KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Skynet/Cyberdyne

Skynet/Cyberdyne
Started by: Waggy the Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Well they looked as though they were on because the screens were green. I think.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 11:08 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I'll have to check. But again, they were supposed to be from the 60's or something. They probably didn't even have internet capacity...

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Feb 10th, 2004 04:43 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

No probably not.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 11:55 AM
Mighty Yoda is currently offline Click here to Send Mighty Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Mighty Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Anyway, i think that there should have been a central core so skynet could have been shutdown.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 11:58 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

But wouldn't that have been a cop-out ending? If they had stopped Judgement Day again then what would have been the point of T3?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2004 01:22 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Good point.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 09:49 AM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

At least now the Terminator franchise can keep its dignity, even it another one is never made...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 01:16 PM
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Yeah but i would like to see a T4 made

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 12th, 2004 01:18 PM
el_barto
I'm So Bored With the USA

conner clearly says "SKYNET IS THE VIRUS" (skynet created the virus because i think it knew that it would be activated fully if there was trouble)

You Call This a New Way of Thinking? I Call This Regression to Ignorance.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 01:20 AM
el_barto is currently offline Click here to Send el_barto a Private Message Find more posts by el_barto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

Somebody has already mentioned that before.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 02:08 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

That is correct, El Barto

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 03:34 PM
Mighty Yoda
The all Mighty One

How do you rekon Brewster knew how to build it back up again.

love*Sxc_Sarah*love

Old Post Feb 19th, 2004 02:27 PM
muzzdeni

"Skynet IS the virus", Of course Brewster knew that Skynet was operational, it would have been activated for a while to become self aware, It also may have had access to the NET to learn about human's, To create the virus, Skynet would have needed the ability to program.
Earlier in the film The cell phone network goes's down, The terminator is also heard, "Skynet is taking over GLOBAL communication, in preparation for its attack".
The virus would have been created by skynet as a decoy, so that skynet could get control of the USA's government, The missile code's etc.

Old Post May 5th, 2004 07:57 AM
muzzdeni is currently offline Click here to Send muzzdeni a Private Message Find more posts by muzzdeni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

That's a good point muzzdeni. But what did you mean when you said "Brewster knew that skynet was operational"?

And Glenn. Oh yeah, Glenn. Tut tut. The mighty yoda?! I will never accept that - never ya hear!!! Traitor!

Old Post May 6th, 2004 08:14 PM
muzzdeni

At some point in time, between the time line of T2 and T3 "skynet" the computer and programme's would have been made/developed, skynet would have been operational before going "online" onto the defense network, Skynet needed the defense network in order to gain access to the missile codes and location's.

Old Post May 15th, 2004 08:26 AM
muzzdeni is currently offline Click here to Send muzzdeni a Private Message Find more posts by muzzdeni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

In T3 SkyNET was sentient for a while before the nuclear holocaust, but in T2 it initiated the holocaust in its infancy.

Old Post May 15th, 2004 05:18 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I thought skynet BECAME sentient when Brewster activated it...

Old Post May 19th, 2004 06:24 PM
shaber
schizoid

The US military completed it at the same time in those timelines too by using Cyberdyne's backup files stored off site... but for some reason weren't idiot enough to give it control of everything straight away. Its first few years of life were dominated by mankind, so that should have affected its disposition

Old Post May 19th, 2004 07:16 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

quote:
Originally posted by shaber
The US military completed it at the same time in those timelines too by using Cyberdyne's backup files stored off site

Where do you figure this part from? I'm not familiar with any Terminator literature so if the above is stated in any comics/books then please forgive me...But where is there evidence of "Cyberdyne's backup files" in the movies? Thanks in advance.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:53 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Rebel HQ disclosed this. It made SkyNET more dangerous, since it spread through the internet, meaning that it is no longer dependant on any central point.

Old Post May 20th, 2004 01:23 PM