KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thing vs. Sabertooth

Thing vs. Sabertooth
Started by: Wonder Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
actually sabretooth is wolverine superior in every way shape and fasion... I'm not sure where your misconception of sabretooth has come from but here... this may help clear things up for you.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ight=sabretooth

Hell, that fight happened right around the same time he got his a** whipped by the Black Cat, Spidey's old girlfriend - she's no heavyweight!
And when did he ever have super-strength to toss Rogue around like that?
All those years I was looking for Wolvie to decapitate Sabretooth, or take a limb off or something, and somehow he never did. Have to keep the feud going, damn.

Did they explain yet in the wolvie mini-series a couple years ago, what the source of the feud is?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 02:53 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by roughrider
Hell, that fight happened right around the same time he got his a** whipped by the Black Cat, Spidey's old girlfriend - she's no heavyweight!
And when did he ever have super-strength to toss Rogue around like that?
All those years I was looking for Wolvie to decapitate Sabretooth, or take a limb off or something, and somehow he never did. Have to keep the feud going, damn.

Did they explain yet in the wolvie mini-series a couple years ago, what the source of the feud is?

My memory might be going crazy on me, but i remember seeing Wolverine win plenty of fights with Sabertooth. I also remember seeing Wolverine put a claw through Sabertooths brain, and that leaving him in a coma.....that he somehow got out of.....goddamn cigarettes messing with people's memory sad

~wickerman~

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:11 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Wickerman
My memory might be going crazy on me, but i remember seeing Wolverine win plenty of fights with Sabertooth. I also remember seeing Wolverine put a claw through Sabertooths brain, and that leaving him in a coma.....that he somehow got out of.....goddamn cigarettes messing with people's memory sad

~wickerman~

Sure; he won one in X-Factor in 1988 - he stabs him once, Sabre falls down, that was it! Wolvie just walks away. F**k, chop him into little pieces already! That's what I mean. evil face

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:29 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

F**k, chop him into little pieces already! That's what I mean. evil face

You know, you'd make a good Sabertooth fan laughing out loud

But IIRC he's beaten Sabertooth on a number of occassions, and i'm sure Jinzin can bring the scans.

Anyway, this is off-topic, seeing as how this discussion doesn't involve Thing as well.

To bring the thread back on-topic, i will ask this. What in your opinion is harder? Organic steel, or thing's skin? Because if it's thing's skin, then Sabertooth doesn't stand a chance.

~wickerman~

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:50 PM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Well, if Wolverine can slice Thing's face, Sabretooth can too with Adamantium claws. Doesn't mean any victory, though. Thing mashes Sabre up bad, then drags across town to face the ultimate enemy -
THE YANCY STREET GANG! eek!

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:54 PM
zachrivard
Kratos

sabertooth get his ass handed to him, thing is a great fighter and has the best fighing spirit in marvel wink

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:58 PM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Well, if Wolverine can slice Thing's face, Sabretooth can too with Adamantium claws. Doesn't mean any victory, though. Thing mashes Sabre up bad, then drags across town to face the ultimate enemy -
THE YANCY STREET GANG! eek!

That's why on the previous page i asked for scans of the wolverine/thing fight. I want to see the exact moment of the "slashing", in order to make an educated assumption.

~wickerman~

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:00 PM
zachrivard
Kratos

i dont think sabertooth is gonna be slashing anything

Dr. Polaris," Arent you gonna wash your hands?" Lex Luthor,"........No, Cause I'm Evil." thanks to digi for the sig

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:23 PM
zachrivard is currently offline Click here to Send zachrivard a Private Message Find more posts by zachrivard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by zachrivard
sabertooth get his ass handed to him, thing is a great fighter and has the best fighing spirit in marvel wink

Quite sure of the outcome eh? Tell me......how can you define "best fighting spirit" ?

Originally posted by zachrivard
i dont think sabertooth is gonna be slashing anything

I need to see the scans first, but if it's true that wolverine slashed thing's face, causing him terrible pain, and if it's true that he didn't need the entire length of his claws to do that, then sabertooth with his superior strength can do even worse. Logic helps wink

~wickerman~

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:39 PM
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

there is no doubt sabretooth can inflict serious damage with his adamantium claws...
but he's not spiderman....he's not gonna dodge everthing....
he has to get up close to ben to slash him.
and getting up close to someone who can lift close to 100 tons with
decades of brawling and wrestling exerience is dangerous!!!!
sabretooth is hella tough and dangerous, but a few punches from
thing should take him out before he can dish out enough damage
to put ben down...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:48 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Zahit
there is no doubt sabretooth can inflict serious damage with his adamantium claws...
but he's not spiderman....he's not gonna dodge everthing....
he has to get up close to ben to slash him.
and getting up close to someone who can lift close to 100 tons with
decades of brawling and wrestling exerience is dangerous!!!!
sabretooth is hella tough and dangerous, but a few punches from
thing should take him out before he can dish out enough damage
to put ben down...

I mostly agree with what you said. That makes the most logic in a virtual battle between the two. However, until i see the scans of wolverine's battle with thing, i'm not gonna say anything, simply because if wolverine can get up close enough, then so can sabertooth.

~wickerman~

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:51 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

wolverine has longer cutting devices.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:59 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

When Wolverine fought Thing he was slashing against IW's field. Thing came up and grabbed Wolvie and body slamed him with one hand like he was a little b!tch. Wolverine and Thing had considered each other friends before this so Thing wasnt expecting Wolveine to go all out against him. Wolverine went berserk and dramatically slashes the THing's face with the full length of his claws (Im not sure where someone came up with the idea that he didnt need the full length?). Wolverine then came to his senses and tell the Thing that he didnt mean it. The Thing tells wolverine that he "surely means this!" and back hands Wolverine out of the building. Despite Wolverine's claws being 12" long he still only cut the exterior of the Things body. Thing has very unique physiology that hasnt really been explained . I dont think Sabretooth's significantly shorter claws are goign to cause anything but superficial damage...asuming that he can cut Grimm.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 05:52 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Wynndar
When Wolverine fought Thing he was slashing against IW's field. Thing came up and grabbed Wolvie and body slamed him with one hand like he was a little b!tch. Wolverine and Thing had considered each other friends before this so Thing wasnt expecting Wolveine to go all out against him. Wolverine went berserk and dramatically slashes the THing's face with the full length of his claws (Im not sure where someone came up with the idea that he didnt need the full length?). Wolverine then came to his senses and tell the Thing that he didnt mean it. The Thing tells wolverine that he "surely means this!" and back hands Wolverine out of the building. Despite Wolverine's claws being 12" long he still only cut the exterior of the Things body. Thing has very unique physiology that hasnt really been explained . I dont think Sabretooth's significantly shorter claws are goign to cause anything but superficial damage...asuming that he can cut Grimm.

You may have worded that in the wrong way, or i may have misunderstood. You're saying it took the entire length of his claws to damage him (12'' ), but that he only scratched his face? If he only scratched his face, that would imply that his claws didn't go in full length. I would imagine getting 3 12'' long adamantium claws through your head would also imply them coming out the other side.....and therefore death. So please re-phrase that, cause i just don't get it.

He either just scratched Ben, which implies he only needed a small part of his claws, the tips that is, in which case Sabertooth that has long enough claws and superior strength ergo superior leverage can do the same if not worse, or he didn't just scratch Ben but rather impaled his face, that implying that he DID need the entire length of his blades to accomplish that feat, and also implying sabertooth couldn't do it.

~wickerman~

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 05:57 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

They went pretty deep...but like I said, the THing's physiology isnt understood. Even if you get a few inches of Depth u still havent touched Bone or muscle. Im saying he still needed the full length of his claws. Just because it wasnt a 12" deep wound doesnt mean it could be accomplished with smaller claws. Just as if you take a full swing with a katana at a highly durable object and cause superficial damage...it doesnt mean that one could accomplish the same thing with a buck knife. Further more, after Sabretooth got adamantium his claws didnt have that 6" appearance like they had in his classic depiction. They looked more like long metal fingernails.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:03 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

They went pretty deep...but like I said, the THing's physiology isnt understood. Even if you get a few inches of Depth u still havent touched Bone or muscle. Im saying he still needed the full length of his claws. Just because it wasnt a 12" deep wound doesnt mean it could be accomplished with smaller claws. Just as if you take a full swing with a katana at a highly durable object and cause superficial damage...it doesnt mean that one could accomplish the same thing with a buck knife. Further more, after Sabretooth got adamantium his claws didnt have that 6" appearance like they had in his classic depiction. They looked more like long metal fingernails.

Yeah, the whole "internal organs are solidified" thing. I gotcha, but still, having even a 5'' deep gash in your face (not to mention three) is something pretty crazy. I'd say there's something dubious about that, some sort of bad writing. Either wolverine shouldn't have gotten that much out of a slash, or thing shouldn't be standing.....or breathing. I'd go for the first option though.

~wickerman~

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:06 PM
Colossus21

saberooth killed wendigo i am sure he can kill a walking pile of rock.....probably jubilee could....but then again thing has "heart" and thats makes him stronger then TOAA or the presence

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:07 PM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Id say it wasnt the best of writing. Defalco had the Thing die or come close to dying a dozen times. Always depicted him getting his ass kicked. I think that wolverine had previosly tried using his claws on the Thing with no effect...just like the Hulk.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:09 PM
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Id say it wasnt the best of writing. Defalco had the Thing die or come close to dying a dozen times. Always depicted him getting his ass kicked. I think that wolverine had previosly tried using his claws on the Thing with no effect...just like the Hulk.

The way i've heard it is that in continuity, the Hulk himself has stated that Wolverine did indeed cut him every time, but his regeneration was so fast that the gashes basically closed the second they were made.
And what issue comic is this fight from? Seeing as how nobody's providing scans, maybe i can dig something up.

~wickerman~

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:11 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

its issue 374...sorry I dont have most of my collection with me while Im at school.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:18 PM