KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » PC vs. Consoles

PC vs. Consoles
Started by: Neo_Version 7

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lag

To me console's are better. They provide more games, game types, online play, convenience, and you don't have to buy a new one every other week. It's not that PC's have to many buttons, one of my favorite games is Steel Battalion, and I don't think that PC's are better for FPS games, which are my favorite type of games: HALO, Rainbow6 3, Ghost Recon, Red Faction, did I mention HALO, I think it boils down to convenience. When I buy games I want to play them and I want to play them now. I don't want to download anything and I don't want to worry if my computer can take it. I want to buy a game and know I'm going to be able to play it no matter what. Also,like anything, if the game doesn't work just take it back and get a new one, no patch downloading or any of that crap. Consoles, in my eyes, are just all around better. This doesn't mean I won't play a game on PC, I mean a game's a game no matter what it's on. smile

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 12:03 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

It all depends on the genre of the game; some are better for PC's and others are better for console's. Updates for Pc's can be downloaded for free via the internet.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 12:08 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

The consoles are better with games like sonic and fighting dames aso, where the pc is better with strategic games, RPG, Car games, and 3D shooterssmile

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 01:36 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

Yeah it's also free for X-box. They have games with downloadeable material such as NFL Fever and Splinter Cell. Granted you have to pay a yearly 50 dollar fee to play live, but what's $50.00 a year. Whatever PC's have console's have and then some.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 01:38 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Im a PC gamer all the way,
i like the many buttons,
FPS on consols are just wayyy tooo confusing with aiming and such,
also, games like sims and other RTS on consols are just ???
but i don't even have a consol soo....

Old Post Dec 13th, 2003 05:37 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

PC's are factually better for FPS, the amount of accuracy you have with a mouse/keyboard control far surpasses the control you have with a joystick.

I basically only play PC games right now, the only games consoles do better are Fighting, and action adventure.

And the graphics on a PC can be absolutely staggering.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 12:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I spend the majority of my free time on PCs if not for work orientated operations then gaming, im addicted to FPS (First Person Shooters) however i also own all three of the major brand consoles currently available on the market and one thing i must say in there defence is that it is far easier to play direct multiplayer (i.e. between you and your mates) on a console providing you have all the neccesary perphiral devices then setting up a PC based LAN (Local Area Network) meet and my three mates usually come home at lunch and have a round or two of HALO on the X-Box which is great for quick 'switch on 'n' play' action particuarly on a time constraint where as when i am not in this situation i tend to stick to my PC and its online gaming capablities, i tend to not play much console gaming unless i purchase a new game or have a 'hankering' to play one of my older titles.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 05:48 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

consoles hands down..i mean consoles are made purely FOR gaming, it's what they're here for.

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 10:31 PM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote