KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Could Batman Actually Happen??

Could Batman Actually Happen??
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Simply put: no. Because no human will ever be able to swat aside bullets and kick open trees just by training really hard.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 12:39 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Batman would be SO different in real life:

He wouldn't be "patrolling" like in the comics. He'd be disguised and infiltrating drug and gambling rings, spreading rumors getting gang leaders and such in the open for "The Batman" to strike. He'd also be listening to police radio pretty much every day for random street crime reports, racing to the scene before police. He'd have little to no social life.

His costume would need to have tons of armor and a full mask (no jaw showing). His cape would need to have a practical purpose, such as fire-proof, tear-proof, etc.

His car would be a black SUV with politician-level protection, like tinted windows, bullet proof glass and coating, with electro-shock protection on door handles.

And his fighting style would reflect his mythic reputation. He'd be lurking in the shadows, and causing the criminals to PANIC. That's the most important part. Make them uneasy, make them scared. Eventually, they'll scatter, and he can take them down one-by-one. He's not gonna just jump at a group of armed thugs.

And finally, he'll need to have the physique and strength of a football player and the stamina of a soccer player, with the prowess of an MMA fighter.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 03:25 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stall_19
Herald of Galactus

I'd say no for the simple reason of there would be very little crime to fight. It's not like the comics where there's like a crime every week. I doubt even if there was crime taking place he wouldn't know about it as a city is a big place and you can't watch all of it all the time.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2010 09:01 AM
Stall_19 is currently offline Click here to Send Stall_19 a Private Message Find more posts by Stall_19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

No, Batman cannot happen in real life because Batman is far too advanced for a regular human. To be Batman, your body must be at human peak (which cannot be accomplished; this is a scientific proof). And even if it is homehow possible to achieve human peak, it takes DECADES of training to do so. By the time a person reaches human peak condition, he would be in his 50s or 60s (if not, then older).

People always say that Batman is realistic. And that is not true. His WORLD is more realistic due to it being more grounded. But the Batman character himself is FAR from being realistic.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2010 01:02 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimpleHero

Laugh I love the idea!

I really think this is a good idea and a man with lots of money like you could do a really great job. The gadgets are possible but you may need some sort of gadget to prevent angle break when you land. I know the game isn't real but the boots in portal 2 that prevent injury when landing from great heights, its a good idea so something that would prevent injury for only a few feet could work!

I am really wanting to do a project like this but for small things (non gun included things, obviously) and make my own hero or maybe a hero just for a small youtube project. I have idea's but a 13 year old kid like me living with my family and a tight budget can't really do much. Keeping it secret would be crucial and that's not gonna happen in my house.

Companions or someone to help may be needed and Batman has things hooked up to his computer with someone controlling it back there like Alfred or Oracle.

Free running teaching would also be needed. You might think Batman doesn't do much like that but it is really handy!

Thanks for reading, hope you get back to me soon.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2012 06:31 PM
SimpleHero is currently offline Click here to Send SimpleHero a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleHero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

It's more likely that we discover alien life who develops powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men due to exposure from yellow sunlight than for someone to become Batman.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 06:29 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SimpleHero

Guys, don't think this is spamming but I have created a forum but its not too good at the moment. I have set up a topic like this so if you wish you can go and have a look, make a free account and comment. I think you can quick reply without a profile. Sorry if some things like your status (off-line, on-line) is in a different language, I'm working on it so yeah. Its hidden in this sentence because of the website thinking I am a spammer ooooooohttpoooooooooo://oooooooosimpleherosforumoooooooooo.forumotion.ooooooooooco.oooooooooouk I do still think this batman thing is a great idea, contact me on the forum if you do start something! Thanks, peace out! smile

Old Post Jan 6th, 2012 06:49 PM
SimpleHero is currently offline Click here to Send SimpleHero a Private Message Find more posts by SimpleHero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

The way Nolan created him?

Absolutely.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 08:17 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bat Dude
Batman would be SO different in real life:

He wouldn't be "patrolling" like in the comics. He'd be disguised and infiltrating drug and gambling rings, spreading rumors getting gang leaders and such in the open for "The Batman" to strike. He'd also be listening to police radio pretty much every day for random street crime reports, racing to the scene before police. He'd have little to no social life.

His costume would need to have tons of armor and a full mask (no jaw showing). His cape would need to have a practical purpose, such as fire-proof, tear-proof, etc.

His car would be a black SUV with politician-level protection, like tinted windows, bullet proof glass and coating, with electro-shock protection on door handles.

And his fighting style would reflect his mythic reputation. He'd be lurking in the shadows, and causing the criminals to PANIC. That's the most important part. Make them uneasy, make them scared. Eventually, they'll scatter, and he can take them down one-by-one. He's not gonna just jump at a group of armed thugs.

And finally, he'll need to have the physique and strength of a football player and the stamina of a soccer player, with the prowess of an MMA fighter.

Bat-Dude, please please man... Go to hollywood and teach these guyz a thing or too. I'm soooo on ur wavelength here. Nicely put.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2012 02:38 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

it can't happen because either the police will kill you.. you would die because some1 shot you... or they would find out who all this hi tech stuff is going to and track you down

Old Post Jul 19th, 2012 08:59 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Yep it can def happen.... Dont tell anybody but....... IM BATMAN
Bahaha!!!
On a serious note. I think Batman may work given the amount of money and hard training. However it wouldnt be like the movies. It would be harder and id imagine anyone to don the mantle wouldnt expect a long life.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2012 04:00 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote