KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Eternal Sonata

Eternal Sonata
Started by: InnerRise

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by InnerRise
What's childish about this game, which you actually said in so many words.

Actually the graphics are good. They're beautiful. Comparing these graphics to something like Oblivion or any other game with completely different graphics and then saying the graphics to Eternal Sonata aren't good b/c they aren't of the realistic type like others is ridiculous.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

I said the graphics are good. I wasnt attacking the graphics in the slightest. I was replying to a different post. I pointed out that the graphics pale in comparison to rpg's that focus on realism, but stand out for the direction that was taken for this game. The graphics were obviously a chosen style.

As for the game being childish, that is my personal opinion. I find most rpg's such as wild arms, dragon quest,xenogear and star ocean to be childish. This isnt necessarily a bad thing it is just that these games tend to compromise maturity to appeal to younger demographics. With this said, i am not insisting that these games do not posses mature tones. Final fantasy suffers the same problems. There are not to many rpg's devoted entirely to a mature audience.(when i say matue, i mean adult) Of course there isnt anything wrong with this. Most of these games are made with both children and young adults in mind. It is just my opinion that the game is childish. This doesnt mean the game is any less fun, but it doesnt appeal to me.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 12:27 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I said the graphics are good. I wasnt attacking the graphics in the slightest. I was replying to a different post. I pointed out that the graphics pale in comparison to rpg's that focus on realism, but stand out for the direction that was taken for this game. The graphics were obviously a chosen style.

As for the game being childish, that is my personal opinion. I find most rpg's such as wild arms, dragon quest,xenogear and star ocean to be childish. This isnt necessarily a bad thing it is just that these games tend to compromise maturity to appeal to younger demographics. With this said, i am not insisting that these games do not posses mature tones. Final fantasy suffers the same problems. There are not to many rpg's devoted entirely to a mature audience.(when i say matue, i mean adult) Of course there isnt anything wrong with this. Most of these games are made with both children and young adults in mind. It is just my opinion that the game is childish. This doesnt mean the game is any less fun, but it doesnt appeal to me.
And it's okay to think that. I was just curious as to why you thought it was childish. If you think it's childish just b/c of the graphics, I was going to tell you that that wasn't a good enough reason to deem this game childish.

And regarding the graphics comparison to more realistic graphics. That's the thing. There is no comparison and you can't say that these graphics pale in comparison b/c there is no comparison.

You can say you prefer a type to another and say you like realistic better than this but you can't say one is factually better than the other if they're both done equally good in their own respective fields.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 12:38 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by InnerRise

And regarding the graphics comparison to more realistic graphics. That's the thing. There is no comparison and you can't say that these graphics pale in comparison b/c there is no comparison.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

I'm not sure that this is worth debating because we are now arguing opinion, but i dont think that is true. You can compare graphics engines. Ratchet and clank, Mario,psychonauts and other games of the type all boast outstanding and cutting edge graphics for their style. Other games such as splinter cell, REsident Evil 4, Ninja Gaiden...,etc. Possess graphics technically superior. As far as style...,that is personal choice.

I believe the graphics for eternal sonata are very good and do a great job in creating an immersive atmosphere for the artistic style that was chosen for the game. Again, i was only replying to a previous poster whom said he wasnt that impressed with the graphics. I was actually trying to defend the game. I shouldnt have worded my opinion in the way of saying that the graphics arent as good as more realistic games because you are right. There is no base of comparison considering they are two different styles

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 11:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

I've put in more than 20 hours on both Eternal Sonata and Blue Dragon.ES is just the better game.

Both games are linear from start to finish,say for 1 or 2 side missions you can do for achievements.I found that to be pretty weird when side quest have become a big part of RPGs.

I've put 20 hours in FF XII and I was still in the beginning of the game.Where as both ES and BD you'll be almost at the end.
The only way I see anyone put more than 30 hours in any of these games is to get every single achievement,level up,etc.
Leveling up in Sonata is actually pretty fun cause of the combat system where as BD it's just boring.

Sonata does require you to play through the game again for extra items and achievements and possibly an alternate ending...
I doubt I'll ever get through the game again....

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 04:39 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Schecter
Restricted

Account Restricted

just beat it. apart from a decent battle engine, the story is idiotic and makes no sense, particularly the ending...all 45 ****ing minutes of it.

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2007 07:07 PM
Schecter is currently offline Click here to Send Schecter a Private Message Find more posts by Schecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote