KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Galaxies, what happend?

Star Wars Galaxies, what happend?
Started by: CobbleR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

WOW

What a waste OF our Wordly time...

But hey, It's their youth they are wasting!
After a few years they can look back and see what they have gotten for their devotion. And that certainly isn't much...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by overlord
Hahaha! Yeah, my friends are even not going out because of that game. And when they do.. They are all talking about WoW in the pub. It's quite annoying.

I know the feeling. Of course, Halo 2 isn't much better. I have friends and old roommates who still play both WoW and Halo 2 for over a year now. I'm surprised they don't have cramped thumbs yet.
I think it's realy stupid.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Its a shame that a lot of SWG gamers got distrcated by WoW - they ae pretty similar tbh; but WoW is a wannabee copy of Lord Of The Rings - which is on par with SW for best franchise etc. - while SWG is the real 'thang' as it were :P.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 07:32 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

At least WoW music videos have partial nudity
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/nudewow.html

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

That is disturbing.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really don't give a shit. Your emotions are none of my concern.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

If you wish to stare at animated naked women do so......But its animated dude!!!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 02:35 AM
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
WoW is a wannabee copy of Lord Of The Rings - which is on par with SW for best franchise etc. - while SWG is the real 'thang' as it were :P.

I have to agree with you on that level, but for all you people saying WoW gamers are wasting their lives, you would have to say the same thing about everyone that plays video games. I liked SWG because it was Star Wars but with the removal of a lot of fun professions and my favorite one, I don't see myself switching back to it. WOW is fun, if you're friends play it and you want to relate with them, then go buy a copy rather bashing on it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 07:52 AM
Click here to Send CobbleR a Private Message Find more posts by CobbleR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

I change my mind about agreeing with Exanda, the cinematic trailer makes it seem that way but if you actually played the game you would know that it's not.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 08:25 AM
Click here to Send CobbleR a Private Message Find more posts by CobbleR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Fair enuf CobbleR. Just letting you know I have played WoW adn can still make that judgement.

Im just reinvigorating this thread to ask if anybody is playing SWG at the mo and how they like the NGE (New Game Enhancements). My subscription has run out for the time being so I've been cut off as it were.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:35 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Mine ran out too and I havne't bothered to revive it.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:39 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

lol. well I just stumbled upon the new-look website and was intrigued by peoples opinion.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:44 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Good or bad?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:48 PM
exanda kane

As I said, my subscription ran out just days before it was updated so I dont know.

Its a shame you can't multi-task on Professions. I was a Master Architect, Master Artisan, Master Smuggler. Or at least I dont think you can....

Last thing I remember was my guild had a humungous civil war with one of the leaders surrounding the city with his building so the city couldnt grow...which was nice... whistle

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:02 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

That sounds interesting. I barely played long enough to get anywhere, though I did hit every unique locale on Tattooine.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:05 PM
exanda kane

It is. But all the planets do feel empty and thats a shame. When you have such a inconic license as Star Wars and use one of its signature planets like Tatooine and dont even fill it with much content its just a harroiwng experience going there.

Plus i am in need of a new video card...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:22 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

My computer is uber now, better than it was when I last played the game, so hopefully lag won't be an issue.

But yeah, the planets are pretty dead. And I don't care for the repetitive missions. Few of them are ever scaled to my level. Like when I was new I took an Imperial mission. Guy sends me to an abandoned Imp base loaded with Tuskan Raiders, the likes of which I could never hope to defeat, even one on one.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:36 PM
exanda kane

Well before the new update everything was focused on a Dantooine Grind - players would get up to Combat Level 80 in days...not sure if that still happens though.

And it was because of that grind that I stopped with the grinding and went for crafting professions which can be very satifying when your lounging around the house you crafted from materials you located and mined, and the furniture all of which you made, just hanging on guild chat.

Plus I only have half the physical memory that i ecommended to play it...so Combat got a little laggy most of the time aswell as transport between planets.

Another thing that begun to bug me was the emphasis on high level only quests, leaving little to do for anyone else apart from grinding, Mustafa (the latest planet added) pretty much neglects low levels entirely...

But I had a lack of interest when playing WoW I returned to SWG.

And dammit! Why cant they just shove content from every other SW game into SWG!
I mean wouldn't Taris or Dxun just be brilliant?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:50 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

They would be brilliant. Especially Dxun, which I thought was a neat looking planet (Second to Manaan and Korriban).

I was not terribly impressed with Correllia, but then again I didn't get to view it very good before because I had a weaker computer. Now it probably looks amazing.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:56 PM