KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman vs. Ronan the Accuser

Aquaman vs. Ronan the Accuser
Started by: Existere

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Aquaman vs. Ronan the Accuser

DCnU Aquaman.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:27 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Not enough feats, but Ronan probably could take DCU Aquaman.

Give Aquaman his water hand, and it would be different.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:38 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Feel free to debate for all Aquamen. I just wanted to avoid mindrape arguments.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:43 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Ronan easily.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:50 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't AM's tp only work on people because of the shared evolutionary ancestor between humans and sea life?

Ronan isn't human, he's an alien. Who's to say that the Kree evolved in the same way humans did?

I'm giving it to Ronan because I don't know if the TP will even work on him and if it don't, AM is dead.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:57 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't AM's tp only work on people because of the shared evolutionary ancestor between humans and sea life?

Ronan isn't human, he's an alien. Who's to say that the Kree evolved in the same way humans did?

I'm giving it to Ronan because I don't know if the TP will even work on him and if it don't, AM is dead.

No; it can and has worked on aliens before.

--

Far as the thread goes, outside of telepathy I'm not sure how it would go. Ronan does appear to me to be somewhat physically superior to Arthur, at least in terms of strength, and with that hammer of his I'm thinking he'd have the advantage.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 06:59 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Ronan outright murder him, and it's not even close.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:00 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Give Aquaman his magical hand and he destroys Ronan.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:01 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Although Existere allows the Waterbearer hand...making it much closer.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:01 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh, with the hand? Arthur would win.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

If AM's TP works on non humans, then he doesn't even need the water hand. I'm not sure Ronan has any TP resistance feats.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:07 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by zopzop
If AM's TP works on non humans, then he doesn't even need the water hand. I'm not sure Ronan has any TP resistance feats.

Originally posted by Existere
Feel free to debate for all Aquamen. I just wanted to avoid mindrape arguments.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:08 AM
deathlife

I think Ronan is somewhat more powerful than Aquaman.

However, if his TP works on Ronan, then its fight over.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 11:04 AM
deathlife is currently offline Click here to Send deathlife a Private Message Find more posts by deathlife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Aquaman with TP might win.

Aquaman with Waterhand will win.

Aquaman with Poseidon's trident might win.

Dwelller of the Deep Aquaman with all his sorcery would win.

Take all four of those away (so long-haired Aquaman with a hook hand and no TP) and Ronan will win.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 11:13 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Aquaman with TP might win.

Aquaman with Waterhand will win.

Aquaman with Poseidon's trident might win.

Dwelller of the Deep Aquaman with all his sorcery would win.

Take all four of those away (so long-haired Aquaman with a hook hand and no TP) and Ronan will win.
QFT

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 11:25 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Re: Aquaman vs. Ronan the Accuser

Ronan would beat the hell out of DCnU Aquaman.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 12:38 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

If TP works then that should seal it for Aquaman, but the Universal weapon can be a pain for people to deal with.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 12:46 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Ronan and his plot device FTW.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 04:41 PM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Ronan wins, and IMO, quite easily.

By: Juk

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 07:26 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I think the only controversial thing about this thread are the comments playing it off as a spite-stomp. Even in forum settings, very, very few fights are utter ragestomps in comics when considering characters in the same tier neighborhood. Even "clear" victories are generally not stomps.

I don't think anyone will stick with a base non-tp Arthur in this fight. But to suggest it wouldn't be a well-fought battle worthy of a comic "showdown" cover or some such is downplaying him.

Ronan wins consistently and surely, though not easily.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2012 08:18 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote