KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » starship troopers

starship troopers
Started by: crazy_shadow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by crazy_shadow
whoever said it was supposed to be a scary game... and yeah of course they just charge at you, do you think their gonna go "hey bud" and shoot somethin at you? lol

the demo for doom 3 sucked ass too, but when i got the real game, i was addicted for about 4 months straight, and i still play every now and then. same with diablo 2, demo sux, then the game i played for 3 YEARS straight. demo's suck, just face it

Who said anything about it being scary?

They're nothing wrong with charging enemies. For example, the ant lions in HL2 (complete rip offs from starship troopers), were awesome because they charged. But the difference is that that was only 2-3 hours of an 20 hour game.
The problem of this game, is that this will be the entire game. I dont know about you, but having the same bug but with different colours charge at you for hours, will get boring.
Also, if this is from the movie, the areas of the game will get boring also. Seeing the same rock formation, colour and cliffs for the entire game will get boring. (Due to the fact that its based on a movie that has the majority of battles on land and in caves, I cant really see that it wont be like this)

Yeah, demo's usually dont show all the game, but it shows whats its capable of. But the problems with this demo isnt that they showed a bad level or something, the problems are more than that. Hit or Miss is correct, the same fear people have from watching the movie is completly different from the game.
The part on where you get attacked by the bugs at the outpost was ridiculous. They're was nothign hard about it. You sat there and shoot at them while the bump into each other.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:01 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Who said anything about it being scary?

They're nothing wrong with charging enemies. For example, the ant lions in HL2 (complete rip offs from starship troopers), were awesome because they charged. But the difference is that that was only 2-3 hours of an 20 hour game.
The problem of this game, is that this will be the entire game. I dont know about you, but having the same bug but with different colours charge at you for hours, will get boring.
Also, if this is from the movie, the areas of the game will get boring also. Seeing the same rock formation, colour and cliffs for the entire game will get boring. (Due to the fact that its based on a movie that has the majority of battles on land and in caves, I cant really see that it wont be like this)

Yeah, demo's usually dont show all the game, but it shows whats its capable of. But the problems with this demo isnt that they showed a bad level or something, the problems are more than that. Hit or Miss is correct, the same fear people have from watching the movie is completly different from the game.
The part on where you get attacked by the bugs at the outpost was ridiculous. They're was nothign hard about it. You sat there and shoot at them while the bump into each other.
yeah but think of it this way the full version if it is just like the movie, you'll be going threw bug tunnels, defendin that base, running on the field, and the game cant be THAT short so their probably gonna end up taking more. i was reading the review it said that part of the game takes 10 years ahead of the 2nd movie

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 03:07 AM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Would you like to know more???

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 04:35 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

All those things you mention have already been done.
Bug tunnels = office corridors

All those levels sound boring. From the demo, running of the field will look the same, like both of the movies.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 06:00 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I hope its better then whats coming across...

what would improve it??

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 02:14 AM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote