KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » KOTOR sucks

KOTOR sucks
Started by: Deus Ex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Look, Nactous, we appreciate that you obviously like KotOR very much. However, that does not mean that you have to waste bandwidth because you have an infatuation with the aforementioned game.

If you love KotOR so much, then why don't you close the browser window, and play it right now?

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I see where you are coming from but if you always went by the origional then Luke and Leia would be midgets,Boba would be dead, and it would have been obvious that in ROTS Sids threw the fight.

Just to throw people off I will always go with the movies over any other source.
Oh yeah.

But Luke and Leia practically ARE midgets, Boba DESERVES to be dead, and frankly, Palpatine's victory over Mace and his quick recovery afterwards, and the explanation of being super-powerful enough to beat Yoda would make a whole lot more sense if GL would just say that Palps took a dive in order to inspire sympathy from Anakin.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2005 10:37 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Koroni
Grey Sith

Why should any part of RotS make sense when almost all of the movie had none?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth Koroni a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Koroni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucius
Unknown

I happen to be avid KOTOR fan...more than Nactous...and this thread does not bother me not all.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 02:28 AM
Click here to Send Lucius a Private Message Find more posts by Lucius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

I, I doubt that. But if you wish Ush, i will control myself.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 12:39 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

It's pretty sad when a game totally pwns the films!!

just like kotor did to the prequals

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 01:13 PM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

Originally posted by Ogami Itto
It's pretty sad when a game totally pwns the films!!

just like kotor did to the prequals

I agree.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

Originally posted by Veneficus
I happen to be avid KOTOR fan...more than Nactous...and this thread does not bother me not all.

Oh, I doubt that.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 03:55 PM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I find it sad when a videogame dominates the fantasies of a person. i.e. Nactous.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2005 10:45 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Originally posted by Nactous
I dont think it has a use, if I was a mod i'd shut it down.

That's called bias. That's why you're not a mod. wink

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 01:29 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

KOTOR is part of the Expanded Universe, which seems to be part of the forum's title.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 02:32 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nai
Advocatus Diaboli

Originally posted by SS_181st_Snow
[B]What? The movies don't have inconsistencies? They're worse than KOTOR in that department.

Oh...really ? Where are all that inconsistencies in the movies. Either you don't understand the movies or you did never have a close look on KotoR.

What about :
- Revan and Malak using the title "Darth" nearly 3,000 years before it was invented
- Tulak Hord. An entire person who could never have existed like this because of horrible inconsistencies around his person. He must have died before Sadow (to have a tomb on Korriban) on the other handside he used a lightsaber and the Sith did discover that weapons first after Sadows time
- tombs on Korriban of Sith Lords that can't have existed (Hord) or couldn't have been burried on the planet because they died 600 years after the downfall of the Sith Empire on the other side of the Galaxy (Naga Sadow)
- stupid item boni (like Marka Ragnos gloves giving special lightsaber talents despite the fact Ragnos never used a lightsaber)

quote:

But, no, being movies, they're canon, and you can come up with an excuse as to why leia can remember her mothers face, even tho padme died ten seconds after she gave birth. "But the force.." *Shakes head in disgust*

Oh yes. A single person able to go through a planet filled with knowledge while leading a war against the Republic or the ability to learn things in weeks other people needed years for (Revan) is much more logical than Leia remembering Padme. It's nearly as logical as somebody remembering NOTHING from his former life except the exact positions of some 10,000 of years old artifacts he once found.

KotoR is one of my favourite games but you realy can't say it's more acceptable as "canon" material than the movies.

"Dear God, what is it like in your funny little brains?"

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 10:58 AM
Click here to Send Nai a Private Message Find more posts by Nai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

It's already weird that there are inconsistancies.. Anywhere. Before writing anything Star Wars they should do their homework better, I don't think it is impossible these days to NOT make errors, but that's my opinion.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 02:57 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nai Fohl
Oh...really ? Where are all that inconsistencies in the movies. Either you don't understand the movies or you did never have a close look on KotoR.

What about :
- Revan and Malak using the title "Darth" nearly 3,000 years before it was invented
- Tulak Hord. An entire person who could never have existed like this because of horrible inconsistencies around his person. He must have died before Sadow (to have a tomb on Korriban) on the other handside he used a lightsaber and the Sith did discover that weapons first after Sadows time
- tombs on Korriban of Sith Lords that can't have existed (Hord) or couldn't have been burried on the planet because they died 600 years after the downfall of the Sith Empire on the other side of the Galaxy (Naga Sadow)
- stupid item boni (like Marka Ragnos gloves giving special lightsaber talents despite the fact Ragnos never used a lightsaber)

Oh yes. A single person able to go through a planet filled with knowledge while leading a war against the Republic or the ability to learn things in weeks other people needed years for (Revan) is much more logical than Leia remembering Padme. It's nearly as logical as somebody remembering NOTHING from his former life except the exact positions of some 10,000 of years old artifacts he once found.

KotoR is one of my favourite games but you realy can't say it's more acceptable as "canon" material than the movies.

Ah, chit its Nai Fohl, all you all KotOR haters are in trouble.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tangible God
I find it sad when a videogame dominates the fantasies of a person. i.e. Nactous.

Is this a topic about attacking KotOR or me, I am mentioned in almost every post.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 04:03 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Supposively they DID do their homework, but I think with that many people working on a project, wires got crossed.

In any case, the main goal of a game is fun, not ocnsistancy.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 04:03 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by Tangible God
Oh yeah.

But Luke and Leia practically ARE midgets, Boba DESERVES to be dead, and frankly, Palpatine's victory over Mace and his quick recovery afterwards, and the explanation of being super-powerful enough to beat Yoda would make a whole lot more sense if GL would just say that Palps took a dive in order to inspire sympathy from Anakin.

haha, I'm a beliver in the Sids diving theory too.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 05:53 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by Deus Ex
Supposively they DID do their homework, but I think with that many people working on a project, wires got crossed.

In any case, the main goal of a game is fun, not ocnsistancy.

No, no. I meant that a game should be about ocnsistancies! hahaha, whatevz..
Anyway, they could have done their homework better, sure it was just for fun, but an RPG represents story too! They could for example note the times to avoid what Nai Foj was talking about.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 06:08 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

The only really bad thing is the title Darth but well for all we know they came up with the title for the first time. Doesn't really matter all that much to me, a stupid mistake but hell it works for a lot of people.

And of course the game has its mistakes, but most pieces of EU contradict something, whether it be the movies or another piece of EU. Really it shouldn't matter all that much. You just have to look at the bigger picture.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 06:28 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Hey, Fishy. Couldn't they have just set the whole KotOR history some years further? I don't know much about KotOR (i'm just commenting on other peoples info) but would that have made it right or would that create even more inconsistancies?

Old Post Oct 13th, 2005 09:05 PM