KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » UNANSWERED QUESTION ABOUT VADER

UNANSWERED QUESTION ABOUT VADER
Started by: david flood

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jimmy986

well i am sure he could have survived without the suit. he would have just had to wheel an oxygen tank around. first i dont think sidious thought he would be cery threatening with that on. second, it would have been hard to chase down rebel scum with it being wheeled behind him. the opted to go with the suit. it seems pretty ovious to me why.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:16 AM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dflood
yeah but i meant something like a lung punture from a saber or something ..........not everyone who is burnt alive and survive ,dresses in a vader suit

can you see my point
No, because anybody burned that badly is usually on some sort of portable resperator for the rest of his/her life.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:00 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

don't know...

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...616#post3904616

Originally posted by kremzike
I'm probably going to investigate this further... just because... but I can tell you that, upon my last viewing of the building scene, you can hear Vader wheezing just before the mask fits into place. I would also speculate that the reason he can't breathe on his own is because he breathed in while he was on fire. Fire feeds on oxygen, and breathing fire into your lungs will cause it to burn them from the inside. Still, I may seek out some more info on this soon. His screaming on the table wasn't as full of breath as it could've been. I figure that, at that point, his lungs were failing & would soon deteriorate to the point where he couldn't breathe at all, so before that happened, he was fitted with the suit that breathes for him.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:20 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
p. skywalker

OK from a truely madical point of veiw.. i worked in an ER for animals for about a year.. I saw a few cats and dogs that had been in fires.. some badly burned and some from smoke inhaltion.. and all of them could still wimper, moan, bark, and meow!.. and some of the same died shortly after. The problem is that the lungs can't heal themselves.. Once damage is done it is done and it gets worse with impurities etc.. also look at the fact that Anakin laid there for a while. constantly breathing in all that smoke around him (causing further damage to his lungs), and if you look at his chest he is breathing and heaving heavely.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:45 AM
Click here to Send p. skywalker a Private Message Find more posts by p. skywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jerlark386
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea. He probably could'nt survive any prolonged period of time without his suit. Besides, he would just look plain ugly without anyways.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:00 AM
Click here to Send jerlark386 a Private Message Find more posts by jerlark386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

thanks kremzike and p skywalker , its a bit clearer now

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 11:16 AM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Whats more annoying is why didnīt vader ask Palpatine to heal him, especially after hinting he learned some secret life creating technique from his master who he killed in his sleep.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

If you look when he is being brought into the lab he has an oxygen mask on, so i think it is pretty obvious that he needs it for extened periods of time, and if he did not have the Vader mask he would definitly die in a short while.
Another stupid thread.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:07 PM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

He inhaled the hot ash/fire and it damanged his lungs.

He can still breathe, but it's very hard, and after a while, he will die.

Vader, without some breathing equipment, suffers from one huge asthma attack. He can live without it for a while, but after a while he'll just choke.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:33 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Another stupid thread.

WHY DO YOU CARE IF IT IS A BAD THREAD OR NOT ., I JUST WANT AN ANSWER . and i think you only said this to impress other members or something . who gives a crap if i start a thread , its not the end of the world .and if you ask me its a good question ,obviously i didnt know the answer ,so i asked , big deal its only a thread,.............

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:51 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

He wasnīt that good looking after getting all burnt up, Iīd wear a mask if I was that ugly.

Mind you considering the technoloical level of the star wars galaxy, cloning going on and all that plus Sidiousīs boast about "creating life" they should have been able to replace a few limbs and stick some bum skin on his face. And with breathing, well look at the robots, they could have surely put an artificial lung in him.

Best not forget its not real, just a movie

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:15 PM
Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

The suit he is in probably does a lot more then help his breathing also. It probably is an air purifier also to clean the air he breaths, and also probably has more features.

Consider the technology in star wars times. Mechanical limbs that function as well as real limbs, death stars, lightsabers, etc... The suit isn't what is keeping him alive. The suit just makes him regain the strength he had before the accident and makes him able to rule the empire still. Vader is a lot like Grevious in that sense. More machine then metal, but still functional killers.

Think of the suit more as helping him become stronger then he was before through advanced technology, rather then the suit keeping him alive.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Tyrant
The Matrix Network

Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I like red better. happy
'

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooo

Old Post Jul 7th, 2005 06:48 PM
Click here to Send Lord Tyrant a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Tyrant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mstr GEKA
Dumb as a Wise Can Be

eek! Had way too many bongs, reality was too hard to live... ended up with emphysema. confused

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Mstr GEKA a Private Message Find more posts by Mstr GEKA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by dflood
but he is screaming his lungs out. that alone is really a sign of his breathing.

Your not seriously going to try and introduce logic into a star wars movie are you?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 04:28 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Precisely. Its not real.......

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 07:00 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Sidious shoulda just given him a bacta bath.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 08:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Originally posted by Bicnarok
He wasnīt that good looking after getting all burnt up, Iīd wear a mask if I was that ugly.

Mind you considering the technoloical level of the star wars galaxy, cloning going on and all that plus Sidiousīs boast about "creating life" they should have been able to replace a few limbs and stick some bum skin on his face. And with breathing, well look at the robots, they could have surely put an artificial lung in him.

Best not forget its not real, just a movie
Yeah, ur right

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 08:57 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Ravenous
The Stoned DarkLord

Its becasue he wanted to be straight gangsta jeez

oh yeah im baaaaaack

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Ravenous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Ravenous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote