KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DOS Doomsday Repeat

DOS Doomsday Repeat
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

DOS Doomsday Repeat

Instead of Doomsday being in DC, he is now in Marvel. Let's fast forward this to the end, where the ending battle take place between the hero and the villain. Who from Marvel would be your Superman? Who would you use from Marvel EARTH to be the last standing person to face Doomsday.? No trans tiers or higher allowed. Remember, the person you choose would have to either die along with Doomsday or win the battle.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:09 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Would this be around the same time that DoS was published (ie the 90s) or would this be in current Marvel?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:11 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Current Marvel.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:22 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Thor or Hulk. Neither of them would die, probably, assuming Doomsday is at DoS levels.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:24 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^not sure about that. imo, hulk would die. thor is different. he could simply use bfr. if he tried going h2h ala superman, then yeah, i'd say he'd die too.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Well, considering the stuff both survived, I don't think either of them would die. Hulk especially has had his healing factor displayed more prominently over the past few years, too.

Maybe back in the 90s, I could agree, but both have gotten pretty significant feats since then. They'll feel it, either way, though.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:29 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Thor.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:29 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^^imo, i think dd could have continued to change though. he sort of maxxed out with clark in that arc. were dos fighting hulk, i think he would continue to get stronger until they both killed each other. thor--physically--really hasn't changed. in this type of scenario, i just think he would go all physical and THAT would be the problem for him. i guess it depends too, on what you feel dd was intended to be. and even THAT version of superman had some pretty uber feats that people forget about. phil listed them once i think. some were pretty uber, though i'm having trouble remembering specific ones. getting old blow ballzzz....

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:32 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yeah, even 90s Superman was pretty formidable and has some high end feats to compete with pre-reboot. Still, idk. Given how Hulk and Thor are currently portrayed by the latest couple of volumes of their respecting ongoings - not counting crossovers, team books, events, etc - I think either one of them could definitely beat Doomsday without dying. If Thor was disarmed, he'd be in worse shape, but even if he does melee mostly with Mjolnir with the occasional hammer toss and lightning blast, he has what it takes to win.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 09:36 PM
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, even 90s Superman was pretty formidable and has some high end feats to compete with pre-reboot. Still, idk. Given how Hulk and Thor are currently portrayed by the latest couple of volumes of their respecting ongoings - not counting crossovers, team books, events, etc - I think either one of them could definitely beat Doomsday without dying. If Thor was disarmed, he'd be in worse shape, but even if he does melee mostly with Mjolnir with the occasional hammer toss and lightning blast, he has what it takes to win.
Taking a high end Thor then probably so. Taking an average Thor then he would most likely die too. Also the biggest problem with DD was his insane resistance against energy projection and his speed. Thor will have more of a problem with DD's speed than Superman did. And Superman had big problems with it.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 10:37 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

If Doomsday is created with the same intention of showing an heroic death. Any herald will die.

Now based on power levels portrayed on that decade and comparing them with each other. IMO

Silver Surfer of that era will survive
Thor of that era could survive
Hulk of that era dies.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Apr 5th, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 10:41 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

professor hulk would lose
savage would eventually win imo
current... who the phuck knows
pak hulk/green scar HAHAHAHAHA!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 10:46 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Thor has the power set to put DOS DD down, vastly more versatile than Superman and just as strong, Thor does have and edge he can go warrior madness or belt of strength and would be willingly to kill a lot quicker than Superman.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 11:04 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by the Darkone
Thor has the power set to put DOS DD down, vastly more versatile than Superman and just as strong, Thor does have and edge he can go warrior madness or belt of strength and would be willingly to kill a lot quicker than Superman.

1. Thor is not as strong as Superman, never has been either.
2. Thor will never go into warrior madness in a forum fight unless specified by OP. Thor has never entered warrior madness even in a comic.
3. Belt of strength isn't standard equipment.
4. Thor is a lot slower than Superman and DD and also his primary mentality is to brawl. Thus his versatility edge is diminished.

Thor's biggest problem is his mentality and his lack of speed against beings who turn on the speed. Superman even had problems with DD's speed.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:43 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

CIS/CIP rules say different.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:46 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by leonidas
^not sure about that. imo, hulk would die. thor is different. he could simply use bfr. if he tried going h2h ala superman, then yeah, i'd say he'd die too.
Can Hulk even die?

Maybe if DD koed him and kept beating on him, but I can't see him getting killed on his feet by a being of DD's level

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 12:49 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Can Hulk even die?

Maybe if DD koed him and kept beating on him, but I can't see him getting killed on his feet by a being of DD's level
This. thumb up

Savage Hulk can be beaten, maybe even be killed... but not by someone on Doomsday's level.

At this point, Doomsday has just not aged well as a concept and had literally succumbed to reverse ninja rule in his penultimate tale Reign of the Doomsdays. I don't even think Wonder Man would be defeated by him at this point (although that also has to do with Wonder Man's stock raising from second-rate Thor schmoe).

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 01:31 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Thor would win probably win ( at least Thor in his ongoing) though he would be forced to bust out the huge top level attacks and be pushed to the brink. Savage hulk could win a battle of attrition or perhaps get koed but His Hf is way too good for him to be outright killed in such a physical confrontation. Grey hulk and Prof hulk would lose. Greenscar would straight up annihilate him.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 01:49 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by ODG
This. thumb up

Savage Hulk can be beaten, maybe even be killed... but not by someone on Doomsday's level.

At this point, Doomsday has just not aged well as a concept and had literally succumbed to reverse ninja rule in his penultimate tale Reign of the Doomsdays. I don't even think Wonder Man would be defeated by him at this point (although that also has to do with Wonder Man's stock raising from second-rate Thor schmoe).
I didn't finish the Reign of Doomsdays (stopped as soon as Doomslayer appeared), but I know for a fact WM would choke him out

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 01:49 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Can Hulk even die?

yeah, i wondered if hulk could die too. but to odg's point--it's why i've said many times that it's hard to compare eras sometimes. do we view him as the character he was intended to be portrayed as, or do we look strictly at what he did then (and retroactively it was shown he had some UBER feats in h/p, so should all those feats be ascribed to dos as well?)

i think even dos dd would kill thor if thor fought like supes does. hulk, given some of his more recent feats, is a lot more difficult to say that about. could be though that dd would simply adapt a way to kill him, though it might kill him in the doing.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2013 02:19 AM