KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Terminator Picture Thread

Terminator Picture Thread
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Thats the problem, the whole movie was a show pony. Hardly anything was carefully thought out the way good sequels should be.

Thats why there is almost no such thing as a good sequel !

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 10:18 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chriscaffee
I mean it would have been nice if at least one person (other then Silberman) would have recognized the Terminator as the terrorist that single-handidly whiped out a police station and then later took on a SWAT team and destroyed the Cyberdyne lab. I mean you think there would be huge news stories about the completely overt killer that somehow manages to disappear for decades at a time before rising again to do some more damage.

Just little things like that could have made T3 an infinitely better movie.

I completely agree, its something that suck in my mind ever since T3 was first released back in 03. I was thinking, "Man Arnold killed like 20 police officers, broke into Pescadero and broke out a patient, destroyed Cyberdyne, blew up SWAT and cop cars in both the 90's and now, was involved in the destruction of a pet hospital, caused significant damage to several buildings, and kidnapped Kate." "But nobody seems to notice." At least an extra ten minutes of film featuring a news cast of a "Wanted Criminal" and maybe a chopper circling the sky would have made this film a little bit better in my eyes.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 06:58 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I've always had my suspisions that there are reasons that T3 distances itself from the previous movies that aren't entirely clear. Sure it's easy to say Mostow is simply a bad director and didn't pay proper homage to Cameron's original vision, but I think it's something more.

T850? What happened to T800? An excuse for power cells? Okay, then why aren't there any T800s in any of the Terminator 3 video games? They are all T900s. No trace of the original Terminator at all. Very peculiar.

In the special features, like I mentioned before, all previous characters like T1000, Sarah and Reese are portrayed by look alikes and their faces are never shown.

The timeline was unnecessarily altered without good reason.

The "no fate" poem is present, but altered and is such a miniscule part of the film it is easily forgettable.

The Polaroid of Sarah in the desert is nowhere to be found.

There is no explanation for how SkyNet is developed without a Terminator CPU: arm stuck in the gear? the legs from the original 1984 Terminator?

So the story is weak and shares none of the depth of the originals.

The action scenes are all "extreme make overs" of what we've already seen in T2. In fact the movie itself is basically T2 with a less capable cast. I think the reason T3 doesn't resonate as well with the fans is we feel like we've seen it all before, because we have. Sure it's different, but not different enough. The Terminator was something we had never seen before. Terminator 2 was something we had never seen before and it lives on as one of the greatest action movies of all time. Terminator 3 feels like an attempt to cash in on the franchise using advanced computer affects ala Star Wars, LoTR and the Matrix trilogies.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 07:48 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I completely agree, its something that suck in my mind ever since T3 was first released back in 03. I was thinking, "Man Arnold killed like 20 police officers, broke into Pescadero and broke out a patient, destroyed Cyberdyne, blew up SWAT and cop cars in both the 90's and now, was involved in the destruction of a pet hospital, caused significant damage to several buildings, and kidnapped Kate." "But nobody seems to notice." At least an extra ten minutes of film featuring a news cast of a "Wanted Criminal" and maybe a chopper circling the sky would have made this film a little bit better in my eyes.

Enrique Salceda even mentions in T2 that he saw Sarah, John and "your big friend here" on TV. The other character, particularly Lt. Traxler in T1, help to ground the story. There are no characters in T3 that ground the story. It's just one explosive special effect after another with no reguard for real drama. There's action and then there is action.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 07:51 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Enrique Salceda even mentions in T2 that he saw Sarah, John and "your big friend here" on TV. The other character, particularly Lt. Traxler in T1, help to ground the story. There are no characters in T3 that ground the story. It's just one explosive special effect after another with no reguard for real drama. There's action and then there is action.

Well said and true, while attempting to immitate Judgement Day T3 lost sight of some of the simple elements that made the previous films what they were.

(please log in to view the image)

Summaries of the Infiltrator, Rising Storm, and The Future War novels.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 09:06 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

How about some pictures from the Ultimate DVD? Here are some pictures of the minigun from Stembridge gun rentals.

Here we can see that Arnold is obviously not the only person on set able to heft this thing. And at thirty-five pounds and a fire rate slowed to six-hundred rounds per minute (from a selectable rate of 2000 or 4000) and set to fire only blanks, how anyone could believe that is amazing. It should be noted that it says on the DVD itself that Arnold was one of the few people that could lift it for any length of time. Perhaps with the chute and blanks and maybe even the batteries to power it, then I could see what they are talking about, but seriously I could carry a thirty-five pound wait all day, especially if it was this cool looking.

This picture shows some more detail on the weapon itself. Wait a second those don't look like the handholds that were present when that other guy was holding it.

Oh yes. The first Governor to wield a "man portable" minigun. Hell the first man to do so. It appears as though they wanted to have a different image from the movie "Predator" so in T2 they changed the hand holds a bit.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 08:05 PM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Arnie puppet!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:19 AM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:26 AM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:28 AM
chriscaffee

This shot as a whole totally sucks, however this one frame is very good, and that's all that is necessary for a screenshot. smile

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 07:55 PM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:11 PM
Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 09:14 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Question, that game shot up there looking through the Terminators point of view. Is that supposed to be Kate Brewster and John Conner in the pet shop, and if so, why on earth does she have a gun !?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 10:42 PM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Actually its not from the pet shop scene in T3, its from the base of the Resistance in the future when Kate and the others capture the T-850 and attempt to reprogram him and send him into the past. If you look more closely, you will note there is a T-850 or T-900 laying down (apparently unactive) in the background and a computer directly next to Kate. She is also wearing full 'Resistance' attire and a walkie takie in her suit pocket.

Last edited by Praylu on Aug 5th, 2005 at 12:31 AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 12:25 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Ohh, makes sense now.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 11:01 AM
Praylu

Cool, glad to have helped clear it all up.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2005 08:33 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

thumb up

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 01:05 AM
alic88
Barzakh

i do have t3 redemption but i suck so bad in video games that i wasnt able to go a long way.. any1 know of good cheat codes?eh?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 07:32 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

This topic needs an update.

The death of Lt. Vulkovich. A burst of fire from an AR18 followed by two blasts from the SPAS-12 shotgun.

Wasting more cops with the AR18.

The final pursuit.

Cyborgs don't feel pain... or do they? The T-X gets the "wind" knocked out of her from a 40-millimeter grenade to the gut.

Even the T800 isn't immune to his actor's involuntary facial expressions!

We'll forgive Kristanna since she can kick so high.

Stay tuned. More Terminator goodness is coming. I'm going to grab some more T2 shots now.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 08:01 PM
Konjammenson

Cyborgs don't feel pain... or do they?

Nope they sure don't. big grin

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 10:55 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote