KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The heart = Liz Possible Spoilers

The heart = Liz Possible Spoilers
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

aarg my head is swamped with so many J/E theories that i want to come true!

But i just have a really bad feeling that they'll put her back with Will again...call me a party-pooper sad

Just hope i am VERY wrong

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 12:49 AM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

maybe this will ease you mindlaughing out loud :

The script writers for PotC have said in the commentary for movie 1. That when writing a screenplay for a movie..they always have a teaser kiss just slap bang in the middle so it keeps everyone wondering...and then the real kiss happens at the end..

movie 1
Beginning: Liz starts off with Norrington..
Middle: teaser Will/Liz possible kiss
End: They kiss at the end

movie 2
Beginning: She starts off with Will.
Middle: teaser Liz/Jack possible kiss
End: They Kiss at the end

If you take their rule and put it over the trilogy as a whole which is ONE BIG STORY..you can see what they are doing:
Movie 1: they have started with Will/Liz
Movie 2: teaser moment Jack/Liz possible relationship
Movie 3: Jack/Liz

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 12:51 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

hmmmmm intreguing.....

but it just worries me because if they played it as J/E then there was no real character progression from Will....

Elizabeth progressed within the fact that her character was not so black and white as the first movie...her sexuality shines through within the second film (and its quite intreguing that it is JACk who sees the sexuality) and the reason for this was because Jack's character is also sexual...they sort of mold together...

Jack progressed because throughout the movie he had to haveeixabeth guide them to the heart in the box because the compass would not stay still for him. By the end it was pointing straight at the pearl (and maybe elizabeth?)...he knew what he wanted and he realised that elizabeth was right...he needed to be a good man to get what he deserved.

Will is more tricky...his character has not changed much, and it is only the introduction of other characters around him (his dad) that has made his journey watchable.
(I don't mean that nastily. i LOVE the whelp but i need deep characters to carry off a good movie...)

Did anyone also notice that within that kiss at the end both Jack and Elizabeth got to 'taste' exactly what they wanted?
They both got their freedom from that kiss.

Jack got the freedom of letting his guard down and just needing to be with someone...

Elizabeth got the freedom of letting go and tasting something she had wanted since she was a child

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 01:05 AM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

yup mozeltov

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 01:23 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Will is going to change BIG TIME since he saw Liz do that to Jack..trust me,..there is a whole davy/will similarity thing starting up with this movie and now that he saw that.. its gonna be even bigger in the next..

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 01:31 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

yes definatley...i hitnk it will be more interesting tho! im so ecited ! big grin

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 01:32 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

yeah as long as it doesn't turn into the O.C...

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 01:32 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Yeah, I really think Will is going to go over to the dark side...I can see it happening...but then again I don't know if that's what I'd like to see...or if that will happen...although, the writers and producers and directors have all said that this third movie will be darker and much more adult movie...not really a movie for children...yet, Johnny Depp has said that he wants Jack to be funny....not sure how this will all play out...but based on the way POTC 2 ended...can't imagine POTC 3 being lighthearted and fun as the first two movies....it's ended on a very dark note...and can't imagine how comedy is going to play into this third movie...I'm sure there will be comic moments of relief...but the overall them will be dark and full of complicated plots and theories...very adult theories...sexual implications and all that...can't wait...I'm just hoping that it will end bright and cheery...Will and his Dad reunited....Will realizing him and Liz have grown in different directions....I don't want him to mirror Davy Jones...I don't want to see Will cut his heart out and be all nasty and tenticlely like Davy....I just hope he can be at peace with himself and accept that Liz's deepest desire is to be with Jack...the real pirate of her dreams....

Attachment: 44.jpg
This has been downloaded 43 time(s).

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 01:37 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I really want him to meet someone else. Like everyone else said, this series proves that your first love isn't always your true love. It would be so unfair to have Liz realize this and not Will. He's a good guy, brave, loyal, protective, picking up the skills... I think in real life if we knew a guy like Will, most of us would go for him. Plus even though he messes up a lot, he always means to help other people and tries to do the right thing. He's picking up Jack's cleverness too. Sneaky Will. After all he's been through, it would be nice for him to be welcomed in someone's arms that's not his dad.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 02:14 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I really want him to meet someone else. Like everyone else said, this series proves that your first love isn't always your true love. It would be so unfair to have Liz realize this and not Will. He's a good guy, brave, loyal, protective, picking up the skills... I think in real life if we knew a guy like Will, most of us would go for him. Plus even though he messes up a lot, he always means to help other people and tries to do the right thing. He's picking up Jack's cleverness too. Sneaky Will. After all he's been through, it would be nice for him to be welcomed in someone's arms that's not his dad.

LOL -yeah I guess you are right...but given the choice - and saying you could have your pick of men...it would have to be Jack Sparrow all the way......you must have something more than just love, there has to be a deep sexual attraction for relationships to be enduring...not just love, but also intimacy and sexual attractiveness...

Will's okay in my book....but not even close to being as sexy, beautiful, deep and lovable as Jack -IMO - that's just me though...

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 02:23 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

yeah i actually really like will and for some reason find him incredibly sexy in Elizabethtown...don't know why...any theories doc? (s)

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 02:26 AM
lovethemtigers

Well, every girl to her opinion...but me...I don't really find Orlando Bloom/Will Turner sexy...but that's just me....I'm Johnny all the way

Attachment: 14oy5.jpg
This has been downloaded 35 time(s).

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 04:09 AM
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

well i like depp too don't get me wrong....but watching Elizabethtown and seeing Bloom made me feel all bubbly

Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 04:19 AM
lovethemtigers

I know ....but I still just love Johnny...Johnny Depp forever....

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 04:21 AM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

Im liking this davy/will stuff...but i have a feeling if they do this through the film then at the end Will won't do a Davy (if u get me....) because he will do that thing where he comes to his senses and everything ends up swell smile

Johnny Depp all the way for me (although i have a poster of Orlando Bloom on my wall infront of me...i dont know how that worked itself out lol) but i have a feeling we won't get any of the O.C stuff lol. Its centrally a pirate film, and within POTC1 there was not too much romance and stuff with Will/Elizabeth (mainly because of the plot line) mainly because it was an action film.
Its only at the end really (a-la J/E at the end of POTC2) that the kissage happens...so we will ALL be left wondering!

Although some people have said that in the POTC3 script WILL thinks Elizabeth is inlove with with JACK and that is why she wants to save him, but she is actually not inlove with him, she is just feeling guilty...oh i don't know sad hope she does have strong feelings for him by the end of POTC3, otherwise it would all have been a waste of time!!!

I have a feeling they might leave us all wondering what happened at the end POTC3....

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 10:58 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

T. Maria, I also might be able to ease your mind about Will. He has developed over the two movies, just not as obvious as Liz's character, who almost did a 180.
Orlando Bloom has described Will as starting out in a very tight corset and it's slowly loosening and eventually comes off due to his involvement with Jack and piracy. Learning the lesson that a man can be a pirate and a good person was crucial to his character in the first movie. He accepted his own father was a pirate and said his place was between Norrington and Jack. While Norrington will only do good things to make good things happen, Will will sometimes do bad things to make good things happen. So that's the first movie.
Also note how he is with Liz. The whole Ms. Swann thing in the first one just made me think of the MAD tv character, but by the end of the second movie, he can speak coldly to her and has kind of gotten over his puppy-love with her. His feelings have matured. Also, when he meets his dad, he's not exactly thrilled to see him, but he observes his dad's own cleverness and self-sacrifice and then vows to save him. He's growing up, it's just slow.
So there will still be room for him to develop without Liz there to be his object of affection.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 12:56 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

yeah i read that stuff about the POTC 3 script about a month ago - I was panicing, but have just swept it under the carpet as rumors...I seriously doubt that the writers/disney would let anything leak out about this very anticipated movie....I really had no clue how POTC2 was going to turn out until I saw it....so....all i knew going into it was that Jack had a debt to pay to Davy Jones (the new villan) and that Jack and Liz shared a kiss..cuz Keira Knightly at the world premiere at Disneyland told E! that it was great cuz she got to kiss too hot actors, Orlando and Johnny...so when I heard that I was like..What, Liz and Jack are going to Kiss...Why? but I was very intrigued..since I wanted them to get together in POTC 1 -because to me the scene when he rescues her was reminiscent of many romance novels I read.....but was disappointed that they made her stick with Will....but oh well....Jack Sparrow is so fantastic to watch...I can't to see more great moments in three...I just hope i'm not terribly disappointed...

Attachment: hostage.jpg
This has been downloaded 26 time(s).

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 01:00 PM
LovelyOne

Willowofthewisp you make an excelent point..this is what makes me think Will is going to start doing bad things for selfish reasons after what he has seen Jack do..he's going to do bad things for his own "well being" if you know what I mean..Jack seems to be steering away from that when it coems to Liz (which is what wins her heart over) ..but Will is heading straight in the wrong direction...he's only vowed to bring Jack back so that he can use the pearl for his own needs (saving his dad) and he wants to keep Liz at his side..he tries to betray Jack as soon as he brings him back to get him the hell off the pearl and the hell away from "his" woman..he doesnt care for helping Jack anymore thats for sure..he only wants to help get what he wants..

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 03:26 PM
katelovespirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Willowofthewisp you make an excelent point..this is what makes me think Will is going to start doing bad things for selfish reasons after what he has seen Jack do..he's going to do bad things for his own "well being" if you know what I mean..Jack seems to be steering away from that when it coems to Liz (which is what wins her heart over) ..but Will is heading straight in the wrong direction...he's only vowed to bring Jack back so that he can use the pearl for his own needs (saving his dad) and he wants to keep Liz at his side..he tries to betray Jack as soon as he brings him back to get him the hell off the pearl and the hell away from "his" woman..he doesnt care for helping Jack anymore thats for sure..he only wants to help get what he wants..

i agree with this completely.
I dont think Will is being nice to Elizabeth by suggesting they go save jack and the pearl. hes being selfish. cause he only suggests it AFTER Tia reminds him that with the pearl he could have saved his father.

Its interesting how Tia manipulates this scene. She almost is rubbing salt in everyone's wounds. Shes obviously not too worried, she knows she will get them to follow HER PLAN eventually, which is to go off and get Jack, but she's VERY sneaky about it. She lets them think up the idea themselves, so to speak. She lets them all agree together and THEN jumps in with the plan, ya know? She's really twisting everyone... Liz, commenting on her sorrow, Will, commenting on his dad, the crew, getting them some alcohol.... ya know what i mean?

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 03:36 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

Willofthewisp, ive seen your point, good one for easing my panick attacks!!!! smile

i think its just the character of Will next to Jack...Jack overshadows everyone because he is such a big character within the movies...

But if anyone can answer me (essay style lol) a question coz im really rather curious to know everyone elses views....(especially LovelyOne's coz shes got some really good films studies stuff going on lol)

....How can we really tell that Jack is changing unselfishly?

i.e - changing for other people to be a better man, and not doing it because he sees something in it for himself?

maybe its coz i see him as a chameleon...changes his colours to suite his surroundings....

hes a good character study lol smile

Old Post Aug 25th, 2006 06:40 PM