KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » From the Final Fantasies whose better Tidus or Squall

From the Final Fantasies whose better Tidus or Squall
Started by: Kenshinswife

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bettyboop
Betty

Squall

Okay here we go again with Squall and the love thing. Squall is a loner by nature and duh we know he is a bit cold-so some people are-that's what makes him special. Tidus on the other hand is just like any hero-at least to me he is. -Squall is just so much more mysterious-knowing such little stuff about his past is what draws you to him in the first place-yeah I can understand that you think it was crazy for him to suddenly fall for Rinoa-but you forget-that it wasn't really sudden-I mean certain parts of the game Squall was thinking of her-trying to figure her out-and what not- It wasn't just sudden-
Second it really isn't about the love story it's about the character-in general-
And third-people like Squall for his distance ways while others like Tidus for his warmer ways-understandable-stop pointing out the obvious through-gesh

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:11 AM
Bettyboop is currently offline Click here to Send Bettyboop a Private Message Find more posts by Bettyboop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Tidus, because he could perform Blitz Ace with 99, 999 damage per hit.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:13 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bettyboop
Betty

Squall

Also must point out-why would Squall tell his feelings about Rinoa if he was a loner anyhow-

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:16 AM
Bettyboop is currently offline Click here to Send Bettyboop a Private Message Find more posts by Bettyboop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I never liked Rinoa. Whiny, self-absorbed, clingy; all the traits I dislike in a person

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:42 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

How is Tidus just like any other character?!? In almost every game you can find a character like squall...Ignorant to their past...."i dont want to let no one in" type of Character in almost every game! Gaurantee! "Mysterious" or ignorant anyone you... perfer is old! I mean bad things happen but life goes on! That what makes Tidus so unique!! And the love story makes up a big percentage of the Character! Okay and for the benifit of the doubt you are right about your third point i guess...

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:04 AM
Kenshinswife is currently offline Click here to Send Kenshinswife a Private Message Find more posts by Kenshinswife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

Tide+us= People with clean clothes...... big grin stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:17 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

quote:
Originally posted by Maverick2364
Ok I'm going to interdict on Tidus's behalf since Kenshin isn't doing a very good job defending him. Basically FF-X was not just awesome for its Sphere grid enabling you to choose what abilities you want your character to learn and not have to junction like FF8. Tidus proved his worth by following his heart when he was with Yuna. Sure he started out as a crybaby, but that is because his father vanished 10 years ago without a trace leaving him alone. That would bug me a little bit too. Squall is too intropersonal and you learn very little about his past. He also isolated his feelings from Rinoa and then pulls a 180 when they go to space and she is posessed and is suddenly in love? Tidus also stood up and lead everyone in the most difficult times while people turned to Squall and designated him a leader.

Combat-wise I prefer Tidus's speed and his 255 stats I gave him from training. The max level of 100 in FF8 was too simple. Both characters have their advantages and disadvantages.

Like several people have said before, it takes time to get through to someone like Squall. And it didn't happen in space, he loved her when she went unconscious 'cause he realized he was a wreck without her. He wasn't suddenly in love, it built up over time and finally he realized "Hey, I love this girl." Things like that don't happen overnight. And for the record, the sphere grid was the worst idea ever in a FF game. Squall rules and Tidus is an idiot.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:50 AM
ArthasKnight is currently offline Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Sphere Grid rules! It was simple and powerful.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 04:23 AM
AdventChild

sphere grid sucked....i'm with arthas..i mean what he just said is true

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 04:57 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

the sphere grid was awesome....It didnt take Tidus forever and a day to find out he loved Yuna...So i dont really think Tidus would be the Idiot in this situation....Tidus is It and squall is.......spit! laughing

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Last edited by Kenshinswife on Jan 17th, 2005 at 05:12 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:04 AM
Kenshinswife is currently offline Click here to Send Kenshinswife a Private Message Find more posts by Kenshinswife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The Sphere Grid allowed you to develop your characters into anyway you want. Yuna could be fighter. Lulu could be a thief. Auron could be a white mage. It was much better than the previous level-up systems. When I finished the game all my characters had 255 for all their stats (except luck and evasion).

The opinions on Squall and Tidus are subjective. A person's personalities reflect their opinions. Perhaps a lot of people didn't like Tidus because he was an jock and had a free spirit.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:16 AM
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

i...guess..your...kinda..right...sorta...But Tidus was Great!!! I dont like squall because he is like the average video game character except with a little salt on top...so repeatative but Tidus is fresh meat not too many characters like him...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:28 AM
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

I hate Tidus and I'm glad he died...

Squall could own Tidus without even trying...

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 07:20 AM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

The love story between Squall and Rinoa isn't an overnight thing. For most of his life Squall shut himself away from the world because the people who meant the most to him had dissapeared and he was terrified of of being hurt like that. Rinoa was the only person to challenge him in years. The qthers gave half hearted attempts but Rinoa constantly challenges him through the first and part of the second disc. For the first time Squall was looking at a person completley opposite to him. A person who defined her existance through her friends. By the end of disc 2 Squall realises that he can't continue without her so he picks her up, puts her on his back and walks to Esther. When she becomes a Sorceress not only does he save her from being launched into space, he says he's willing to kill anyone for her if she turns evil. The story is pretty deep if you look at it.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 10:43 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

quote:
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
And for the record, the sphere grid was the worst idea ever in a FF game. Squall rules and Tidus is an idiot.

If you've ever actually played FFX you would know that the Sphere Grid was awesome. Nothing beats teaching characters abilities by making spheres to raise stats and teach them abilities you want them to. Thanks to the Sphere Grid I was able to max out everyone's stats big grin

Tidus was no idiot. granted he had his fair share of times, but when something was wrong or something happened he didn't like, he questioned why. Tidus tried to make things better for everyone while still being selfless to Yuna's feelings. His bravery far exceeded anything Squall faced. Squall just rolled with everything and kept all of his thoughts to himself.

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69
Tidus, because he could perform Blitz Ace with 99, 999 damage per hit.

I have him doing 99,999 on any type of hitbig grin

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 01:26 PM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

What else is so great about ffx is that it came out with a sequel....and Tidus comes Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Dance
And he is sooooooo worth it!!!!
Anything for tidus!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:07 PM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

quote:
Originally posted by Maverick2364
If you've ever actually played FFX you would know that the Sphere Grid was awesome. Nothing beats teaching characters abilities by making spheres to raise stats and teach them abilities you want them to. Thanks to the Sphere Grid I was able to max out everyone's stats big grin

Tidus was no idiot. granted he had his fair share of times, but when something was wrong or something happened he didn't like, he questioned why. Tidus tried to make things better for everyone while still being selfless to Yuna's feelings. His bravery far exceeded anything Squall faced. Squall just rolled with everything and kept all of his thoughts to himself.

I have him doing 99,999 on any type of hitbig grin

I have played FFX, I owned it since it came out and the sphere system is not a good idea, just like the junction system wasn't. They were both innotave concepts but X's sphere grid is useless unless you have an almost unlimited amount of paitience. VIII's junction system restricted the use of magic. Both are good ideas on paper but really knock down the amount of customers when implemented.

And yes I realise that Tidus did have stand out qualities. But he was also a whiner, (though considering his circumstance he did have just cause.) He did many stupid things, at certain points it was like watching a child. His personality grated on me and becaause of that I couldn't relate to him. He is a perfect stereotype of a surfer jock (blonde hair, tanned skin, all optimisim and no brains.) For these reasons I will always choose Squall as his superior and Cloud as the Greatest FF hero of all.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:56 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

In my opinion, Yes cloud is the best ff chracter so far but Squall can NEVER be superior to Tidus NEVER!! EVER EVER NEVER

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:02 PM
AdventChild

i agree Cloud is the best FF hero of all.. nothing even comes close to him.. But i mean come on.... Playstation needed to come out with something new so they came out with the sphere grid which really doesn't make much sense in making and the only reason why the attacks were 99.999 was because since it was on a new console they thought they should change it but it wasn't a good idea. Physical traits Squall wins..... Fighting wise-Squall wins..... Appearance-Squall wins... Personality traits- Squall wins.... Storyline between the games- FF8 wins... Characters- FF8 wins... Name wise-Tidus wins....overall Squall is still a better character....

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:26 PM
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
I have played FFX, I owned it since it came out and the sphere system is not a good idea, just like the junction system wasn't. They were both innotave concepts but X's sphere grid is useless unless you have an almost unlimited amount of paitience. VIII's junction system restricted the use of magic. Both are good ideas on paper but really knock down the amount of customers when implemented.

And yes I realise that Tidus did have stand out qualities. But he was also a whiner, (though considering his circumstance he did have just cause.) He did many stupid things, at certain points it was like watching a child. His personality grated on me and becaause of that I couldn't relate to him. He is a perfect stereotype of a surfer jock (blonde hair, tanned skin, all optimisim and no brains.) For these reasons I will always choose Squall as his superior and Cloud as the Greatest FF hero of all.

Good point!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 03:29 PM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote