KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Blue Dragon RPG from S.Enix H.S guy only on 360

Blue Dragon RPG from S.Enix H.S guy only on 360
Started by: Ritoshi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
and also chrono trigger.

God your a idiot getting Exp points to level up thus getting stronger is part of any bloody rpg.....

If you don't like that then don't bother going near any rpg game at all.
I think he meant the grinding was the main part of it and IMO that's pretty stupid, story should come first.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 01:08 PM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Kazenji
God your a idiot getting Exp points to level up thus getting stronger is part of any bloody rpg.....

If you don't like that then don't bother going near any rpg game at all. [/B]

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
A good RPG would integrate the grinding into missions or necessary encounters, in BD you have to to run around hoping for respawns so you can grind, try to find every little being so you can crush it for exp. The amount of grind needed is extremely overdone, they should cut down the exp needed should be lowered by 500 times.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 01:58 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, odd that you mention a Chrono game, as Chrono Cross was very much NOT like that, despite being an RP game, and was the better for it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 02:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Morridini
A good RPG would integrate the grinding into missions or necessary encounters, in BD you have to to run around hoping for respawns so you can grind, try to find every little being so you can crush it for exp. The amount of grind needed is extremely overdone, they should cut down the exp needed should be lowered by 500 times.

Oddly enough, I've heard that it's ridiculously easy to level up in this game. Certainly much much easier to level up than in a Final Fantasy.

Anyway, I want this game, whenever I get a 360 I'll certainly be getting it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 03:10 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Maybe the first levels, but the levels in the demo was a terrible thing to play through.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 06:05 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ricodrayz
Where are all my Rpg whores hmmm
Lol...

By the way, this is by SE? All I saw was Microsoft Studios on the box cover of this game. confused

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 08:25 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Maybe the first levels, but the levels in the demo was a terrible thing to play through.

Well I think I'll trust someone who's got 20 hours of gameplay on the game so far.

Originally posted by shin_gear
Lol...

By the way, this is by SE? All I saw was Microsoft Studios on the box cover of this game. confused

No, it's not by SE, but someone who worked for SE worked on this game.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 09:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lana
No, it's not by SE, but someone who worked for SE worked on this game.
Thank you.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 14th, 2007 10:52 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Lana
Well I think I'll trust someone who's got 20 hours of gameplay on the game so far.

Of course you should, I have after all only tried the demo. All I am saying is that the demo was really terrible and made it seem like a pretty crappy game, and that after I checked some reviews I guess the demo was a good example of the overall game.

By the two RPGs that have been released lately (of which I have tried both demos) I would rather go for Eternal Sonata.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 06:20 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

A good RPG would integrate the grinding into missions or necessary encounters,.

First of all not sure what you mean grinding i have'nt heard of that term before...

don't worry i know now.

quote:
Originally posted by UshgarakWell, odd that you mention a Chrono game, as Chrono Cross was very much NOT like that, despite being an RP game, and was the better for it

And odd you did'nt look properly because i said chrono trigger not chrono cross.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 09:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Errr, that's meaningless, I did look properly, and my point in absolutely no way depends on you not having said Trigger. Do read my post more carefully.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 15th, 2007 11:39 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Errr, that's meaningless, I did look properly, and my point in absolutely no way depends on you not having said Trigger. Do read my post more carefully.

Actually i did read your post and all i saw was chrono cross, so i assume you read my post wrong

who cares anyway don't feel like getting into a pissing match.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 09:13 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well if 'all you saw' was that then you clearly did not read it right,

The point is very much that what you said is always a part of RP games... is not, and major RPs have done very well with not using such a mechanic at all.

So it is perfectly legitimate to want to play a computer RP, yet not like grinding.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 16th, 2007 10:47 AM
Peach
mordrem

Well, I've been playing this and really, I do love the game so far. The Shadows are really neat, and I like that black magic is actually not underpowered (Kluke is by far my strongest characters). Also, leveling is, just as I'd been told, very easy. I'm already over-leveled. Waiting for respawns isn't a problem at all as most of the time so far monsters just pop out of the ground all over the place.

Also, setting up monster fights is just fun.

But yes. I definitely think it's a very good game, if not a lot easier than I'd usually like. But it's also a lot of fun so it works. I can easily see myself ending up with 100+ hours of gameplay with it.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 07:44 PM
Ozone
You need me to live.

Lana, do you know where I can view some videos of this game?

It sounds fun.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:17 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:19 PM
Ozone
You need me to live.

Thanks.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:21 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote