KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » 10 Best Villain (Canon)

10 Best Villain (Canon)
Started by: Marco1907

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

10 Best Villain (Canon)

http://www.starwars.com/video/the-s...0-best-villains

starwars . com's list ;

10 - Pong Krell
9 - Nute Gunray
8 - Asajj Ventress
7 - General Grievous
6 - Count Dooku
5 - Jabba the Hutt
4 - Darth Maul
3 - Grand Moff Tarkin
2 - Darth Vader
1 - Emperor Palpatine

I think Boba and Jango would be more suitable than Pong Krell and Nute Gunray.

My List ;

10 - Jango Fett
9 - Boba Fett
8 - Asajj Ventress
7 - General Grievous
6 - Jabba the Hutt
5 - Grand Moff Tarkin
4 - Count Dooku
3 - Darth Maul
2 - Darth Vader
1 - Emperor Palpatine

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 06:01 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Joker or Bane.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

quote: (post)
starwars.com
4-) Darth Maul
Darth Maul has an agility never before seen in Star Wars. This Zabrak was so strong with the dark side, he survived being cut in two.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 12th, 2014 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2014 07:37 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Darth Vader should be at the top. He is by far the most famous and iconic SW Villain. And just one of the most iconic Movie villains of all time.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Darth Vader should be at the top. He is by far the most famous and iconic SW Villain. And just one of the most iconic Movie villains of all time.

I don't think Vader would be evil without the Emperor though. He is responsible from Vader, so he deserves to be at the top imho.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 01:37 PM
The_Tempest

Darth Vader should be at the top.

Nah. I don't question Vader's supremacy as a pop cultural icon, but as a villain he is certainly trumped by the Emperor.

I question certain aspects of the list, but their top 3 is solid.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 02:25 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd put Maul above Tarkin, ignoring his CW persona.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'd put Maul above Tarkin, ignoring his CW persona.

Hey? He was Awesome in TCW. Sam Witwer did such a good job with his voice, I just loved it every time he spoke.

In TPM he had a cool presence but was not given any personality at all.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

His personality was that he was pure ****ing evil and he wanted to kill Jedi, it was great.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fact that anyone could prefer the shit-talking piece of annoying retcon that was this:
(please log in to view the image) Makes me feel ill. The original Darth Maul will always be better than the new one by miles.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:06 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

That's Marco's favorite character you are bashing, ser.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

His personality was that he was pure ****ing evil and he wanted to kill Jedi, it was great.

Well it's funny, because before TCW the general complaint was that Maul was hardly in TPM and didn't say anything.

Once he was being revived he obviously had to speak. And I for one Love the personality (especially the way Witwer voices it) they've given Maul.

Originally posted by ILS
The fact that anyone could prefer the shit-talking piece of annoying retcon that was this:

Haters will hate I guess.

And it was hardly a retcon. It was more fleshing out a character.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 05:14 PM
ares834

Originally posted by ILS
(please log in to view the image) Makes me feel ill. The original Darth Maul will always be better than the new one by miles.

thumb up

He may not have had much personality in TPM, but him being almost entirely silent was far more intimidating and cool than the generic Sith they turned him into.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 06:40 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He actually has a fair bit of personality in his TPM novels, he just keeps it to himself. You can't expect anyone to think he has much of a personality if they base him entirely off the film. But his portrayal in the film was still leaps and bounds better than the version who came out that cave on Lotho Minor.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 06:53 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Sam Witwer did such a good job with his voice, I just loved it every time he spoke.

Have you ever seen Sam Witwer not do a good job?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:20 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Smallville.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:23 PM
Darth Thor

It's funny, because I don't remember any of you guys going on about how cool Maul was before TCW.

ILS you're right about one thing. He always had a personality, just kept to himself while he was under Sidious. But you've lost me where you think the version of him portrayed in the novels was far superior to TCW version. They were both good in their own ways. But TCW version was just really enjoyable to watch in action (and I don't mean Sword fighting action).

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:32 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

TCW Maul was annoying, generic, supported by a feeble attempt at a plot, had a poor supporting cast, and basically goes against everything TPM Maul was built up to be.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:38 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Smallville.

Lies. That entire show was the problem.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 08:52 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ILS
TCW Maul was annoying, generic, supported by a feeble attempt at a plot, had a poor supporting cast, and basically goes against everything TPM Maul was built up to be.

Not at all. It was the Legend Eu's naivety to think Maul was just supposed to be a mere assassin(well from some of the writers anyway). In TCW however you can clearly see Sidious was this guys teacher all over.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2014 09:13 PM