KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respek Spider-Man!!

Respek Spider-Man!!
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grimm22
Peter hasn't done any experiments on gamma radiation and has no backround in that type of science

I doubt he is going to somehow figure out how to kill Hulk in his head without any experience in studying Hulk's powers

You're not convincing me. Peter's shown nothing but extremely genius intellect. I see absolutely no reason at all why he couldn't have developed a method of defeating the Hulk in his spare time (yea, even he has spare time every now and then). He's also been highly-advanced in the field of science, which includes gamma radiation and the such.

He's faced Hulk enough times to want to come up with a contigency plan to defeat him--even if that means killing him. I don't understand why you're trying to discredit his ability here. no expression

To my knowledge, Reed has no background in gamma radiation, and yet I doubt you'd say he couldn't whip up a plan to defeat Hulk in about thirty seconds. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2006 04:09 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Scoobless
Here's that page where he tells MJ he has already taken time to prep for everyone in the MU

(please log in to view the image)

In your face Batman fanboys!

stick out tongue

Well that doesnt mean hes as good at prep as Batman. He also said that other heroes have done the samething as well.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 04:28 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Alfheim
Well that doesnt mean hes as good at prep as Batman. He also said that other heroes have done the samething as well.

Exactly.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 05:40 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Here's that page where he tells MJ he has already taken time to prep for everyone in the MU

(please log in to view the image)

In your face Batman fanboys!

stick out tongue

That's an awesome scan. cool

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 08:02 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by capt it up
with out massive prep hell no

Of course with prep... that's the whole point.... it's not like he's claiming that he can punch the Hulk's head off or anything.

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 08:46 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Metalmanx

To my knowledge, Reed has no background in gamma radiation, and yet I doubt you'd say he couldn't whip up a plan to defeat Hulk in about thirty seconds. roll eyes (sarcastic)

When have I ever precived Reed to be that smart no expression

Actually with about a day of prep Reed was able to create a device that rendered Hulk Unconscious, with a couple more days he was able to change the device to make Hulk stronger than he had ever been before for a brief matter of time no expression

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 06:28 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Of course with prep... that's the whole point.... it's not like he's claiming that he can punch the Hulk's head off or anything.

no expression

Not really how the scan precived it though erm

In the scan, Peter is saying that he already has a full proof plan to stop Hulk, does he? Hell no

However, with prep could he stop Hulk? Yes.

I think thats a fair assesment

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 06:30 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

In the scan, Peter is saying that he already has a full proof plan to stop Hulk, does he? Hell no

Why not? ... if he says he's got a plan to do it then I'd be inclined to believe him.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 01:49 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Why not? ... if he says he's got a plan to do it then I'd be inclined to believe him.

Indeed.

And I don't see why there's even a problem with believing it. confused

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 07:13 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Indeed.

And I don't see why there's even a problem with believing it. confused
\
Aye.

"I've already designed fail safes to take out the Hulk"

NO YOU DIDN'T! HE LIES! PETER ISN'T THAT SMART!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is there ANY evidence that Pete HASN'T already determined how to take out the hulk? No?

Okay, is there any evidence that he HAS?

Yeah...him talking to his friggin WIFE, whom I doubt he'd lie to.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 07:57 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

Another thing to consider is that writers don't put words in characters' mouths for no reason... if Peter is saying it, then the writer is saying it, and Marvel comics is condoning it.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 12:26 AM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Soljer
Is there ANY evidence that Pete HASN'T already determined how to take out the hulk? No?

Okay, is there any evidence that he HAS?

And it was in a storyline where the villain was empowered by gamma radiation that made him stronger the angrier he got.

smile

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 12:51 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Jade Lightning
Another thing to consider is that writers don't put words in characters' mouths for no reason... if Peter is saying it, then the writer is saying it, and Marvel comics is condoning it.

Damn straight.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 01:06 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

There's a difference between exaggerating and lieing no expression

Pete's saying that if he had too he could find a way to stop Hulk.

He's not saying he already has a full proof plan and all the gadgets and whatnot he needs to take down Hulk

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 02:35 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

There's a difference between exaggerating and lieing no expression

Pete's saying that if he had too he could find a way to stop Hulk.

He's not saying he already has a full proof plan and all the gadgets and whatnot he needs to take down Hulk

"So, does that mean you've figured out how to beat [the hulk]?"

"Could you really beat the Hulk?"

"Yeah, yeah I could."

Where is the hyperbole? Where is the exaggeration?

"So you've thought about how to take the Hulk"
-Yeah
"Could you beat him?"
-Yeah

No matter how much you may try, Grimm...you certainly aren't rending this feat from Parker.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 05:52 AM
Accel

It's not that hard to believe. Like Scoob said, no one means to interpret this that he'd take down the Hulk in a purely physical battle, but more along the lines of what he did against Absorbing Man, where he used prep and his resourcefulness. In that fight, instead of trying to beat down Creel, he tricked him into absorbing two different chemicals that would explode if they came in contact with one another.

He could possibly do something similar against Hulk- possibly lure him somewhere where he'd have something available to mess with the gamma radiation in his body. What ever he has planned for such an occasion is speculation, but it leaves itself open to the imagination. Although, at the same time, it's also possible he may just be cocky, like other geniuses who thought they had a way to take out Hulk and failed.

Just my 2 cents on the matter, but overall, the topic doesn't need to be the center of focus in this thread.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 06:10 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

In the scan, Peter is saying that he already has a full proof plan to stop Hulk, does he? Hell no.

Why are you so against Peter having a fool-proof plan to stop Hulk? He says he does, he's not one to lie. Of course it's with prep. He's not going to web Hulk to do or anything. And he's damn well smart enough to do so, too.

I don't understand why this is so hard to understand.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 06:16 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Peter never says he has a plan to stop Hulk no expression

He's saying that if he had too, he could find a way to stop Hulk

Peter isn't implying that he already knows how to stop Hulk

Rather he is saying that if he had too, he COULD find a way to stop Hulk

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 03:11 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Peter never says he has a plan to stop Hulk no expression

He's saying that if he had too, he could find a way to stop Hulk

Peter isn't implying that he already knows how to stop Hulk

Rather he is saying that if he had too, he COULD find a way to stop Hulk

Hmm....

So what is your excuse, Grimm? Ignorant, or illiterate?

Re-read that scan. Here, I'll summarize for you:

"You must have thought how to beat the Hulk." As in, ALREADY considered and thought about it.
"So, did you figure out how to beat him? ... Could you really beat the Hulk?"
"Yeah, yeah I could."

Where is the discrepancy?! Jesus!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 04:46 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Hmm....

So what is your excuse, Grimm? Ignorant, or illiterate?

Re-read that scan. Here, I'll summarize for you:

"You must have thought how to beat the Hulk." As in, ALREADY considered and thought about it.
"So, did you figure out how to beat him? ... Could you really beat the Hulk?"
"Yeah, yeah I could."

Where is the discrepancy?! Jesus!

He even goes on to say "And the only way to do it, would be to kill him."

Obviously, he has a plan, and just as clearly, he has already devised a way to take out the Hulk, that evidently, involves killing him.

Grimm, I don't know what scan you read, but try reading it again... the proper one. The entire conversation Pete and MJ are having is about creating plans to take down other heroes if the need arises. MJ even points out that Peter "has thought about it for a while." Where are you confused?

I mean, it's right there for you, in black and white. "So in that case... you must've thought about how to beat the Hulk."

To which Peter answers, "That's right."

And then the conversation goes on to the points that Soljer so kindly brings up.

Seriously, I'm curious. What don't you understand?

Last edited by H. S. 6 on Nov 6th, 2006 at 10:25 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2006 10:22 PM