KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Prof X v The Martian Manhunter

Prof X v The Martian Manhunter
Started by: whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pure telepathy Norrin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by norrin radd
this was already been done, MM is a superior telepath, and even if he wasnīt he could mind block from xavier attacks time enough to beat the crap out of him, come on super speed against a guy in a wheelchairs? donīt want to be offensive but xavier is outclassed in this one.

No extra abilities smile It says at the start of the post big grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 31st, 2005 05:25 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Re: Re: Re: Re: Once again, topic messages are for chumps

Originally posted by whirlysplat
read my original post more carefully, and if you didn't mean offence I apologise. big grin

I didn't take it as offensive. I genuinely don't know what the crap you're talking about and just assumed you meant you could annoy me or something.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 05:26 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

No pobsbig grin

Old Post May 31st, 2005 05:26 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

Originally posted by Pepito
My statement proved a lot of things: You're obsessive, you like MM way too much, You can't read................

Anyway if you meausre MM's greatest example of power, the huge destruction beast, against Onslaught, the being who could absorb Franklin Richards and Nate Grey and had to be fought for a year by all the nonmutant earth heroes then it is obvious that Xavier is the stronger.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 31st, 2005 05:45 PM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

true..if Xavier goes "Majin Buu" and absorb little frankie and test tube baby cable...MM is F**Ked up..and that's if Onslaught is in a good mood.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 05:47 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Pepito
Yes because MM beat a millenium giant with about twenty other psychics helping him. Wow he truly is the king of men. All non DC fanatics know that Xavier is by far the best telepath. He beat Cassandra Nova, rewrote personalities and defeated Phoenix and Shadow King. Also his mind created Onslaught showing the power he holds

He never beat Cassandra. Jean did.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:15 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

EVEN IF MM would not be better telepath (Which he is), he could still resist Xavier enough to just walk at Xavier and rip his head away.

quote:
No one is more skilled in the management of psionic skills than J'onn J'onzz. While there are other telepaths with greater power, J'onn is by and large the foremost expert on the subject. From the development of mental fortitudes to the management of his many personalities and filing of memories, J'onn is the greatest authority on the subject. While J'onn is by no means the most powerful telepath in the world, he is decidedly the most skilled in controlling the power that he has. As a martian, he has discovered avenues for his telepathy that normal telepaths haven't been able to. Also, as a man greatly skilled in espionage, J'onn has learned to use his telepathy in subversive and undetectable (to anyone by superior level telepaths and those who know their mind) methods.

With the Martian race having evolved out of a predominantly nomadic race of creatures, telepathy was their natural means of communication which over the centuries the Martians were able to craft into a highly effective state, coming known to be the most adept psions in the cosmos. Now, being the last of his kind, J'onn's mind is often regarded as being the most adept in all of the universe, though technically there are minds greater in power than his (Hector Hammond for example) there is no one that more skilled in the arts of the mind than he. Seen as a premier hero all over the world, beings from all over the cosmos revere the Martian for his psionic abilities and knowledge, making him the foremost authority on the powers of the mind anywhere.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on May 31st, 2005 at 06:19 PM

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:16 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

MM is LEAGUES above Xavier. Go to my thread that Swanky-Tuna generously posted. It says it all.

For god's sake MM was once in connection with every sentinent being in the multiverse. That says it all.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:17 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Originally posted by Draco69
For god's sake MM was once in connection with every sentinent being on Earth. That says it all.

Fixed that for you.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:23 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

No it happened during the "1 Million storyline" during the battle with Solaris.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:24 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

No it happened during the "1 Million storyline" during the battle with Solaris.

?

You mean, the series when the JLA are the guardians of the Solar system, and MM resides on Mars? What issue?

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:25 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

No other powers dark crawler telepathy only

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
EVEN IF MM would not be better telepath (Which he is), he could still resist Xavier enough to just walk at Xavier and rip his head away.

big grin

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:25 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by DarkCrawler

That's what I said in the second thread I linked. Except it was a pop in the nose I think.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:26 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

It was the final battle. MM was holding Ressurection Man (What a god awful codename) in his arms and he connected with every sentinent being to calm them down and inform of them of the "GL Ring" gambit

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:27 PM
Cosmic Cube

You mean, Issue #4 "Death Star?" Could you quote the narration?

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:33 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
You mean, Issue #4 "Death Star?" Could you quote the narration?

Sorry. I don't have the graphic novel with me right now. I don't remember the words. But it was just when Superman was chasing the "kryptonite missile" and when Superman 1mil and GL were in-casing Solaris. Batman said that their "master tactician is still alive"

Although MM may have gotten stronger...

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:40 PM
Cosmic Cube

Sorry. I don't have the graphic novel with me right now. I don't remember the words. But it was just when Superman was chasing the "kryptonite missile" and when Superman 1mil and GL were in-casing Solaris. Batman said that their "master tactician is still alive"

I fugured he would be stronger in the 1 million storyline.

S'Okay though. I'll take your word for it.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:42 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

He must have been. He had eons after all. He must have learned some new tricks. Although all he did was sleep with Martian dirt in Mars.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:47 PM
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

WOW!!! I never knew MM is THAT powerful. All that powerhouse-powers AND telepathy on a level Charly can't even dream of (being connected with every living being in the universe, imagine what that means...puuuh).
I guess we can all agree on the thought that When PX would go fighting without all this ethic bondage he put on himself, most of the X-Teams opponents would go down within seconds...and would never be evil again due to rewritten mindsets.
When MM, an "everyday"-character, is SO MUCH better (witch i don't doubt, given the evidence) - WHAT DOES DC NEED THE OTHER HEROES FOR??? (not a rhetoric question)

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:49 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

I have the comic issue, that's where Superman prime returns I didn't see MM holding anything, or connected to everyone on the multiverse.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 06:51 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote