KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Guild Wars

Guild Wars
Started by: SaTsuJiN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
an_old_wonderer

some guy at school told me the game got old fast so i didn't get it. is this true though? I haven't played it yet. Or for an example, what game is it similar to?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 11:18 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

hmm.. have you played phantasy star online, or diablo 2?...

basically.. you start off in a city (a lobby).. theres no player limit for city areas... then there are action areas (the game) where anywhere from 2 to I think 4 or 8 players are allowed...basically mission fields and dungeons

then there is the pvp aspect.. that goes from 4 to I think 8 players per team

as for the financial aspect... you buy the game once.. you dont pay for anything else .. you only pay for expansions, if you 'choose' to purchase them.. and the game gets updated often as an MMO would

I ran a guild wars search on Youtube.com.. perhaps youll find videos here that'll give you a better insight

http://youtube.com/results?search=g...p;search=Search

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 01:32 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Meh, I got bored of it after about a week. Theres not a lot of player interaction, you have to form a party and go explore together, you cant just roam around and bump into people, the game loads a different area for each player, so it basically turns into a single player game erm

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 04:18 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

oh man..i was gonna get this too. thnx for the tip tho mist.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 05:46 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
I have not played any video games scince Late September, And I suddently got the urge to play something where I can boost states, have tones of items and such and such.

Ranger Elementist or Ranger Illusionist sounds fun.

One word: Oblivion.

I didnt really like the stat building and RPG elements of this game for some reason, just didnt seem as cool as other RPGs.

My guy was a Ranger/Elemantalist I only picked Ranger so I could have a pet

Originally posted by MadMel
oh man..i was gonna get this too. thnx for the tip tho mist.

Depends what you're into, if you want a good MMO skip this and get Warcraft or something. If you want an RPG, meh, suppose you could give it a go. Personally, I wish I kept my money instead of buying it. erm

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 06:10 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

i dont think im into online mmos, but the graphs on this mad me change my mind..until wat u said.. so ill stick to offline
rpgs

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 06:25 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

I havn't read this thread scince now.

I ended up as Ranger Elemantalist.

Its exactly what I was searching for. (the game) really like it, Worth every penny.

I will Probably start another charcter as a Necro sub-Warrior And dunno what.

March 24th you get to play the expansion demo for free.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 09:34 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by Mišt

Depends what you're into, if you want a good MMO skip this and get Warcraft or something. If you want an RPG, meh, suppose you could give it a go. Personally, I wish I kept my money instead of buying it. erm

also not most all MMO's are $50ish to buy and 10-15 a month to play... which makes it a lot more money to try out then a game like GW. GW is also more about skills, tactics, strategy, and team work, and not about grinding and farming as much as a game like WoW

Old Post Mar 11th, 2006 10:08 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
hmm.. have you played phantasy star online, or diablo 2?...

basically.. you start off in a city (a lobby).. theres no player limit for city areas... then there are action areas (the game) where anywhere from 2 to I think 4 or 8 players are allowed...basically mission fields and dungeons

then there is the pvp aspect.. that goes from 4 to I think 8 players per team

as for the financial aspect... you buy the game once.. you dont pay for anything else .. you only pay for expansions, if you 'choose' to purchase them.. and the game gets updated often as an MMO would

I ran a guild wars search on Youtube.com.. perhaps youll find videos here that'll give you a better insight

http://youtube.com/results?search=g...p;search=Search

I played both, and I was hooked on diablo 2 for about 3 years straight. Phantasy star, i played with my friends for awhile then just kinda went "pff". but it was fun. if guild wars is like a combo with these, i'm definately getting it

Old Post Mar 12th, 2006 06:27 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Error

Code=072

MU HA!!!!!

I'm rich evil face

I now own approx 40 Black Dyes.

Wait... rolling back?
Damned.

Attachment: sans titre.jpg
This has been downloaded 66 time(s).

Last edited by Koala MeatPie on Mar 14th, 2006 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 12:49 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

So basically it will be back at 11:30 EST.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 01:14 AM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

No more 40 black dyes for Koala stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 03:58 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

anyone remember when that happened when they merged the economy? and Ectos and shit were insanely low for like 5 minutes? I made over a million on that

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 04:05 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

...sharing is caring smile

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 04:08 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Originally posted by forumcrew
anyone remember when that happened when they merged the economy? and Ectos and shit were insanely low for like 5 minutes? I made over a million on that

I wouldn't know, I only bought the game last Wensday.

Why did they need to merge the economy? Merge with what?

AH SON OF A F°CK! MY BOW!!!!!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 04:28 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

GRRR

I Spent good money for this program and I expect it to work!
I bet this is all the fault of some new recruit accidentally pressing the "reset" button on the economy.

Just like there is a Reset button on all forums.
Like what happened to Pre-KMC in 2000.

Not its set for 2:00 am EST.

I was actually in-game when this happened.

You couldn't change town, Couldn't change District, or even leave town.
What happened was every Item Suddenly sold for 250gp.

Then the figured it out suppose, and Every Rune Merchant / Dye Merchant Suddenly had no Items to offer.

My guess is that, in addition to rewriting what each merchant is selling in each town, they have to reload the previous state of each member, seeing as each character is stored on there servers.

Nota: I have not played any video games scince October 2005 prior to me buying Guild Wars Last Wensday.

Attachment: sans titre.jpg
This has been downloaded 47 time(s).

Last edited by Koala MeatPie on Mar 14th, 2006 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:19 AM
forumcrew

Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
I wouldn't know, I only bought the game last Wensday.

Why did they need to merge the economy? Merge with what?

AH SON OF A F°CK! MY BOW!!!!!

FoW armor ate up that money otherwise Id share it away because I hardly have played after they added the furnace.. Ive been thinking of getting back into it though. whats your ingame name kozzy?

oh and the economy merge was with korea and europe. they put the 3 together into 1 system.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:39 AM
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

(...)

oh and the economy merge was with korea and europe. they put the 3 together into 1 system.

FoW Armour?

Putting the 3 economies together was a VERY smart idea.
Mostly because of the chaos Theory.

Otherwise Being Rich in the European Districts Could mean being poor in the American and Absolutly Godly in Korea.

And all the Prices would vary tooo much.

Last edited by Koala MeatPie on Mar 14th, 2006 at 05:58 AM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:56 AM
forumcrew

Fissure of Woe armor

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 05:20 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

FoW armor ate up that money otherwise Id share it away because I hardly have played after they added the furnace.. Ive been thinking of getting back into it though. whats your ingame name kozzy?

Galen Zotikos is my main char, W/Mo. I have a presear ranger but I haven't really played him much, Tiargar Ironbow.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 09:15 PM