KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The Therapy Thread for stressed out people about jack/liz open 24/7

The Therapy Thread for stressed out people about jack/liz open 24/7
Started by: Chiki Mina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (57): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
katelovespirate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tee_pirategirl
I know we are supposed to be possitive here but part of being positive and therapy and all that is to SHED your negativity and worries so can I just say one thing? imagine now if we go to the movies...all anxiouse..all worrying but still happy..the movie is geat lots of good liz/jack moments there and liz/will have conflicts and they defeat bucket head and all those other crappy people and what if...(don't kill me just saying the worst that can happen) the last thing we see is liz kissing will and jack making a witty farewel to them and leaving in the pearl. WHAT WILL WE DO THEN? I'm seriouse..WHAT WILL WE DO IN OUR LIFE? what will we daydream about? what stories will we write HUH? I mean I always said if will/liz end up together I would kill myself but..I never really thought of it in a literal sense you know? ok sorry you guys I really need therapy I'll shut up now

in my opinion, we would all be perfectly fine... yeah, it would be disappointing, but there are several factors that would probably make it less painful than we think.

1. tt are awesome writers, and whatever happens, they will make it WORK... they will draw us in and get us to WANT they ending they give us... savvy? they will deliver and fabulous film and all the resolution we need. i hope.

2. there is a psychological principle wherein people think they will be more disappointed about something than they actually are if it happens.

3. FAN FICS ON THIS FORUM!!!!!! big grin

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:55 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

yes to the first yes to the second but so long as the fan fic stays as good as it is now

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:00 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Yes, we do need this thread. I started one similar to this last month calling it "help I'm on a rollercoaster ride"...because one day I'm up and one day I'm down...and sometimes its from post to post...minutes even..up and down. So frustrating.

At this point in time, it is hard to speculate on what Disney is up to. IMO, if we look at all the theories and symbolisms of DMC then there can be no way that they wouldn't unite Jack and Liz together....but if tie the two movies together...it could be Will/LIz.....and whoever said this...maybe it was Kate...yes, we will be all disappointed if it's not Jack/Liz, but the same applies to the Will/Liz shippers...so Disney really took a huge risk when they decided to use Jack in this love triangle. Jack is the central character...or the money character...because if you think about the 2 movies, in some ways, Elizabeth is the central character...both movies start with her, and she is in many scenes where she is by herself without Will, Jack or James, so she is definitely the heroine. Jack has emerged as the hero. Not sure where I'm going with this. On other threads we have also mentioned the fact that Will could turn bad in movie 3...if this happens, then what of his DAd...I really don't know if Will is going to turn evil. Oh this movie is so confusing.

Found something I read on another thread one day and don't know if it's true, maybe one of you girls that have time could do some research. Okay here it goes. Orginally it was said that they would only need August, September and October to finish filming the third movie, because many of the scenes from POTC 3 had been filmed in combination with DMC. But then (from another forum I found on internet) someone is saying that Disney has announced that they will continue filming through March of next year....if this is true....what can it mean...maybe based on the results of DMC and the audience's reaction to it, maybe, just maybe it means they have had to do a lot of refilming and rewriting to ensure that AWE is just as popular, if not more so...
so....maybe there is hope. Just not sure how true this is...can anyone find out if this is in fact true?????

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 01:42 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

it IS tru in an interview with jerry he said they will PROBABLY need more time(probably march but not definite) when asked why he said it was beacause they had some problems with the weather and also one of their water tanks and some of the equipment had problem so...but maybe he doesn't wanna SAY that they've done re-filming and stuff...I'll try to post the interview here and..there was another interview with gore about the characters and he said will is going to get darker not evil meaning he will probably hurt jack and/or liz in order to save his dad he will basicly become more selfish and dark but not full on evil

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 01:54 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

yeah i think its significant that the filming keeps getting extended... this is going to cost them more money, which means they are banking on a huge pay off for 3.

IMO, huge payoff means they need to make their money character happy. big grin

what else? controversy sells!!!!! leave liz with will, and thats expected, its normal, it makes sense. put liz with jack? talk about headline news!!!!! lol.

but guys, i am having imagination problems. i cant cook up a reasonable ending for Will if he doest get Liz, but i can (by stretching things a bit) see Jack being resolved without the girl.
can you guys help me this? Like, how would they resolve the character of will without liz?
and i dont think his dad is an adequate excuse.
i just need some help understanding that. big grin

i am getting excited to see where the character of Elizabeth is going to go...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 02:16 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

yeah I have some problem with that too..like i've said alot I can imagine jack running off with making a joke and leaving lizzie and will behing but I don't get as how lizzie and jack can leave will standing all alone

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 02:28 PM
katelovespirate

right exactly!!! errr its so hard to imagine...

maybe they will just piss off the will/liz people AND the liz/jack shippers. they will have Elizabeth turn into a total pirate and she will be like,

Jack, it never would have worked between us. I'm sorry darling.
Will, nice sword...

and then she'll turn around and jump on her own ship and be like, "Gentlemen, you will always remember this as the day you almost married Captain Elizabeth Swann!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 03:21 PM
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

big grin That would be funny....but I think in the original trailer they'll not give anything away!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 03:24 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

welll i present to you will's resolution...:

Will: Jack, Elzabeth...I must confess something....I'm...a...bugger (gay)

lol...j/k...can't think of one either...

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 07:04 PM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

oh my got kate and leo what you guys said was so funny...I can see the gay thing happening..ok not really but still very close to reality..and OMG this is the day you almost married captain elizabeth swann? so savvy

Freedom...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 07:26 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I have been watching u guys and seeming alil more pistive hee hee.

"i have been watching u my children" lol sry just felt like saying that.

ahem..well im oretty sure Wills character will not be standing alone in the secon. Bc he will be with his father. Why u think they wanted to show wills father in the second.

they couldnt put liz and jack together in the first then it will leave WIll on his own and would hurt both characters and the plot. but now that wills childhood dream had finally came treu, he has his father. But the scary part his he'll do anything and kill anyone in his way in order to be with his father.

thats has been his long time dream. problem was liz got in the way and he fell in love. i suppose there was a reason for that. maybe it was saving him from danger. I suppose thiis is all a reason.

I still do beilieve that jack and liz will be together and im not obsessed or anything in wanting to believe, i just have a strong feeling. and im sure sure sure that mr turner will find a better gurl some one whos like him.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:13 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

Hey guys i wasnt sure where to put this (because it doesnt need a post of its own really, so i thought i would shove it in here lol)

Its an interview with ted/Terry (My apologies if it has already been posted) on DMC.

What i found interesting was this;

Q: But by the same token, you now have known, popular characters with back stories to play with. Did you discover any advantages?

Ted Elliot: Because of the unanticipated level of response audiences had to the first one, they have created in their minds what they expect the second one to be. We can actually take advantage of that to surprise them.

Q: In a nutshell, what's definitive about Dead Man's Chest?

Terry Rossio: The jumping off point was to look at the story from the point of view of the Jack Sparrow character. People really like the Jack Sparrow character. I think most people think he's a good guy so, is it really true that Jack is a good guy? It's a lot of fun to put Jack in trouble, particularly the kind of trouble that helps reveal what type of character he really is.

Ted Elliot: We've created a fantasy world where we've rejected the Manichaean dualism common to most fantasy worlds. How's that?

Q: Whoa, my head just broke a little.

Ted Elliot: In other words, there is no clear good side or bad side. We just found that much more enjoyable and entertaining.

Q: So essentially Dead Man's Chest is a deeper exploration of what exactly is up with Sparrow?

Ted Elliot: Exactly. And in so doing, it gets into a further examination of Will (Orlando Bloom) and Elizabeth's (Keira Knightley) characters and as well.

So it was as we suspected all along....although the first movie was elizabeths adventure etc, movie 2 is clearly jack sparrow orientated.
The writers have realised the audience like jack...they look for audience reaction!

THEY MUST REALISE HOW WELL JACK/LIZ HAS BEEN RECIEVED!

big grin

ALSO:

THE MEANING OF MANICHAEAN DUALISM;
There are two natures that existed from the beginning: light and darkness. The realm of light lived in peace, while the realm of darkness was in constant conflict with itself. The universe is the temporary result of an attack from the realm of darkness on the realm of light, and was created by the Living Spirit, an emanation of the light realm, out of the mixture of light and darkness.

also...there is something that i think LovelyOne would find interesting about this manichaen dualism;

One of the striking features of Manichaeism from its inception, is that it presents an elaborate description of the conflict between the spiritual world of light and the material world of darkness.

Jack and his material posessions??? ...i dunno, im just guessing lol smile

I dont know about you guys, but this term of expression seems really interesting to me....

http://www.wga.org/subpage.aspx?id=2071

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:52 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

it seems to me that the spiritual world of light meaning jacks soul/spirirt has been save by liz-by love. And he actually sees the light and the meaning of his life. He learns that life isnt complete without someone there to love u.

material word of darkness meaning he was blinded by gold treassure, and many material things
that left him in a drak world by himself. material things cant love u back nor it can protect u. and it leaves him in a dark world with no warmth-no light

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:08 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
it seems to me that the spiritual world of light meaning jacks soul/spirirt has been save by liz-by love. And he actually sees the light and the meaning of his life. He learns that life isnt complete without someone there to love u.

material word of darkness meaning he was blinded by gold treassure, and many material things
that left him in a drak world by himself. material things cant love u back nor it can protect u. and it leaves him in a dark world with no warmth-no light

VERY GOOD POINT!

But the writers state;

Ted Elliot: We've created a fantasy world where we've rejected the Manichaean dualism common to most fantasy worlds.

....when they sort have kept it in.....jack is in conflict with himself throughout the whole film...and this is also an aspect of manichaean dualism...the dark is in conflict with itself...

my only guess would be that jack is 'delivered' to the light when elizabeth sets him free....

also i found on an internet sight that another form of manichaean dualism is the contrasts between orthodoxy and freedom.....

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:16 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

orthodoxy..but whats that. some kind of theoligical thing? observance of religion?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:38 PM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

orthodox:

The word orthodoxy, from the Greek ortho ('right', 'correct') and doxa ('thought', 'teaching', 'glorification'), is typically used to refer to the correct theological or doctrinal observance of religion

so if put into context with the film.....

its the right view of the life you should CHOOSE, over the freedom of what life you really WANT....

i think? .... hmmmmm....

when religion comes into it then it gets messy....but i guess the same rule applies to the film, jst without the religoin??

am i on the right track??

gah, i dont know lmao

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 11:58 PM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

i think u are!!
everyne has the right to choose. they have the freedom to choose

but only if thats what they want. bc everyday u have to make choices and it could either be positive or neagtive. wither way it will be a choice that will affect ur life.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 12:04 AM
-savvychick-

AWESOME THREAD!!!!

www.myspace.com/deesse_de_lune
come on now...don't be shy! add me!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 03:08 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-savvychick-

oopsy, anyway, I think you're all on to something with the whole orthodoxy freedom to choose thingy...also, they're always saying they like to suprise people, and though there are those of us on this thread who think that jack/liz are meant to be together, there are those on many, many other threads that are actually official potc fan sites, that think will/liz should be together, which means that if they are going to suprise the majority, they may end it with a jack/liz ending after all

www.myspace.com/deesse_de_lune
come on now...don't be shy! add me!

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 03:10 AM
-savvychick- is currently offline Click here to Send -savvychick- a Private Message Find more posts by -savvychick- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

^^OMG SO TRUE!!LMAO

i think that the ones who are gonna be surprised are the ppl from KTTC. omg lool i cannot wait!!! they are n complete denial and they always try to put us down everytime we have something good coming. whenever we have a very good theory or point about jack liz relationship tor the characters they get all bitchy with us and start to make shit up saying that ted or terry said will/liz are gonna end up together and crap like that.

the more i see those ppl bothering us the more i smile bc i know that we are smacking them with good points and reasonable theories!!! MWAHAHA!! lol

Old Post Sep 19th, 2006 03:19 AM