KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respek Spider-Man!!

Respek Spider-Man!!
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 36 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kid Kurdy

It's not because Peter says he has a plan to beat Hulk, that it's a fail proof plan. Spider-Man's plans don't always go like he wants.

To say the least.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 12:31 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Didn't he lure him to a building when he just started to get mad and beat him? Hulk reverted back to Banner if I recall... but the scan is clear nevertheless...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 01:05 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Didn't he lure him to a building when he just started to get mad and beat him? Hulk reverted back to Banner if I recall... but the scan is clear nevertheless...

If you're talking about the fight years and years ago, when Spider-Man tried to join the Avengers and had to beat the Hulk - which he did : yeah I think Hulk reverted back to Banner.

I'm not sure though.

But what I was trying to say is : Peter probably has some plan to stop the Hulk, I don't see the problem here. But though Peter knows the Hulk pretty well, he is no expert. It's not because he has a plan, the plan will work.

Other people have had plans to beat the Hulk. Most of the time, they failed.

It would be cool though, Spider-Man stopping (or killing) the Hulk, but I am still not convinced.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 02:27 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Soljer
Hmm....

So what is your excuse, Grimm? Ignorant, or illiterate?

Re-read that scan. Here, I'll summarize for you:

"You must have thought how to beat the Hulk." As in, ALREADY considered and thought about it.
"So, did you figure out how to beat him? ... Could you really beat the Hulk?"
"Yeah, yeah I could."

Where is the discrepancy?! Jesus!

I'll ignore you're shallow attempts to insult my intelligence only for the sake of goodwill

In the scan Peter says, yes I could beat Hulk, and that he has thought of ways to beat him.

Theorys are not plans, they are just that, theories

Peter does not have a full proof plan, rather he has a theory how to stop Hulk if he needed too.

With further examination into that theory, there is the answer to beat Hulk, according to Peter

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 03:20 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
It's not because Peter says he has a plan to beat Hulk, that it's a fail proof plan. Spider-Man's plans don't always go like he wants.

To say the least.

Or maybe he'll just pull the ol' Cement Pool shifty

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 03:20 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Grimm22
I'll ignore you're shallow attempts to insult my intelligence only for the sake of goodwill

In the scan Peter says, yes I could beat Hulk, and that he has thought of ways to beat him.

Theorys are not plans, they are just that, theories

Peter does not have a full proof plan, rather he has a theory how to stop Hulk if he needed too.

With further examination into that theory, there is the answer to beat Hulk, according to Peter

But he has, in fact, clearly thought through a plan to stop the Hulk that ultimately involves killing him.

That is not debatable. That is fact. Yes?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2006 08:15 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

yes

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 03:55 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
If you're talking about the fight years and years ago, when Spider-Man tried to join the Avengers and had to beat the Hulk - which he did : yeah I think Hulk reverted back to Banner.

I'm not sure though.

But what I was trying to say is : Peter probably has some plan to stop the Hulk, I don't see the problem here. But though Peter knows the Hulk pretty well, he is no expert. It's not because he has a plan, the plan will work.

Other people have had plans to beat the Hulk. Most of the time, they failed.

It would be cool though, Spider-Man stopping (or killing) the Hulk, but I am still not convinced.
I don't think any plan is 100% foolproof, just that he could use his envoironment to possibly beat him, but like you said it isn't a certainty.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Nov 8th, 2006 06:49 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by H. S. 6
But he has, in fact, clearly thought through a plan to stop the Hulk that ultimately involves killing him.

That is not debatable. That is fact. Yes?

Possible erm

However, Pete didn't just think this up in his head one day for the heck of it

If Pete sat down and put it on paper or whatnot, yeah it makes sense

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 12:43 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Or he could just drop a cement truck on his head.

shifty

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 02:06 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Hm...I guess no one else has done it, so I'll take charge.

Spidey's Iron costume proving itself much more durable than previous assumed:

http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?...anv4013pet7.jpg

That gun appears to be of pretty high calibur and just damn powerful.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 06:29 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Good scan.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 05:54 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

So, I'm making this gargantuan Spider-Man Respect thread (1000+ scans and counting gathered thus far, years 1962-1988), and holy hell, he has some incredible strength feats I have never seen before used in versus fights or anything. Here's a taste:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/...trength1ue0.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/...trength2cz4.jpg

Thats not even the top stuff I have found. blink

Last edited by DarkCrawler on Nov 21st, 2006 at 06:51 PM

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 06:46 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

Will you make this thread available after you compile it?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:18 PM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I recognize McFarlane's style.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:20 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Jade Lightning
Will you make this thread available after you compile it?
Sure, I'm not making it for just myself. big grin

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:22 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

I lost a lost of respect for McFarlan- after he stole material from my favorite author, Neil Gaimen, for one of his comicz and lost big time in the lawsuit.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:24 PM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Never been a big McFarlane fan.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 07:31 PM
Arahan
Silver Guy

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Hm...I guess no one else has done it, so I'll take charge.

Spidey's Iron costume proving itself much more durable than previous assumed:

http://img488.imageshack.us/my.php?...anv4013pet7.jpg

That gun appears to be of pretty high calibur and just damn powerful.

From which comic is that scan?

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 06:18 PM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
So, I'm making this gargantuan Spider-Man Respect thread (1000+ scans and counting gathered thus far, years 1962-1988), and holy hell, he has some incredible strength feats I have never seen before used in versus fights or anything. Here's a taste:
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/...trength1ue0.jpg
http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/...trength2cz4.jpg

Thats not even the top stuff I have found. blink

Oh noes! eek!

It's the evil Hostess loving' Building Man's cousin stick out tongue

http://streetwriting.rachelleb.com/...s/v2thing04.htm

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2006 07:18 PM