KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Star Wars III...a success or dissapointment to the Star Wars series

Star Wars III...a success or dissapointment to the Star Wars series
Started by: Ultimate-Venom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I thought it was a success. It's my favorite out of the 6 but then again that's just me. I'm not really picky, I just want something that's enjoyable and to me, each of these movies is something that you can just sit back and enjoy. I don't care if some things are cheesy. It's Star Wars.

I like George.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Anakin was cooler
Yoda was more bad @$$
More lightsaber fights (plus one with IG-100s)
Huge action scenes
Success all the way

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:11 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Holy crap, are there ever a difference of opinion here.
I think the OT has just had so long to get imbeded in our heads. that we think it is sooooo good. To me all the movies are the same with same acting and same principles of action and story telling.
They all have action at the start, story, action in the middle, story and action at the end.
I would just like to know if the people that hated the PT did you go out and buy EP 1 2 3 on DVD?
If you don't like them just do what I did with Kill Bill 2 (which sucked) I just treat Kill bill 1 as that is where it ended.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:16 AM
Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No. Just no.

Now that I can agree with... One of the only reasons the PT is watchable.

Agreed on all accounts. This movie had the second-wrost writing of the lot. Ditto the acting. (Second only to Episode II, of course)

The frog-bouncing acrobatics of Yoda is pathetic. The fact that it was the highlight of Episode II just added to the fact that that film is pretty much useless in every sense of the word. It's just plain embarassing. Thank God that was toned down for III... I much prefered the "wizard" battle between Palpatine and Yoda than the lightsaber battle. In my opinion, neither of them should have EVER gotten their sabers out.

I laughed too. But I like it... I think it fits. After all, Vader is a pathetic character. Perhaps that's the reason some people don't like the PT... because it turns Vader into a sissy.

The thing is, sure there are five lightsaber battles, but they are some of the worst ones in the saga... They are messy, emotionless, and usually just silly. Sure they're fun to look at, but they don't compare to the brilliance of the duels in ESB and ROTJ.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (A New Hope - about Anakin): "He was the best starfighter in the galaxy..." They've always been starfighters...

Dodo gets a cookie on all counts, IMO.

The opinions being put as facts annoys the hell out of me, just to put that out there. That's a fact. no expression

If you really think about it, TPM was more like the OT than any of the other movies, and had the best acting.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:27 AM
Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
No. Just no.

Now that I can agree with... One of the only reasons the PT is watchable.

Agreed on all accounts. This movie had the second-wrost writing of the lot. Ditto the acting. (Second only to Episode II, of course)

The frog-bouncing acrobatics of Yoda is pathetic. The fact that it was the highlight of Episode II just added to the fact that that film is pretty much useless in every sense of the word. It's just plain embarassing. Thank God that was toned down for III... I much prefered the "wizard" battle between Palpatine and Yoda than the lightsaber battle. In my opinion, neither of them should have EVER gotten their sabers out.

I laughed too. But I like it... I think it fits. After all, Vader is a pathetic character. Perhaps that's the reason some people don't like the PT... because it turns Vader into a sissy.

The thing is, sure there are five lightsaber battles, but they are some of the worst ones in the saga... They are messy, emotionless, and usually just silly. Sure they're fun to look at, but they don't compare to the brilliance of the duels in ESB and ROTJ.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (A New Hope - about Anakin): "He was the best starfighter in the galaxy..." They've always been starfighters...
Oh Yeah, totally agree. thumb up

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by Alkaselzer
Dodo gets a cookie on all counts, IMO.

The opinions being put as facts annoys the hell out of me, just to put that out there. That's a fact. no expression

If you really think about it, TPM was more like the OT than any of the other movies, and had the best acting.
The more I think about it, the more I think you're right. blink

I've had a much higher respect for TPM now that the saga's complete. Gonna haveta do a "saga day" soon.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 02:59 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthvader_fan
Dazed and Confused

how can you even say ROTS and dissapointment in the same sentence

im the coolest guy there is GO CHIEFS

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send darthvader_fan a Private Message Find more posts by darthvader_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I'm not entirely sure myself, unless the word 'not' is in there between them.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 03:30 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Originally posted by Adamwankenobi
You know something, ALL ACTING IN STAR WARS ISN'T THAT GREAT. Now I know you nastalgics have sucha hard time letting go, but you mustadmit, the acting was never any better in the OT than it is in the PT. Plus, you mnusn't forget that Luke's "NOOOOO!!!!!!" in ESB is just as cheasy as Vader's in EOTS.

Amen to that yes

I think that it was a success. It filled in a lot for me. I had a lot of questions before I watched the PT that were answered.

((didn't I already make a thread on this?))

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 04:22 AM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Why would you say amen to that? Do you think Harrison Ford did a bad job for example, he didn't. I only noticed very bad acting in AotC and ROTS.
Doesn't mean I think ROTS is terrible what you all would despise, it's just.. true!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 12:45 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aj_vader

Revenge Of The Sith is a great movie, but i dont really like saying it, because its a whole now, all 6 are finished? maybe not? and wots wrong with that? so what if Mr.Lucas wants to go and twinker with his movies, if u dont like it, watch the versions you do like and don't complain. Lucas isnt making you watch it, you choose to. Im sorry if i seem a bit angry, but it bugs me when people moan about new versions of star wars.

well erm... my order of movies if i had to choose would be :

1. Revenge Of The Sith (Fall To The Darkside)
2. The Empire Strikes Back (Family Re-united)
3. Attack Of The Clones (Anakin Loves Padme)
4. A New Hope (The Princess Is Captured)
5. Return Of The Jedi (Attack Of The Ewoks)
6. The Phantom Menace (The Adventures Of Jar Jar)

The Brackets are my quick some of the movies smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 02:03 PM
Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by aj_vader
and wots wrong with that? so what if Mr.Lucas wants to go and twinker with his movies, if u dont like it, watch the versions you do like and don't complain. Lucas isnt making you watch it, you choose to. Im sorry if i seem a bit angry, but it bugs me when people moan about new versions of star wars.

So you suddenly want to pick up that old fight again, huh? Let's face it, the latest updates were more stupid than ever, now I can't buy the complete 6 episodes DVD boxset because of those horrible alterations, and that is why I have the right to complain.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 03:43 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i totally agree with what somone said to me the other day. Movie critics go to the movies for all the wrong reasons, and they seem to forget that they're SUPPOSED to have fun at the movies - that's why im not critical in any way towards the entire saga. It's a complete waste of timing complaining imho

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

i admit i like the lightsaber duels in ROTS but im not trying to get everyone else to like what i like and what the **** does he mean its a fact if it wernt for the OT the PT would not exist i like the prequels better but thats my opinion people can like what they want but it isnt a ****ing fact

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by Stun
i totally agree with what somone said to me the other day. Movie critics go to the movies for all the wrong reasons, and they seem to forget that they're SUPPOSED to have fun at the movies - that's why im not critical in any way towards the entire saga. It's a complete waste of timing complaining imho

Just speak to me directly instead of these off topic low blows. miffed
That way you can even respond to arguments.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 05:52 PM
aj_vader

hey, id just like to say am sorry if i offended anyone, but its just the way i feel about it, i dont mean to upset people. "thats the last thing mesa want" (GOD I HATE THAT GUY! JAR JAR GO TO HELL!!!)

sorry but i hate jar jar, if there are any jar jar fans then plz come forward, if u like him then you have a gift! lol

once again, sorry if i offended any one, i like to keep the peace smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 06:38 PM
Click here to Send aj_vader a Private Message Find more posts by aj_vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

It was definitely a success. It is the third highest gorssing star wars film, and my favorite out of all six.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2005 08:44 PM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote