KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo1+2 Appropriate for a teen?

Halo1+2 Appropriate for a teen?
Started by: clulesmister

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robo-Chocobo

thats the problem though. as much as halo 1 is fine...our society has kids saying the F*** word at 8, and I would rather have a kid not playing halo 2 or grand theft auto at 12. I just feel that they're mature rated for a reason(excluding halo1)

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 12:52 AM
Robo-Chocobo is currently offline Click here to Send Robo-Chocobo a Private Message Find more posts by Robo-Chocobo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesel fan
At the Dark Side

My nephew doesn't swear though because he knows it's wrong.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 11:37 AM
Diesel fan is currently offline Click here to Send Diesel fan a Private Message Find more posts by Diesel fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesel fan
At the Dark Side

Why the hell do people have to fuss over something as petty as this
SOOOOOOOO what if kids are playing them
Its the parents that get the games for them
Take the disscusion up with them
NOT THE PEOPLE WHO PLAY THE GAMES - WHAT DO YA THINK THEIR GOING TO SAY sleep whistle

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 01:18 PM
Diesel fan is currently offline Click here to Send Diesel fan a Private Message Find more posts by Diesel fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the 'real' problem is that children dont know their place these days.. I have nephews that sometimes forget who I am and start talking to me like I'm their 8th grade buddy.. Im like "Hello?... I know you arent talking to 'me' like that..." and they'll apologize... if you teach children to understand who they are (and not act like they're 18 or 20 years old talking to adults on an adult level), then I believe there will be less profanity and slacking in terms of manners.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 02:58 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Diesel fan
At the Dark Side

I agree with SAtsuJIN

Besides if they start, give them a clip around the ear

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 02:29 PM
hedgehogs23

Miffed i cant play them

It stinks i cant play and i think its the best game ever i wish ther would bring the rating down to teen

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 01:05 PM
hedgehogs23 is currently offline Click here to Send hedgehogs23 a Private Message Find more posts by hedgehogs23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hedgehogs23

Cool Re: Halo1+2 Appropriate for a teen?

i think that the games should not be rated m its not like theres blood all over the place or arms and heads rollin around.theres like no swears and i know a 6 year old that plays it all the time

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 04:41 PM
hedgehogs23 is currently offline Click here to Send hedgehogs23 a Private Message Find more posts by hedgehogs23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I hate it when people won't let their teenaged kids play video games because they're "too violent"... If you act more violent because of playing a stupid game, you're a moron and need counseling.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 06:11 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

I really does piss me off when i hear people talk about this, Parents dont know anything, Just Buy the Game yourself, or get som1 else to buy it, or just tell ur parents to FO basicly

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 09:38 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

I think that the HALO games are appropriate for "Teens" of the age 14+, but any younger than that - no way.
But I'd be more worried about Little 8 year old Timmy playing GTA: San Andreas down the street, rather than Bobby the 12 year old playing HALO at his house.....wink

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 10:29 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Yes, its abit more worrying seeing a 8 year old swearing his head off then a 8 year old pretending he is Master Chief.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2005 02:42 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I agree that Halo1/2 are not laced with blood effects and mutilated corpses but the thing that gets me (being an avid xbox online user) is the amount of swearing, racist and idiots that the child is being exposed too, that sort of stupidity has no place in modern society. Offline is fine for kids but there too impressionable to go online. However the guy that started this is 17 and I would expect him to learn to ignore this.

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 08:22 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Hmm... You do fire many weapons into humanoid baddies but the aliens are so colorful that it's hard to take it seriously.

Plus David Cross does voice work. That alone should warrant the game.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 10:49 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

It's cool. It's like PG-13. stick out tongue

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 07:05 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
[Bthe thing that gets me (being an avid xbox online user) is the amount of swearing, racist and idiots that the child is being exposed too, that sort of stupidity has no place in modern society [/B]

Oh, sorry. That's my bad, I'll try to be nicer. stick out tongue

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 09:50 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

It's nothing that won't be on any other T rated game or in movies or on TV, so I say you should be allowed to play it... erm

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 05:09 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
I agree that Halo1/2 are not laced with blood effects and mutilated corpses but the thing that gets me (being an avid xbox online user) is the amount of swearing, racist and idiots that the child is being exposed too, that sort of stupidity has no place in modern society. Offline is fine for kids but there too impressionable to go online. However the guy that started this is 17 and I would expect him to learn to ignore this.

If the parent is afraid the kid will start cursing, than they should be responsible enough to not allow the child to play online. However, like I said before, I think it is certainly okay for teens and kids under the age of 17 to play it.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 05:14 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote