KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Street Fighter 4 VS Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike!!!

Street Fighter 4 VS Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike!!!
Started by: Frisky Dingo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

Street Fighter 4 VS Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike!!!

I notice that casual players say SF4 is the best SF ever and 1 of the best fighters out there. Most of us fans who no about SF3 called it the best SF on the planet. Is SF3 the greatest of all SFs or has it been beaten?

Which is the better game? And if U dont think either of these games R the best SF, then what is?

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:38 AM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I never actually played any of the SFIII games.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 03:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

3rd strike is definitely a favorite... but I wouldnt call SFIV a casual friendly game

as for better... I think SFIV has more of a chance with the possibility of being patched on XboxLive and PSN respectively.. so that earns alot of points with me

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2009 06:29 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

I never like Street Fighter 3 myself.

Non of the new fighters never held my fancy. Most of the new fighters were rip offs of old fighters. Sure the parry system was great. But it still fail by sf standers imo.

sf II
sf alpha
sf 4
sf 1
and than sf 3 is how I rank them.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 02:25 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

3rd Strike has the benefit of nostalgia and time...but SF4 beats it. Not because it is new, but because SF4 has grabbed hold of me and by the looks of it it will not let me go--unlike SF3 back in the day.

SF3 was good, but besides checking out the regs(Ryu Ken Chunli) the new crew was uninteresting and freaky to me. Granted the gameplay was topnotch, but SF4 has delivered in all aspects.

The only thing left for SF4 to prove is how good it will stand the test of time.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 02:44 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

What about SF II? That's where it's at. Still, with these choices, I'd say SF IV.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 09:17 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

I believe Street Fighter IV is better than Street Fighter III.

The parry system in SFIII was somewhat annoying.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2009 04:50 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

I guess I'm in the minority when I say that not only is 3rd Strike better, it destroys SFIV.

Jump in HP, HP, ducking HK-CANCEL, HP Shoryuken-CANCEL, Shinryuken. Only game I know wit such a beautiful fighting system. That game turned me into a superstar 'round my way...Remo knows.

I liked the characters and music more too.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 11:11 PM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chidori210
(>'.')>RAWR<('.'<)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by I am who I am
I guess I'm in the minority when I say that not only is 3rd Strike better, it destroys SFIV.

Jump in HP, HP, ducking HK-CANCEL, HP Shoryuken-CANCEL, Shinryuken. Only game I know wit such a beautiful fighting system. That game turned me into a superstar 'round my way...Remo knows.

i have to agree SF 3rd strike is the best of the series

-Chidori210

Lesson #3 : If you see a stranger, Follow him
[

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 11:39 AM
chidori210 is currently offline Click here to Send chidori210 a Private Message Find more posts by chidori210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I tried to play some street fighter 2 the other day. Damn, that game sucks some balls. It was the god damn shit back in the day but in THIS day..,no, it's boring. I'm super amped to play street fighter 4. I'm thinking about getting into some of those fighting games out there again, but nothing will EVER top Marvel VS Capcom 2. That is where the shit was and always will be at. That mother fracker trumps all these bitches. Although, i can't speak for Street fighter 4 becuase i havent played it yet. 3rd strike reminded me to much the Snk universe plus, it was to goddamn hard and unforgiving. hahah.

i'm waiting until the day that we see, Marvel Vs Capcom 3. On THAT day. That day i'll shit my pants in antincipation and enjoyment.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 03:57 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by I am who I am

I dont know why people bash the parrying so much.. yeah it changed the gameplay from your normal street fighter outing.. but it made the matches so much more exciting than just some lame block-string extravaganza

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 11:31 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
No End N Site
Saikyo Pharaoh Sol Radguy

The problem, which I think someone else said along time ago was it took away from character individuality. EVERYONE could do it. And that's all you really needed. They should have put some limits on it. Like you shouldn't be able to parry while blockin' or parry in the air. There should also be a parry limit, I've seen cats parry a Shinku Hadouken. I will say that SFIV did do a good job of puttin' limits on the focus attacks. Focus doesn't take priority over EVERY attack that isn't a grab.
Originally posted by chidori210
i have to agree SF 3rd strike is the best of the series

-Chidori210
I'm glad Im not the only one.

"Step back loser! Make way for the winner!"
-Anakaris-

Old Post Mar 14th, 2009 01:22 AM
No End N Site is currently offline Click here to Send No End N Site a Private Message Find more posts by No End N Site Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Re: Street Fighter 4 VS Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike!!!

Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
I notice that casual players say SF4 is the best SF ever and 1 of the best fighters out there. Most of us fans who no about SF3 called it the best SF on the planet. Is SF3 the greatest of all SFs or has it been beaten?

Which is the better game? And if U dont think either of these games R the best SF, then what is?

I've played both games and Street Fighter 3 3rd strike is far more superior to street fighter 4.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:34 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I dont know why people bash the parrying so much.. yeah it changed the gameplay from your normal street fighter outing.. but it made the matches so much more exciting than just some lame block-string extravaganza

Indeed!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2013 06:35 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote