KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Spider-Man VS Deathstroke

Spider-Man VS Deathstroke
Started by: Quick Freeze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manorastroman

well, in terms of real estate, all normal humans use 100% of their brains.

the unknown is to what capacity we us that 100% real estate.

ps: deathstroke.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 09:20 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by spetznaz
I think they mean conscious control.
Everyone can use most of their brain, but the vast majority of these functions are unconscious/subconscious.
Eg breathing while you sleep, endocrine functions, heart beats, hair growth etc!
Imagine if you could control 90% of those functions.
It would be stupid to, but i guess the angle here is to show that Deathstroke is in total control of his body.

For example let's say we are fighting and i punch your neck! You would immediately go down to the floor gagging and in terrible pain, unable to move. Or let's say i broke your arm! The pain alone would just shut your body down. Even if you wanted to continue fighting. Your body would just shut down, and you couldn;t stop that.
But Deathstroke could.
He could continue fighting with a broken arm, or a crushed larynx (for as long as he had some oxygen left in his blood), or in a room filled with teargas.
He could just shut down body's reflex to crumple in pain, gag, or just collapse.

At least that is what i think they meant by that. Who knows!?
I can stomach that. noted. unlike DS I need a lil push when using my brain. hah

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 01:43 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by jinzin
deathstroke. "just good fighting skills" yeah I guess anybody can pick apart prime members of the JLA. pffft

Good story, good fight. Slade was very impressive and was kicking ass.

But... I had the impression that the JLA wasn't exactly fighting like they should fight, they were just being stupid (Kyle Rayner for example, why did he attack him with his fist ???). And Deathstroke had preptime !

In a random fight with Spider-Man, Deathstroke goes down.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 07:41 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

yeah i still think spidey. remember no prep time!!! he can be a tacticle genius but in a spur of the moment battle there's really nothing ds can do that spidey's sence wont tell him about. it would be very hard to lead spidey into some sort of trap so they would actually have to fight, where spidey would kill him.

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 12:25 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

well now profesor jinzin doesn't need to explain cause all that I needed to say has alreadybeen said. DS takes this one.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 10:22 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Deathstrokes thought process is superior to Spiderman's Spider-sense. Spidey gets a warning and then it's up to him to try and make use of it. Deathstroke sees danger happening and by the time he's thought about doing something he's not only avoided danger, he's countered the attack (this is the way it was discribed in some early issues.) Add superior weaponry and superior strategy what chance does Spidey really have?

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 09:37 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Max Spidey 24
The Batman

Slade Might Take this Im not sure.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 10:30 PM
Max Spidey 24 is currently offline Click here to Send Max Spidey 24 a Private Message Find more posts by Max Spidey 24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Max Spidey 24
The Batman

Closee Match.

Last edited by Max Spidey 24 on Jun 23rd, 2005 at 11:15 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:13 PM
Max Spidey 24 is currently offline Click here to Send Max Spidey 24 a Private Message Find more posts by Max Spidey 24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Isn't the spidey sense a reflex??

Its kinda hard to avoid.............

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:16 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Max Spidey 24
The Batman

10 Tons vs 90% of Brain . Spidey wins In who are you on the street Fight But Slade wins in a Spelling B

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:20 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Technically we use pretty much all of our brains, just different parts for different things.

And its 15 tons baby!!! cool

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:25 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Max Spidey 24
The Batman

lol Spidey kicking it up a noch

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:31 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Well his strength got upped to 15 tons, imagine an angry punch like that, because fighting Deathstroke is truly aggravating, even though spidey is clever in his own right.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2005 11:33 PM
Zenoside
-Insert funny title here-

Re: Re: Spider-Man VS Deathstroke

Originally posted by spetznaz
Let me put it this way.
The only way SPidey would know what killed him would be the incessant buzzing of his spidey sense going off as the entire block he is in detonates!
Deathstroke is Batman on steroids ....plus implants.
He would not only outthink spidey, but would also outmaneuvre him and simply run him to the ground.
You need more than physical abilities to take out Deathstroke.
Deathstroke (like Batman, Doom, TaskMaster and Black Panther), can only be defeated by an opponent with:
1) Strength levels that are just beyond comprehension. And I'm an not talking about SPidey's Class 10 strength but more along the lines of the Hulk's and Thor's Class 100.
2) Intellect and strategic-planning adeptness higher than theirs. I.e to defeat Doom it would really help if you could outthink Doom.

Spiderman loses.
His strength levels (10 tons) are high, but not out of the league of someone who has faced JLA-leagers (even Aquaman is 6 times stronger than Spidey with his 60ton lifting ability).
And Deathstroke is a strategic genius (Peter Parker is good with a test tube and micro-pipette, genius even, but he is not a strategic/tactical combat genius by any measure ...certainly not even close to Deathstroke levels by a longshot).

Deathstroke would do what the Sinister Six was unable to (due to their incompetence). He would finish Spiderman, and i would even go as far as saying that he would find it far easier to finish Spidey than he would find finishing the Batman!

Did you just compare Deathstroke to Batman?.........

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing

You my friend are seriously insulting deathstroke by comparing him to someone who, in these threads, has been shown to be SOUNDLY beaten by Spiderman.

And yeah, Deathstroke (with prep time) would whoop spidey. Sadly.

It would be close even without it.

"Your bedside manner needs work, doc. I t'ink I liked it better when you were kissin' me."- Gambit
"M'sweet, I never gamble... I win. At everything."- Gambit

Last edited by Zenoside on Jun 24th, 2005 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:13 AM
Zenoside is currently offline Click here to Send Zenoside a Private Message Find more posts by Zenoside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Zeno, what up???

Yea i think deathstroke may be too fast, unless he comes to close, or gets webbing in the wrong place, lol.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:17 AM
Zenoside

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Zeno, what up???

Yea i think deathstroke may be too fast, unless he comes to close, or gets webbing in the wrong place, lol.

Yo!

Deathstroke might not be fast enough to compare with Spidey. Can he dodge bullets? *shrug*

I think Deathstroke would be able to outsmart him, with prep time.

Without it, he would put up a hell of a fight.

"Your bedside manner needs work, doc. I t'ink I liked it better when you were kissin' me."- Gambit

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:20 AM
Zenoside is currently offline Click here to Send Zenoside a Private Message Find more posts by Zenoside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Spiderman is a great thinker, as well, of course not on slades level but he is irritating as hell to fight.

Spiderman's precognitive senses won't help, becuase DS has some of the same, but his str, agility, speed, and wallcrawling with webbing with the tensile str of 120 lbs per square millimeter. He can win, its not an easy match like you said.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:34 AM
Zenoside

It would be more interesting if it was a fight to the death. So Spidey wouldnt pull his punches.

Hows a ten ton punch in the face feel?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:41 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Fatal, and his strength has been upgraded to 15..

Do me a favor, i"m going to bring up the Spiderman vs. DD/Wolverine/ and Cap thread, its the funniest thing you'll ever see, where spiderman wasn't going all out, and threw those 15 ton punches, with all his other powers at full force, add velocity to that punch.................

Give me a sec...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:44 AM
Wanderer259

The whole 90% thing? From my understanding, Slade uses 90% of his brain's potential capacity, not '90% of his brain'. Time, distance, etc. are all things Slade's mind can calculate like a computer. Just like the Midnighter, his mind takes pre-existing knowledge of his opponents, current observations, timing, distance, likely movements, etc. and predicts all the infinite possibilities of how a physical altercation could occur. He's a tactical genius, and if you give him prep-time, he's even more dangerous; he's a strategical monster.

Take this, couple it with his own degree of super strength (2-5 tons, I believe), reflexes and a sense of timing that lets him stab/shoot/dodge the Flash, superior weaponry, and fighting skills somewhere around Batman's... you've got yourself one dead spider.

As far as the 'pre-cog' battle goes, I'd say Spider-Man's spider-sense won't help, not against counters. Once he commits himself to a move, Slade will anticipate it and counter it; how can Peter avoid this?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2005 12:46 AM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote