KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why didn't Mace just kill Palpatine/Sidious when Anakin first arrived

Why didn't Mace just kill Palpatine/Sidious when Anakin first arrived
Started by: Exador

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

although....i have to wonder....why didnt mace cut off palps' hands?
that would have ended the fiasco and he wouldnt have had to kill him.
hmmm....

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 11:36 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padmé Amidala
The Bride of Cascador

Cause it wouldnt have made an interesting story wink

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Padmé Amidala a Private Message Find more posts by Padmé Amidala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

and that really is the answer to all these questions isnt it?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2006 11:59 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padmé Amidala
The Bride of Cascador

Indeed! lol

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 12:09 AM
Click here to Send Padmé Amidala a Private Message Find more posts by Padmé Amidala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Surprisingly enough, it actually is.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 12:28 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PVS
and that really is the answer to all these questions isnt it?

hahahah i agree, PVS.

it's really funny to hear answers that go "cuz that wasn't meant to happen.."

NOOOO.....you think? wink It's quite the useless answer, imo. Along with "cuz Lucas wanted it that way"

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 01:37 AM
Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by Exador
If he never meant to kill him. WHY WAS HE TRYING TO HIT HIM WITH HIS LIGHTSABER!!!!!

laughing Yeah i know! one quick flick of the saber and he would slash the neck

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 11:33 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Re: Why didn't Mace just kill Palpatine/Sidious when Anakin first arrived

Originally posted by Exador
I mean he's just standing there like: You are under arrest my lord, and Your oppression of the Sith will never return, you have lost.
Same reason as in Bond movies.

Damn.. Why didn't I jump kill this thread with my lasersword immediately when I layed my eyes upon it! (Hey, good question for thread!)

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:09 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

it's true...Mace was angry and felt like I'm gonna tell this ******* the truth...I'm the badass here not him...felt better I guess than just striking him down...and when Anakin arrived he felt conflict. He doubted to strike cause Anakin said it was not the Jedi way but he decided for himself out of anger and fear that it was better to strike him down...he waited too long and Anakin slashed his arm off.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darht dude

mace windu is a freaking idiot.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 01:16 AM
Click here to Send darht dude a Private Message Find more posts by darht dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darht dude

mace windu is a flipping idiot.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 01:17 AM
Click here to Send darht dude a Private Message Find more posts by darht dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by darht dude
mace windu is a freaking idiot.
Originally posted by darht dude
mace windu is a flipping idiot.

You sir, are a pot calling a kettle black.

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 01:45 AM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Yes, he was trying to make the arrest at first. Whilst it was necessary to kill Sidious, that's a heck of a thing to expect a Jedi to want to do by default. It was only when the lightning came out that Windu really appreciated the scale of the problem.

That's a good way to put it... confused

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Paradise

Indeed. Even a jedi can get caught by surprised... and owned...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 01:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Paradise a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Paradise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

I thought about this. Remember in the beginning of the movie when anakin is over Dooku with the lighsabers crossed, and then he kills him and Palpatine says, "he was "too dangerous" to be kept alive." Interestingly enough, Mace says the exact thing about Palapatine. So Anakin of course kills Dooku, becuase he was "too dangerous", and Palps is not killed, becuase its against the "Jedi Code", and then before Mace strikes Anakin says "I need him" ,and then he cuts Mace's hand off. Isn't it alittle ironic. Both the scenes are very pivitol also. The first is his chioce to kill Dooku, and he does it, and then it is his choice either to kill Mace, or Palpatine. ANyway just a thought, becuae of course the only reason for Anakin not letting Mace kill Palpatine was because of Padme, if not we would have a completely different story, actually the movie would probably end, if Anakin kills Palpatine. Anyway, just a thought.

Last edited by DucLangur on Jan 28th, 2006 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 03:32 PM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Anakin supposedly intervened because he both needed Palpatine, and felt guilty about killing the unarmed Dooku.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

Yeah. But I think the real reason was not about Dooku or Palpatine, but it was about his wife

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 12:26 AM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ganner Rhysode
Jedi Knight

His issue with Dooku was not about his wife at all.

However, I thought it was fairly obvious that the reason he said "I need him" in reference to Palpatine was because he, well, needed him to teach him how to save his wife. Has anyone even disputed that?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 01:31 AM
Click here to Send Ganner Rhysode a Private Message Find more posts by Ganner Rhysode Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Well I think that's what Duclangur meant...Anakin didn't want to kill miss...he wanted to prevent him killing sidious...Anakin was unaware that sidious was lying about being weak. He was desperate so he cut his hand off to save sidious. But as soon as he realised that Sidious wasn't powerless he of course said "What have I done!" He got even more desperate to save his wife. There was no way he could arrest Sidious now without being captured himself by the Jedi for attacking Mace Windu even if Sidious was weak and could be captured. So his only escape was playing it by Sidious' way and as soon as he learned the power he would kill Sidious cause he was indeed stronger, but after the battle with obi-wan he was too weak and he tapped too deep into the Dark Side and became a slave again.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 01:37 AM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ganner Rhysode
Jedi Knight

Oooh, alright. Well, then, in that case, I agree. I don't think Anakin had any idea that Mace was going to end up getting killed because of his actions.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2006 01:48 AM
Click here to Send Ganner Rhysode a Private Message Find more posts by Ganner Rhysode Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote