure about 7 though. Don't know enough about Ion.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 09:53 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

Stops at 9

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 10:35 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

9, I suppose.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 11:37 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 01:13 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

If it's the same Cosmic Cube Thanos used to usurp Eternity's position, I think he clears it. If it's a random Cosmic Cube I think he stops at 9.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 09:40 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 01:53 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Zopzops arguments seem to be followin my train of thinking so I'll vote however he votes in this thread. :-P

Although I still think of the redskull/Korvac/captain America stirrings which showed how powerful a cube was....

But the recent starlord annihilation story arc didn't impress as much about a cubes over all levels.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 03:00 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

if its a random cosmic cube it stops dead at #2.
logically if set can rival a cosmic, then demogorge can consume it

it has happen on panel

I have returned

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 03:06 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Thanos with a Cosmic Cube runs the gauntlet...

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
No BFR allowed; how far does the mad titan get?

1) Depowered Tyrant...
2) Set...
3) Demogorge...
4) 2000ft Destroyer...
5) Peak Power Demogorge...
6) The Shaper of Worlds...
7) Peak Power Ion...
8) Kubik...
9) Arishem the Judge...

Based on actual feats the list would be ordered like this

1) Depowered Tyrant...
2) 2000ft Destroyer...
3) The Shaper of Worlds...
4) Peak Power Ion...
5) Kubik...
6) Arishem the Judge...
7) Set...
8) Demogorge...

Set punked the hell out of Tiamut, Then a cosmic cube was completely burnt out when dr strange used it to bfr him

Demogorge is logically more powerful than set

I have returned

Last edited by Colossus-Big C on Jul 26th, 2011 at 03:14 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 03:12 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

Should get to 7

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 06:16 PM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

@Big-C...

Going by feats alone, Kubik beats Demogorge and everyone else on that list; Kubik reality warped an entire universe...

Very few characters in all of comics have equaled or exceeded that feat...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 06:40 PM
King Kandy

Originally posted by Utrigita
If it's the same Cosmic Cube Thanos used to usurp Eternity's position, I think he clears it. If it's a random Cosmic Cube I think he stops at 9.

You know that cube was the same one used by red skull, AIM, etc...

Last edited by King Kandy on Jul 26th, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2011 10:30 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote