KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

Re: If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I doubt it, but you'll never know.

The inevitable bummer is that even if the movie is really good, the public will still probably reject it as a "stupid Lucas and Speilberg cash in movie"

as they should.I have totally lost all my respect for Harrison Ford.He lost his credibility with his fans when he was being interviewed and they asked him if he would ever consider doing Han solo again.He said no because he is too old to play the character now.Yet somehow he doesnt think he is too old to play Indiana Jones now? what kind of stupid logic is that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

as far as the original question goes for the thread,I disagree,they were jerks enough to go for money by making another one so if it does well at the box office count on Harrison ford being a jerk again and doing another one.they all wont be able to resist the green bucks.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 09:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Re: If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I doubt it, but you'll never know.

The inevitable bummer is that even if the movie is really good, the public will still probably reject it as a "stupid Lucas and Speilberg cash in movie"

Mmmm...Harrison Ford's soon to be 65 year old man titties.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Jun 17th, 2007 11:41 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Where'd this forum come from.. or was it always here?

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 12:41 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Originally posted by Barker

Good question, Barker. Very good question.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 01:20 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Barker
Raz just made it.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 01:39 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Good question, Barker. Very good question.

Get off my case, buzzard face.
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Raz just made it.

Oh.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 03:21 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I know - isn't it great? The Indy forum is finally here! Woohoo big grin !!!

And in answer to the central question posed by this thread ... whilst I would love there to be more "Indiana Jones" adventures, I am sadly resigned to the fact that Indy IV will, in all likelihood, be the last; to be perfectly honest, I'm just happy that *this* film is finally going ahead after all its years in Development Hell ...

As other posters in this thread have said, the "Indiana Jones" franchise will *always* be indeliably associated with Harrison Ford, and he's already pushing things, age-wise, with Indy IV. I say, make this film like "Rocky Balboa" - a triumphant and fitting conclusion to a legendary saga.

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jun 18th, 2007 05:05 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I honestly hope not. The previous movies were good, but even if this one works, I hope they don't make another one.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 19th, 2007 10:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by The Hawk
^^ Agreed. Too much time has gone by IMO.

agreed as well.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2007 08:15 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Re: Re: If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

Originally posted by Mr Parker
as they should.I have totally lost all my respect for Harrison Ford.He lost his credibility with his fans when he was being interviewed and they asked him if he would ever consider doing Han solo again.He said no because he is too old to play the character now.Yet somehow he doesnt think he is too old to play Indiana Jones now? what kind of stupid logic is that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

as far as the original question goes for the thread,I disagree,they were jerks enough to go for money by making another one so if it does well at the box office count on Harrison ford being a jerk again and doing another one.they all wont be able to resist the green bucks.

so true. knowing George's seemingly itch for money, he'd probably go for it.

about harri's refusal, didn't lose my respect, but was kinda irritated and bummed. but the rest of what you said is totally true.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 11:52 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

i hope not. i love the trilogy and kinda feel iffy about a fourth but hey they did good with rocky so anything can win or lose. but a indy 5 i say no and this is speaking as a indy fan.

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground
u kno who u ar and im comin to ****ing get u

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 01:21 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

IMHO, the only way that an "Indiana Jones 5" would work is if it went into production very soon after the release of Indy IV (say, 2 or 3 years later), and once again had the 'dream team' behind it of Ford, Spielberg, and Lucas. However, this possibility is probably extremely remote; I mean, just look at how long it took them to get "4" off of the ground! Sadly, I am almost certain that Indy IV will be the last "Indiana Jones" film; in any case, though, if the filmakers do manage to go out on a high, then they really should leave the franchise at that.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2007 09:33 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Ahnold
" film; in any case, though, if the filmakers do manage to go out on a high, then they really should leave the franchise at that.

Lets hope that The last Crusade isnt the high.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 06:34 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

I'm really hoping that "Indy IV" will allow the franchise to go out on a high!

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 09:55 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by PiruBlood
i hope not. i love the trilogy and kinda feel iffy about a fourth but hey they did good with rocky so anything can win or lose. but a indy 5 i say no and this is speaking as a indy fan.

Rocky 4 was pure crap.Heck That one was even more horribly written than Rocky 5.That movie franchise should have ended as a trilogy.May Stallone Burn in hell for not ending at at Rocky 3. mad

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 05:55 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

"Rocky Balboa" was pretty good, though; a fitting conclusion to the series, IMHO.

And I guess that opinion will always be divided over "Rocky" III and IV ...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2007 08:34 PM
Mr Parker

I saw a pic of Ford on the set in like USA TODAY or something like that the other day and it showed him as an old grey haired man doing the INDY thing.I thought he would at least dye his hair.again I have definetly lost all my respect for Harrison Ford I used to have.I never had anything against him making another Indy film,just the timing of it is inappropriate being so long ago and everything since he has gotten so much older now.Like arnold said.too much time has passed. His logic is so stupid.He says he would never do Han solo again if Lucas made another trilogy of star wars films showing what the characters did afterwards because he is too old to play the character now.yet somehow he thinks he is not too old to do Indiana Jones again? yeah right,whatever. roll eyes (sarcastic)too much time has passed since th last Indy movie.I think I will skip this one.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jul 5th, 2007 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 07:37 PM
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

I guess one more wouldn't hurt but I hope it doesn't suck.

http://thewilloftheforce.webs.com/

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2007 08:18 PM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I still think the Young Indiana Jones will be brought back...the franchise we'll get a good boost after the movie.

Look at all the negativity for the Transformers and The Simpsons and they still manage to pull good scores.

Indy will be safe for next year.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2007 05:44 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DC BrDr10

Shia LaBeouf....
he is going to carry the series for another 3 movies
he is a great actor, who can pull pretty much anything off
he and Harrison frames are only different byy a few inches, they have the same kind of smart allick, get under your skin deminor

Old Post Sep 16th, 2007 09:13 PM
DC BrDr10 is currently offline Click here to Send DC BrDr10 a Private Message Find more posts by DC BrDr10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote