KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Feeling uneasy about AWE

Feeling uneasy about AWE
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

Why? What's strange about me? That I came clear out of the blue... ? Yeah, I have a tendency do to that... wink

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 06:07 AM
Jcksparrows is currently offline Click here to Send Jcksparrows a Private Message Find more posts by Jcksparrows Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

They just dont have a clue....if they see the movie again and pay attention...they'll see!!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 06:07 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

Yes! Seriously! All my friends are too moral and goody-goody... sometimes things don't turn out wonderfully glamourous, you know. The "honorable" woman doesn't always have to end up with the whelp... I swear, I think you guys are starting to make me hate Will. Ha. smile

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 06:09 AM
Jcksparrows is currently offline Click here to Send Jcksparrows a Private Message Find more posts by Jcksparrows Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Lol...he does that on his own!!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 06:11 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

True. I dispised the way he turned out in the second film... He seemed more interested in his father then saving his love from death. He's just so... so serious! I mean, doesn't this guy have any humor in his life? That's probably why we love E/J so much better. Because they're fun! eek!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 06:14 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

True....But better for us that WILLS focus is going away from LIZ cause that way Jack will get the gurl because PANSY BOY WILL cant hang on to his WOMAN!!! lol.....of course having JACK as a temptaion let alone falling in LOVE with him is hard enough!!! LOL....JACK and LIZ LOVE EACH OTHER!!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 06:17 AM
Jcksparrows
Blackend Pearl

Oh yeah! Come on Liz, stop being in dinial... I've stopped and I'm just fine. Well, not according to everyone around me, but other than that little fact, I'm as happy as a clam! Lol!

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 06:30 AM
LovelyOne

lol morally right?? Elizabeth killed a man for her own needs, she is not a good Port Royal girl..she never has been, never will be. She's a pirate (the biggest pirate of them all acording to T&T) and I'm certain movie 3 will prove that once and for all. Then the EW shippers cant say that she was crying because see killed a man..she's crying because she thinks she's killed someone she might love.

People are reminding her in Tia's hut that Jack is a good, honorable man and thats probably the only reason Elizabeth might be thinking she loves him because he did come back for her earlier and the whole scene suggested she was just in awe of him..she was holding his leg etc etc...it showed that she has deep feelings for him IMO

and for gods sake lmao..this is a movie about pirates..who cares about motally right relationships?..Will is not exactly set on morals in movie 3 apparently so they should be eating their own words by AWE big grin

I gotta ask a question..are your friends Orlie lovers?

I bet they are the kind who think Jack is just the meaningless character and Will is the meaningful one. Jack has more layers than an onion. I wish people could see that.

They say he never changes but everything we saw in DMC suggested he can change as a character on screen and people STILL love it smile 1 billion for example..he doesn't have to be typical Jack from movie 1 in order for a story to work well on screen

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 15th, 2006 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 02:05 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calypso

I guess we will all converge on this site as soon as we see AWE on the first day of release to either cry together or to slap each other on the back.

Don't let all these theories get you down Misty and PirateDiva. The ppl
doing this movie have too much at stake to mess it up.

Does anyone know if Spiderman or any of the other movies slated to open right after Awe have any connections to Jerry or Tnt?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 02:28 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Agreed, it'll be interesting to see what will be said on this forum the day after the release of AWE. I know I will be HUGELY disappointed if it's not a J/E ending....I'll just cry, stomp my feet and be really mad.

And Lovely, I agree...we've said this many times...I think people were really intrigued and fell in love with the Jack Sparrow that showed back up on the Pearl at the end of DMC...the way he was so heroic picking up that gun, the way Elizabeth hung to his leg...when he says "abandon ship into the longboat....She's only a ship, mate......We're not free yet, luv"...all this seriousness ozzing from Jack was electrifying....seeing him survey and say his final goodbye to the Pearl with that sexy coat on.....the Kiss...the smile and then his final word to Liz "Pirate"....and then the bravery with which he faces the Kracken....so far I'm really disappointed how Jack is being betrayed in the leaked scripts of AWE....I was so excited to see the new "jack sparrow"....

The AWE boxoffice will be less than POTC 1 if it ends really dark with Will and Liz both dieing...etc.....I'll just be really.,..agrggghhhhh Ican't even think about it.

I'm not on here much anymore cuz I'm trying to end my obsession with this movie and my family's over it.....they want me to leave this alone....so I sneak on when noone's around.....Love you girls and let's hope we get our heart's desire in the end.....

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 02:43 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

I agree with you lovethemtigers.

Why do I feel as if they may have ruined what COULD have been one of the most interesting relationships to ever emerge on screen.??.They could have done SO much with a J/E based story in AWE..but apparently its rather W/E based from what T&T are saying.

I cant see how W/E is going to be very interesting because Will is second fiddle as a character in the franchise..Jack in a developing relationship is far more interesting..they could have done SO much more with it

this is why I get the feeling movie 4 WILL be showing this side of Jack without Will there as the romantic character..it may be with Liz it may not be..but I cant imagine it being with anyone else but Elizabeth if the audience are gonna enjoy it

at the same time if they want to keep Jack interesting as a character thy need to explore him..and Jack just being typical Jack we saw in movie 1 isn't gonna keep drawing people back IMO..Jack needed change..Jack of DMC was VERY different in character compared to movie 1..his whole demeanor was rather different to movie 1..he seemed more with it in DMC, he was maturing.

I cant see how people cant see the difference in the Jack of DMC compared to movie 1..they must be pretty blind or if not that dumb...of COURSE his character had to change and develp..all good character have to mature and develop otherwise we would notice it moreso than him changing on screen

they are like 2if Jack changed it would ruin his character and the movie"

hello what DMC were YOU wathcin..Jack changed and the movie got to 1 billion and people STILL love his character..if not more than they did in movie 1.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 15th, 2006 at 02:57 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 02:53 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*jcd*gmc*

Re: Feeling uneasy about AWE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LovelyOne
Know what??

I'm feeling edgy, I know people keep saying even if it doesn't end J/E people will still love the film?? Well i don't know...

if this REALLY does end W/E..I think its gonna be a huuuggge mistake..people try to convince me otherwise but I just feel it.

I'm looking on youtube for Keira Knightley and MY GOD its overrun with Sparrabeth music videos..SERIOUSLY they are so SO popular as a couple...I cant bare to see everyones passion for J/E just be totally squashed and ripped apart..people are gonna feel red in the face for falling in love with that pairing and showing such a love for it if it just gets ripped away

...there are far more J/E supporters everywhere you go...people have a real passion about it..you just don't see this with W/E shippers...you just don't I'm sorry...and you know how angry people with a true passion can get..

You know what..This whole thing about Terry saying in the end all shippers would agree she chose the right ship?? I think its a load of S

because if this thing is a Will/Liz baby ending its obviously just a mere tool to make the audience accept W/E in the long run no matter how much we loved J.E..Otherwise we would feel bad for not liking it.. sick..

I STILL dont think they have covered themselves well if thats the case because I can bet you many, many people will not like that ending even if T&T did think they were clever and handled the ending in such a way that J/E supporters wouldnt be angry....trust me they WILL be.

Its basically a reverse star wars thing IMO...adding something in to MAKE it impossible for the other relationship to continue in any way shape or form.

but I seriously think they have picked the wrong relationship to end on if its W/E

http://www.amazon.com/Snow-White-Re...TF8&s=books

OMG CLICK ON IT^^TO SEE THE BOOK ON AMAZON!!! AWESOME!!

"..and that was without a single drop of rum."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 02:54 PM
*jcd*gmc* is currently offline Click here to Send *jcd*gmc* a Private Message Find more posts by *jcd*gmc* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Yes, I don't care what anyone says, we can not be wrong about all the clues we picked up on ...come on, was it intentional or coincidental that Gibbs just happen to say "sailing without a heading? something's got Jack vexed, and whatever bodes ill for Jack Sparrow bodes ill for us all"...and then later in Tia's cabin...Tia says, "what vexes men Most?" and Jack responds nonchalantly, "a Woman"....Tia "A woman, he fell in love...".....and then the part where she tells us "Ah Jack Sparrow don't know what he want, or do know, but is loathe to claim it as his own"...and we know Jack Sparrow's compass isn't working for him...
If Jack wanted to find the heart, the key and the chest the most in this world...why wasn't the compass working? Because he wants something else more...something that has got him vexed, something he wants but doesn't want to want..and it's interfering with his thoughts....It's Elizabeth....the big clues....in his cabin and he's tapping that ever-loving compass and then says "why is the rum always gone?" and he looks a little frustrated and angry when he says it......

And what about Beckett saying "fate intervenes"....fate interveining usually means...fate steps in and stops someone from making a big mistake....Liz's big mistake...marrying the wrong man, Will.

and.....norrie "it's a curious thing.." and so on.....

These clues have to mean something...and sorry, no way can it just mean "a bump in the raod" of the relationship of Will and LIz...cuz that's bull crap.....

Jack and Liz is the money relationship...proof's in the billion dollars, right? I know Pirates Life Fo...doesn't think it is...b ut do we really think billions went back to see Will and DAvy? Hardly....we all know on this forum and others out there...that we all kept going back for one thing...to see those wonderful and beautiful Jack and Liz moments.....

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 03:03 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

And yes, If Disney would just watch those You Tube vidoes....I mean, they so outnumber Will and Liz it's not even funny....I've got some new favorites....these were my top: It's Beginning to Get To Me, Liz and Jack's Progression (by Kate), The Walk (from 3 months ago), Hurt, Beautiful Disaster, He's a Tramp, Niagara, I Need you To Love Me....Be your Love (from 3 months ago), How To Save a Life

And now this past weekend I found some new ones I'm in love with...
'
Great Liz/Jack song, the lyrics are beautiful...
They Weren't There by missy higgins
You're the Storm, by the Cardigans
Slow Dancing In a Burning Room by John Mayer.....

If I knew how to make one I would make one to "Drowning" by Missy Higgins...anyone out there want to make one to that one...go listen to it, it's a perfect one for Jack and Liz.....
Here are the lyrics

Drowning (missy higgins) beautiful piano music

Maybe I'm just living out the same old stories in and out
But you know that don't make it easier
Time will fly away with me if truth won't stop and let me see
And tell me I am to believe that you and I should never be again
I'm drowning
When the one you leave is the one thing you believe
You say goodbye when underneath’s your one belief
That love rules all, conquers all

It’s funny how the times that seem unbearable
Are the ones that you don't ever want to end
And when your childhood slips away
You find you face a brand new day
And you know it can't be the same again

'Cause when you leaved you stayed in my memory
I’m saying goodbye for now and have a drink for us
And good luck in finding your way

Growing out will sometimes seem so far away
Never knowing if I'll live to see another day
Never seem to find out what to do
No one seems to tell you
'Cause you're drowning

When the one you leave is the one thing you believe
You say goodbye when underneath’s your one belief
That love rules all, conquers all
That love rules all, it conquers all

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 03:17 PM
LovelyOne

yeah an entire movie was just a bump in the road of W/E...roll eyes (sarcastic)

no I don't believe that..something J/E has to emerge out of all of this..even if there is a strong statement that she has chosen Will

I mean HELLO..she killed a man in DMC..that was a rather large statement that she had chosen Will but the very action also raised the question "is this really what she wants most?" because she probably did that for a number of reasons..mainly because she was feeling tempted by Jack and she had to remove him

afterward.. obviously she realises she has made the wrong decision..and Will even seems to accept that she has. and seems to want to let her get Jack because of that..it looks as if her heart wants Jack and will wants her to follow it.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Nov 15th, 2006 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 03:17 PM
katelovespirate

that song... oh my word...

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 03:26 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

lovethemtigers, you are a darling. you just found my new obsession. missy higgins is amazing--- im listening to her stuff, i cant believe ive never heard it before!!!

did you see the song "all for believing"???? cause its a PERFECT song for Jack and Liz as well!!!

thank you!! smile

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 03:33 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates-Orlie
I'm the greatest PotC-fan

Actually I have no clue of who Elizabeth is going to choose.

I think (sorry guys) it's going to be Will. That's what I think. You can see Will loves her SO much. And I don't think Elizabeth is this big pirate as you say. I'm not saying she isn't at all, and I think she does want freedom, but not in a Jack-way. Obviously she likes Jack, but I don't think she really LOVES Jack.

But I don't know which it's going to be. We'll see.

Orlando Bloom is sooooo hot.....

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 06:37 PM
Pirates-Orlie is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates-Orlie a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates-Orlie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jackismyboo
Mrs. Depp

Yes i agree will does love her but in the end he has to choose between his father or her, she has already betrayed him by snogging Jack, and I think Elizabeth does have feelings for Jack more then just lust. Ted and teryy said "she killed a man she may indeed love" and she is going to bring him back and in the comic she said "even if they have to go to Davy jones locker she will go" That obviosly means she cares for him, and the kiss was also something. Her and Jack are peas in a pod and the couple usually end up together are the ones who most alike. I have a feeling we will get alot of j/E moments and alot of W/E moments, but it all depends on her feelings in the end, Like keira said her and Will are kind of dissolving while her and jack something new is beginning something like that and most people say she only meant DMC but she had AWE script with her since she started rolling DMC so she knows something is going to happen. I have a feeling that J/E is not a bump in the road it is a path of new beginnings

gwen stefani is the POP QUEEN
http://www.hoverspot.com/profile.php?UserId=1069440

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 06:48 PM
jackismyboo is currently offline Click here to Send jackismyboo a Private Message Find more posts by jackismyboo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates-Orlie
I'm the greatest PotC-fan

Yeah you have a point there, but I still have a feeling that Will and Elizabeth just... well, belong to each other. I'm not just saying thing because I love the Will character so much (Which I obviously do) but I just really think the two of them really fit.
But you're right, I also think we'll see lots of J/E and W/E moments.

Orlando Bloom is sooooo hot.....

Old Post Mar 4th, 2007 07:05 PM
Pirates-Orlie is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates-Orlie a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates-Orlie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote