KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos v.s. Hayabusa

Kratos v.s. Hayabusa
Started by: Sol Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Ohhh...I'm glad I revived this thread. But seriously Ryu can take down Kratos. Seriously if Ryu can take pretty much a nuke at point blank range (those giant armadillo turtle things that blow up) then Ryu is pretty durable.

And Kratos only defeated Ares using Pandora's Box so plot device was the cause of that god's death.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 12:26 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Same thing can be said about Ryu and the TDS. But then again....Ryu Hayabusa has to be skileld ion his position to make it work....Since its not a gun. just an alll powerful sword

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2008 12:46 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Agreed. In Ninja Gaiden 2's details for the Dragon Sword it explains that it can only be wielded by those skilled and strong enough to use it.

On a sidenote Hayabusa has the ability to channel his Chi through every single weapon in his arsenal which in turn makes them way more devastating.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 04:37 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

How did it take so long for me to notice this thread get revived?

quote:
Cuz ryu still supases Kratos in Speed, weapons skills, magic, And is on par or sub bar with him in strength in normal form. durability is about the same...They both came back from the dead.

A deeper combat system hardly counts for a higher skill in weapons (besause really, that's the only credible source there is that Ryu's in any way more skilled than Kratos. As I said before, elegance and finnesse =/= superior, if it ever did, then we may as well conclude that the Prince of Persia would curbstomp Kratos), at least in this situation, where we're comparing a Ninja to a guy who takes everything Ryu takes and thensome with that much less (numerically) in terms of weapons. Like Dark-Jaxx had said, Quality over Quantity.

I've still yet to be convinced that Ryu's ninpo comes even close to surpassing Kratos' spells, let alone contending with them par-for-par (the only one that's truly all that impressive is Art of the Hurricane). The Efreet alone is a more devastating fire spell than any of Ryu's fire based ninpo (Hell, on the subject of similar functions, Army of Hades is >>> Art of the Phoenix Flame in every way). Kratos has his own, practically portable answer to Art of the Hurricane in the form of a bow and arrow that can rapidly shoot razor wind blades (which can home in on the target), and can unleash tornadoes that will decimate anything in their way, (and on the subject of Kratos "Not surviving the Art of the Piercing Void", I could just as easily say: "Light of Dawn--Ryu's not gonna survive a rapid barrage of condensed spheres of light that harness the power of the mythical aspects of the sun).

I've also not been convinced by NG2 that Ryu's strength even begins to compare with the likes of Kratos, who can slam fifty-foot long serpents around like ragdolls, wrangle a twenty plus foot tall minotaur rodeo style, and toss 300 foot statues with his bare hands. Ryu's durability is not far beyond humanly possible. Once more, Ryu's only advantage is speed. Anything he has that's simlar to Kratos, it's inferior by clear visual and/or conceptual margin (ESPECIALLY magic).

Also, them coming back from the dead doesn't really speak for their durability, it speaks more for different things considering the means in which they came back to life. For Ryu, he was revived by his spiritual guardian (a falcon) so he couldhave a chance at avenging his village. It hardly spoke for his durability, and it didn't really speak for much at all aside from him having a little bit of back up in case of what I considered an unjust death. Kratos traversing through Hades out of the intention to prevent himself from staying dead speaks more for his tenacity.

quote:
Ohhh...I'm glad I revived this thread. But seriously Ryu can take down Kratos. Seriously if Ryu can take pretty much a nuke at point blank range (those giant armadillo turtle things that blow up) then Ryu is pretty durable.

And Kratos only defeated Ares using Pandora's Box so plot device was the cause of that god's death.

That's an example of strict gameplay, a case where you don't think canonically, but rationally--as challenging as Ninja Gaiden II is, do you really think that they'd make it so you have to endure the possibility of getting you ass incinerated by an exploding firey armadillo-beast two times in one scene? Anything else is gameplay function alone (even then, you lose an ass-load of health whenever those Spider Clan Ninjas try to do a Kamikaze on you or something). Kratos flying across a city before crashing through a stone roof, and then with the force to crash through the second story of the building before getting back up without a scratch is canon. Admittedly, Ryu soaring through a giant window is a pretty good comparison, but personally, I think tanking a stone roof is more impressive. Not to mention the fact that Kratos didn't have Pandora's box when he fought, and nearly killed Zeus. As of now, the BoO >>> Pandora's Box which is >>> NG universe (the box imbued Kratos with the full power of a God, power enough to kill Ares, but the Blade of Olympus not only killed a Goddess with one stab, but holds Kratos' own God powers, and possibly a little bit of Zeus' power, judging from a scene in the fight). Still, Pandora's Box just makes killing Ryu that much easier for Kratos, who, since you're bringing up explosions, stood in front of 3 explosions before, and was unharmed, one of which was like the armadillo explosion x10.

And on the subject of channeling "chi" into weapons, it is almost irrelelvant to Kratos anyway. However, Kratos can charge-up energy in his Blades of Chaos/Athena's Blades (he's done so at least once or twice when not in-game), be it his own energy or some sort of function for the Blades. The concept itself is not so much an advantage/disadvantage as it is just an add-on. What takes Ryu years of training and mastery of weapons and inner energies takes Kratos his bare hands, chained blades, and a strong enough motive of any kind, reluctant or otherwise.

To quote a friend from Youtube (a few words were minced and added by me): take away Ryu's weapons and ninpo and what do you have? No one incredibly special, really. Courageous, maybe. But he's only on the game-plateu of combat as such goons as the drunkard Brad and clumsy fat-asses like Bass. He's nothing outstandingly powerful - only his sword is. He has the least strength, the least durability, the least impressive acheivements, and is the only real human of the three.

Take away Kratos' weapons and magic, and at least we have a Demigod with divine brute strength, overlooked agility, inhuman stamina, formiddable durability, and a killer instinct that gives him the philosophical views to allow himself to rip people in half with his bare hands, beat them to death with their own arms, or splatter their bodies into pieces by slamming them into the ground among other possibilities. Ryu is more experienced and disciplined with H2H abilities (from what we know), but that does not mean he's more powerful, it doesn't mean he's more skilled, it doesn't even mean he's superior. Ryu's overall lesser physical attributes won't attest well against Kratos, who is >>> DoA in its near-entirety.

Saying Kratos is the weakest of the three is an easy misconecption in a sense, but a misconception it still is. Ryu doesn't have the "most" of anything across the board in a three way (except for maybe weapons), and even between just he and Kratos, Ryu's only faster, which ain't gonna do much against a guy with more AoE versatility than an MMORPG Mage. As I stated earlier, Dante vs. Ryu is a comparison of two statistically similar characters (Kratos vs Ryu is really more of an apples-and-oranges approach), but they're not statistcally equal--Dante's just plain better than Ryu in every way imaginable--speed, strength, agility, versatility, etc. Dante is th apple at the level to contend with the orange that is Kratos, Ryu is the apple that Kratos will devour.

I can really only repeat myself from here on out. At least for now.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 04:38 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rascaduanok
any% speedrunner

Totally totally impressed and, indeed, converted by your indepth points and argument, First_Tsurugi06. Awesome analysis!

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 02:03 PM
Rascaduanok is currently offline Click here to Send Rascaduanok a Private Message Find more posts by Rascaduanok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

When did cutscenes become gameplay. They show Ryu hayabusa in a cutscenes taking on and enduring two explosions from the turtle along with one. Its part of the story...I think you have gameplay and events confused. But i will give my counter argument later on

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 04:30 PM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Csdabest
When did cutscenes become gameplay. They show Ryu hayabusa in a cutscenes taking on and enduring two explosions from the turtle along with one. Its part of the story...I think you have gameplay and events confused. But i will give my counter argument later on

Actually there was just one cutscene that had Ryu enduring the explosion. The other two had no cutscenes at all. But the Archfiend explosion was a cutscene as well.

Not to mention the fact that Ryu barely drew his weapon at all throughout the DoA games even defeating Jann Lee and winning the second DoA tournament.

Oh and when he mentioned Ryu coming back to life I doubt he was talking about that but when Ryu went to the depths of hell in Ninja Gaiden II and came out alive.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 05:14 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

well I see Ryu with a major speed and agility advantage but I never really finished any of his games yet...

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 08:00 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Join the club.....that im not apart of. The game is insanely difficult. Its ungodly

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 08:03 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Join the club.....that im not apart of. The game is insanely difficult. Its ungodly

There's a hard mode and well the hell were you thinking mode. And then you can unlock to other modes; you will throw your controller at the TV many times mode and you're about to cuss more then you ever had in your life mode.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 08:06 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote:
Not to mention the fact that Ryu barely drew his weapon at all throughout the DoA games even defeating Jann Lee and winning the second DoA tournament.

Never said Ryu wasn't powerful by DoA's standards (and I don't think that's what my youtube friend was aiming at either), I was saying that Kratos is vastly more powerful, with or without his weapons, than any character in DoA DESPITE their accomplished and varied martial arts skills and training.

[quoute]Oh and when he mentioned Ryu coming back to life I doubt he was talking about that but when Ryu went to the depths of hell in Ninja Gaiden II and came out alive. [/QUOTE]

I never really viewed that as "dying" anyway. I mean, Kratos did the same thing in his weakest (playable) state in Chains of Olympus. Anyway, I was referring to the first NG, where he was killed by Doku and was revived as, according to Itagaki, a "soldier of revenge".

quote:

Well, as I said earlier, I can really only repeat/rephrase what I've BEEN saying as of now for a counter argument, so don't be surprised if, should I reply, what I say looks familiar.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 09:32 PM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpadeKing

Originally posted by ESB -1138
There's a hard mode and well the hell were you thinking mode. And then you can unlock to other modes; you will throw your controller at the TV many times mode and you're about to cuss more then you ever had in your life mode.

well for some reason my uncle chose to start off on the hard mode right away while everyone else is on acolyte so we're over paying for items and even getting killed by the starting ninjas

I finally made it to the boss on chapter 8 and he took the game back after my countless deaths
that game is just ridiculous

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 05:35 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

To the comment. About take away from RYu and Kratos.

Thats funny you have to take away the charact main weapons to equal it.

But you forget that If you take away Kratos magic and weapons... That means he is just a brute spartan warrior. It was gods magic and enchantant weapons that made him so powerful.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 06:03 PM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

No, it's his nature as a demigod, the Son of Zeus, that's the real source of his powers (that aren't his magic abilities). Take away the fact that he's a half-God, THEN he's an ordinary brute spartan warrior.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 03:49 AM
Csdabest

That is basically human besides his super natural strength. Ryu hayabusa still beats him via Speed Blitz.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 03:57 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Not in Kratos' case. He'd tank any fisticuffs speedblitzing Ryu could dish out. And I bring back my point of his "overlooked agility", and "inhuman stamina". Ryu's got the higher agility, but Kratos isn't a slouch, he can jump far distances (like in the Crossing of the Lowlands scene, where he jumped between walls farther a distance than any wall-jumping Ryu's done).

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 04:15 AM
nianbo the dude

Skill. Ryu surpasess Kratos by a huge Margine. Ryu has mastered all types of weapons and actualy hand to hand fighting stylez.

Brutality(not really a category) But Ryu just caught up and possibly surpassed with NGII. The way he obliterates he enemies with the Obliteration techniques is just rediculous...I dont think you have played NGII yet.

3. and lol is he really fat?
ok ninja gaiden fanboy what if i said hayabusa vs goku? now who would you say would win

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 01:40 PM
nianbo the dude is currently offline Click here to Send nianbo the dude a Private Message Find more posts by nianbo the dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JuggernautMania
Restricted

Account Restricted

kratos kills gods. no way some jap defeats him.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2014 04:10 PM
JuggernautMania is currently offline Click here to Send JuggernautMania a Private Message Find more posts by JuggernautMania Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God Cloth Seiya

Originally posted by JuggernautMania
kratos kills gods. no way some jap defeats him.
Ok 1st your racist. 2nd by that logic your saying that Jarrod can beat goku? No. 3rd kratos still wins.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2014 06:13 PM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote