KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs Dr Strange vs Professor X vs Superman

lions tigers and bears oh my
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Silver Surfer 19 46.34%
Dr Strange 7 17.07%
Professor X 9 21.95%
Superman 6 14.63%
Total: 41 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Silver Surfer vs Dr Strange vs Professor X vs Superman
Started by: Quick Freeze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

I think it woud be close, but would come down to strange v SS.

Superman would be defeated by stranges magic .
X is a cripple, so cant fight, and would be killed by supes before he could think to use his powers.

Strange eventually beats SS (ss has greater technical power, but his power is useless against the subtaties of stranges magic)

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 09:49 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Well, it's not like Strange is the first magic user Superman's encountered. Supes can hit both Strange and Xavier before they even consider raising a finger. It comes down to Supes and Surfer, in my opinion.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 07:08 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

If this is a first time meeting or a no prep fight. And I am sure it is. You have to give it to xavier. Maybe even strange. because xavier telepathy is alway on, and strange is paranoid. The other two aren't as vulnerable so they would never worry about an invalid and a strangely dressed human. Everyone who has read marvel and follows the x-men knows that if xavier really wants to mess with your mind he can and he will. He stopped an alien invasion force. He birthed on of the most powerful beings in marvel. Legion and Onslaught. because he has scruples doesn't make him weak. Yeah supes, silver and strange can resist the elaborate stuff, butt he doesn't have to be elaborate. He can tell strange that there is no fight and no danger go home and take a bath, and direct him to the nearest active volcano. He can tell the surfer he must save zenn-la and his people from his former master Galactus. Galactus would of course hand the surfer his head. And he can tell superman that he is holding green kryptonite in his hand. Gorilla Grodd did this same thing to superman when the JLA was offering him membership. Batman chewed him out for rushing in against a powerful telepath and putting everybody at risk. I suppose now he can probably resist telepathy. They are always giving him new powers. But I have seen him mind control to many times to believe this.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 08:16 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ebonyblade1

Oh and about that moving faster than thought. unless they have completely erased the laws of physics in dc. Everyone has to accelerate we all (unless we are certain particles that are constantly moving like photons and electrons) start out at 0 mps. Since the brain consist of nuerons that act as a bridge for electrical impulses (thus no need for acceleration), that moving faster than thought really ain't true.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2005 08:23 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

NEVER ever try to bring logic into comic book super heroes again.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 12:06 AM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

laughing yeah what were thinking ebonyblade? but seriously in comics, and handful of heros are known to travel "faster than the speed of thought," but since telepaths are the best thinkers, im assuming they also have faster thought than most people. so i'm still undecided.
it appears everyone else is too. normally in a 4-way match up its narrowed down to 2 but no once can even do that, so. . . smile

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 01:34 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

did surfer and strange ever bumb heads? i know they worked together in the defenders but did they ever actually fight?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 06:35 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

'did surfer and strange ever bumb heads? i know they worked together in the defenders but did they ever actually fight?"

i don't know if they fougth but it seem to me that he knows that surfer is a greater force than himself.

He said to surfer to keep a eye on thanos and stop him if he does something fishy. He said that his the only one with the power to do so.

that's show how he feels about surfer , and reconizes his power are even beyond his own.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 07:39 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

well i think thats because surfer's power is on a cosmic level. he is definately one of the most cosmically powerful beings in the universe. i think he meant a sorcerer, even if it is sorcerer supreme, doesnt even know where to begin to take on a cosmic demi-god. the only thing is that there arent very many superpowerful mystical characters in comics. when you climb the levels of characters in terms of power, it gets more and more space-like and cosmic. strange is the most powerful mystical characters i can think of and he's no match for characters like thanos or darksied. by comparison ss has taken out more powerful dudes but it think that's because there arent any opponants on that level that strange would know how to deal with. if they created a wizard as powerful as thanos then strange would have a much better rep.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 07:53 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

does telepathy give X any form of defence against physical force or is it just offensive to nontelepathst?

Old Post Mar 8th, 2005 11:25 PM
nigel45
The Amazing

Wow, some people really think Xavier has a chance? I wish we could place bets on these threads.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2005 10:46 PM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

technically he can just shut down everyone's mind at the first second

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 12:43 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Surfer if he wants to kill them he will do so very fast .

His faster that Flash , Dr.Strange , and X will be knocked out before they knew what hit them.

Then superman is nothing to the silver surfer.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 03:29 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

he's faser than the flash???

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 06:02 AM
nigel45
The Amazing

Surfer is way faster than Flash, at least over long distances.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 02:09 PM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

i still think that as soon as X knows that these guys exist he can shut down their minds

Old Post Mar 10th, 2005 11:19 PM
nigel45
The Amazing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
i still think that as soon as X knows that these guys exist he can shut down their minds

Maybe, if when the battle starts Supes, Strange, and Surfer just stand there staring at eachother like idiots for a couple seconds. Xavier doesn't just put down powerhouses like these three as easy as he breathes. If Superman doesn't take him out, Surfer will. And I'm not sure but Surfer doesn't seem like the type to be affected by telepathy in the first place.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 12:00 AM
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Xavier won't shut down Dr. Strange's mind. He has the Eye of Agamotto and the Ruby of Dominion. Both make him a super powerful telepath, and allow him to control almost anyone. Dr. Strange has a great chance of winning.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 01:05 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

This is the probability hierarchy of a character winning:

1. Silver Surfer
2. Dr. Strange & Superman
3. Xavier

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 02:05 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

here is how i put it
1. Silver Surfer
2. Superman
3. Dr. Strange
4. Xavier

surfer can move to fast for Dr.S , and Xavier to react , and Superman well his no match for SS

Old Post Mar 11th, 2005 03:25 AM