KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Stuff you May Have Missed

Stuff you May Have Missed
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pirate179
he so cute when he screams!!! love

is there any time that Jack isn't cute laughing out loud

Jack is just so ....lovable...you know what's funny...when t and t created the character...and then Johnny brought him to life....do you think they ever imagine that we would refer to jack as sexy, cute, sensitve and In- love....

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:55 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Jack... JAck... Jack... love

those pictures are very interesting...
the picture where Will presses the dress to himself interests me more... I think it was so sweet of him to do that, and i kinda feel sorry for him now about Sparrabeth pair-ups because of that lol..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 05:43 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifzensinril
Meself

screaming Jack... I love when he screams

A sparrabeth fanlisting love

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 05:52 AM
Sifzensinril is currently offline Click here to Send Sifzensinril a Private Message Find more posts by Sifzensinril Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I agree JaehSkywalker, I love that picture with Will and the dress. It's so romantic, the screencap is very good, willothewisp. The way he's closing his eyes, you know he'd like to put his entire face in the dress but he just escaped from Davy Jones and isn't in the room alone, and we all know how private Will is... but it gets the intense emotion across anyway.

Hm. Orlando Bloom just gained a bit of acting respect due to these screencaps...

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 05:53 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I agree JaehSkywalker, I love that picture with Will and the dress. It's so romantic, the screencap is very good, willothewisp. The way he's closing his eyes, you know he'd like to put his entire face in the dress but he just escaped from Davy Jones and isn't in the room alone, and we all know how private Will is... but it gets the intense emotion across anyway.

Hm. Orlando Bloom just gained a bit of acting respect due to these screencaps...

agreed... its full of love.. and emotion... that's sooo sweet... smile

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:14 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

As for the "He's learned she can take care of herself..."

Well we've seen him with his arm protectively around her the previous movie, and for the first ten minutes of this one. And then at the island where the chest is, he leaves HER to protect the chest to go off and sword fight!

I think it even increases his love for her - it's now a respect thing. Before, it was damsel in distress all the time, and now it's a mutual "all right you take care of you, and I'll take care of me, and maybe even you can take care of me sometimes, because you know I'll definitely be taking care of you." Wow. Much use of "taking care ofs..." But you get the picture.

In saying that, TnT have just made Will a smart man, and have made his love go WAY deep. Damn. As much fun as J/L is, I have to say that W/E seems to be the lasting relationship here.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:24 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

Originally posted by siriuswriter
As for the "He's learned she can take care of herself..."

Well we've seen him with his arm protectively around her the previous movie, and for the first ten minutes of this one. And then at the island where the chest is, he leaves HER to protect the chest to go off and sword fight!

I think it even increases his love for her - it's now a respect thing. Before, it was damsel in distress all the time, and now it's a mutual "all right you take care of you, and I'll take care of me, and maybe even you can take care of me sometimes, because you know I'll definitely be taking care of you." Wow. Much use of "taking care ofs..." But you get the picture.

In saying that, TnT have just made Will a smart man, and have made his love go WAY deep. Damn. As much fun as J/L is, I have to say that W/E seems to be the lasting relationship here.

Perhaps....but which man recognized that streak in her first? wink

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:31 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

Gahh I'm afriad that I just got even closer to switching to the Willabeth ship pretty much from that dress picture. =\

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' --- 'the Boy Who Scored' --- whatever they call you these days."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:37 AM
Hambah is currently offline Click here to Send Hambah a Private Message Find more posts by Hambah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Hambah
Gahh I'm afriad that I just got even closer to switching to the Willabeth ship pretty much from that dress picture. =\

yeah... is there a nuetral plank where I can stand on?

trailer and that thing helped a lot in confusing my mind even more..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:43 AM
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

Originally posted by JaehSkywalker
yeah... is there a nuetral plank where I can stand on?

trailer and that thing helped a lot in confusing my mind even more..

Hahah yeah it makes me kinda sad...I used to be so strictly sparrabeth, but now...I just don't know.

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' --- 'the Boy Who Scored' --- whatever they call you these days."

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 06:45 AM
Hambah is currently offline Click here to Send Hambah a Private Message Find more posts by Hambah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by Hambah
Hahah yeah it makes me kinda sad...I used to be so strictly sparrabeth, but now...I just don't know.

ditto. erm

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 07:02 AM
siriuswriter

I think that W/E is going to win out. But I can have fun with J/L in the meantime!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 08:00 AM
Surreal_44

W/E is probably the canon pairing, J/E is the fun fanon pairing, like Draco/Hermione and you know, Sparrington. big grin

Seriously though, I think Orlando catches a lot of flak for not being some great actor, and I really think he does a fine job in all his movies. I think he's best at comedy, but he has an expressive face and beautiful eyes that really do a lot of the acting for him. He's still growing and learning, and I believe he'll continue to improve.

Savvysparrow, does it matter who recognized the streak in her first? wink Will recognizes it and respects it just as much as Jack does. Probably moreso, since Will is the one who taught her to handle a sword (Innuendos aside. Or not. hehe).

I don't think the writers' comments about Will is "Oh, now he gets it half-way through the movie". He probably sort of figured that out during CotBP, and the comment here was just that now that Will knows she's out of Beckett's hands, he knows that she'll be fine on her own and that she's out looking for him, he can really start to plan to save his father and I'm sure he knows that she's either on her way to find Jack Sparrow or already with him.

One thing that I really find interesting here is that Will immediately knows what Elizabeth had done. He may not know the exact details of a step-by-step plan, but he can surmise almost instantly that she'd pretended to be one of the crew and had "abandoned" her post once she reached Tortuga. It's another one of those moments that defines the Will/Elizabeth relationship; they don't even have to use words. They just know what the other is thinking.

Well, usually. Will sort of misses the mark with the Kiss of Betrayal and Death, but then again, what was the poor man supposed to be thinking?

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 11:06 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Beautifully put, Surreal, that's exactly what I was thinking, just not awake and intelligible enough to put it that way. W/E canon = R/Hr in Harry Potter shipperdom *sorry, is Harry Potter nerd so this helps me understand it smile* J/L "the fun ship" for fanfictions and such = H/Hr, D/Hr, pretty much everything else. S/Hr.... erm. Well. You get the picture. I think I'm getting less intelligible as I go along.

But I digress. Surreal, you've put it terrifically.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 12:46 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I think it's taken for granted that it was Will who taught her to fight. Now, in another reality if she had run off with Jack, would he have taught her to fight? I'm 100% sure he would have, but it was actually Will who taught her. He wanted her to be able to defend herself and be a part of something he very much enjoys doing. He probably saw she loved doing it too and that increased his attraction to her. I think his teaching her right there proves he doesn't want a damsel in distress. He wants the intelligent, brave woman Liz is.

I haven't converted yet, but like someone said, W/E may be the canon here.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 01:56 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

Originally posted by Surreal_44

[b]Savvysparrow
, does it matter who recognized the streak in her first? wink Will recognizes it and respects it just as much as Jack does. Probably moreso, since Will is the one who taught her to handle a sword (Innuendos aside. Or not. hehe).

smile No, it doesn't really matter. I'm actually just playing devil's advocate here. This is my rather poor attempt to be the Surreal of the J/E side so to speak; as Jack would say: 'time and tide, luv'.

Well, usually. Will sort of misses the mark with the Kiss of Betrayal and Death, but then again, what was the poor man supposed to be thinking?

That his fiancee is not the type of woman who goes around throwing herself at men without some sort of purpose? His lack of faith in Elizabeth and their relationship is somewhat surprising, don't you think?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 03:36 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Well, he doesn't get to see everything. And she tells them that Jack chose to stay behind. He knows they were spending a lot of time together. Plus the fact that she doesn't tell him what happened furthers suspicion. It's a pretty logical train of thought for Will.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 03:48 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

I actually agree with willo. I would probably be acting pretty similar to Will if I saw my fiancee(sp?) kissing a pirate. Yeah..he knows she's spent a lot of time with him, so I would be wondering like 'is it even the first kiss?'

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:41 PM
Surreal_44

And as more time passes, the more it must seem to Will that Elizabeth kissed Jack to say good-bye because she's in love with him. Granted, most of us are not in daily life-threatening situations, but just pretend that you are and your group of people are about to get eaten by say, a giant T-Rex ( I don't know why you'd be in this situation, but you are ).

You see your beloved fiance (for whom you have nearly died several times) necking with a pretty little red-head. Are you going to assume that he's doing it out of some unselfish, noble purpose, like chaining her up to use as a distraction for the T-Rex, or are you going to assume he's out looking for a last minute booty-call*?

Me...I would have kicked my beloved's feet out from under him and demanded an explanation, and then probably try to strangle him before he could say anything. I think Will is remarkabely restrained. big grin

*Is booty-call the term to use nowadays, or am I showing my age again?

EDIT TO ADD: Savvy, sorry I misunderstood your post. big grin Nice try...it isn't easy playing devil's advocate when you have your mind and heart set in one direction, so I appreciate the effort.

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:47 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by willofthewisp
I think it's taken for granted that it was Will who taught her to fight. Now, in another reality if she had run off with Jack, would he have taught her to fight? I'm 100% sure he would have, but it was actually Will who taught her. He wanted her to be able to defend herself and be a part of something he very much enjoys doing. He probably saw she loved doing it too and that increased his attraction to her. I think his teaching her right there proves he doesn't want a damsel in distress. He wants the intelligent, brave woman Liz is.

I haven't converted yet, but like someone said, W/E may be the canon here.

What's going on here? Are we switching...Well, I'm still sailing with Sparrabeth....I still think the chemistry between them is what is way better....and just cus will is smelling the dress...does that make him more in-love with liz than Jack....Will has great chemistry with the dress....but does he have it with Liz?

Okay, ladies...since you all think Will looks so sweet and in love by hugging that dress...what about this man..a man who has been through hell and back, a man who is alone, except for his ship, a man who could have easily escaped and made it to land but came back....tell me what this looks like????

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 31st, 2007 04:49 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote