KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Will the Duel in EpIII with Anakin and Obi Wan ever top The Duel of Fates in EpI?

Will the Duel in EpIII with Anakin and Obi Wan ever top The Duel of Fates in EpI?
Started by: Nick1989

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Decimator

quote:
Originally posted by :.Space Opera.:
but i belive that the duel will not be one sequence by itself, but in fact be intercut with other shots/scenes of other things going on at that point in the film.

b r u sure ? i didnt think that anything else was happening at that point in the film

Many many thanks to Sir Mist for the Kick-A** Sig ! big grin

Old Post Nov 16th, 2004 10:49 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Decimator a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Decimator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ObiWanCon

The Duel will be simple the finest sword fight ever in the history of film.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 08:32 PM
Click here to Send ObiWanCon a Private Message Find more posts by ObiWanCon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bmw2002

It should be good because it will be the most emotional fight...perhaps more so than Vader vs. luke.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 09:25 PM
Click here to Send bmw2002 a Private Message Find more posts by bmw2002 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

quote:
Originally posted by Jodo kast
Yeah,i did not like the duel in TPM.The best duel is that in ep.6, Because he just keeps slashing and slashing. He was really angry.(and the music was really good)

I didn't like the ep VI duel... Luke looked like a...well a farm boy who found he had some mystical powers and was running around carrying a stick that can cut through anything. The ep I was much better because it showed how a "real" jedi dueled. It was an excelent duel tho.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Decimator
anakin/obiwan/dooku/grievous will surpass the duel in tpm , away

um if this is a spoiler don't tell me...but who is grievous?

Is he mebe that guy with the weird teeth in the trailer?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 11:26 PM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

"I didn't like the ep VI duel.."

you mean ep V

delfedd: grevious is the general of the separitists droid army. he cariies four lightsabers, is part alien and part mechanical (sounds like somebody familiar huh?) and he was in the clone wars cartoon. anybody wanna post a picture, im fresh out at this point.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 11:52 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

no i LOVED ep V duel. imo ep vi was crap

thanks 4 the info

Old Post Nov 21st, 2004 01:57 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

technically, the original trillogy duels were nowhere near as skillful as the prequels have been

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 11:03 AM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

yea, they were more personal. like a comic book.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 04:32 PM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

agreed eleven

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2004 09:59 PM
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by eXSBass
Also, it's going to beat a record. 13-15 minutes of straight action not intercutted with other scenes. Currently the record is 7 minutes.

that would be so kick ass if GL pull that off. the dule of the fates was interupted by f*cking gungans! GUNGANS! what kind of sh!t is that!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 12:49 AM
Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MagiK_11

I didn't like the duels in the OT compared to the PT as well. THe pt duels were much better.

IMHO the OT duels compared to the PT duels is like comparing an American ninja to a Japanese Samurai. laughing out loud
Back to the subject: The duel in Episode 3 will own all other duels. It's going to be one of the most experienced Jedi, against the most powerful for over 12 minutes. Can't get better than that.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 01:03 AM
Click here to Send MagiK_11 a Private Message Find more posts by MagiK_11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-Wan_fangirl
Jedi Master

I too think it will be the most emotional lightsaber fight , and at least the best one and it might even be the longest 17 minute lightsaber fight to boot too , ofcourse what I like in my opinion and all of us have one , but I would say the climatic emotional lightsaber duel between Luke and Darth Vader was my favorite part of the film in Star Wars VI , and I would say Star Wars IV was my second favorite film out of the whole Star Wars Original Trilogy .

" The Force will be with you , Always " - Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi ( aka Obi-Wan Kenobi )
Jedi Master
Human Male
Favorite Lightsaber Blade : light blue

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Obi-Wan_fangirl a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-Wan_fangirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote