KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Empire: Total War

Empire: Total War
Started by: exanda kane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I heard how it crashes alot more now than before the patch.

It seems to me that it works a bit better than before.

Having some bugs is one thing, but crashes/freezes, that's total bullshit.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 07:58 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, what do ya think'll be the next total war game?

I'm all in for one set in modern day...IF they could get it right.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 09:13 PM
Hewhoknowsall is currently offline Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeh ime sick of the crashes, I have them very rarely but it broke one of my saved campaigns, making it impossible for me to continue as the british, but its still all fun.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2009 09:16 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
So, what do ya think'll be the next total war game?

I'm all in for one set in modern day...IF they could get it right.

Maybe late 1800's, early 1900's and WW1. That might be neat, or include WW2.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 12:55 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeh i want some ironclads during 1800s, and seeing the beauty of a huge charge of soldiers across the trenches and ofcourse when you get the technology, one of those first old tanks moving across the battlefield.

Although ime happy with Empire atm, ime not so interested in the future for now. I want them to get working on a patch to fix it 100% first.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 01:02 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hopefully they will.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 01:40 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Does anyone know where the saved games for this are? somewhere in steam perhaps?

I need to delete some because I dont like seeing lists of old saves that I dont use anymore, perhaps ime missing something and there is actually a "delete save" button in the game.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 07:29 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, it would be on whatever drive you have it installed and the Total War directory.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 08:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This game is doing its utmost to make me hate it.

They have not improved the clunk control method for battles, where taking a line of soliders and cright clicking to advance them does not result in all of them mjoving in line to that point, but instead going all higgledy-piggledy, swapping place,s getrting confused and lost etc. You have to right clicmk and drag all units into their correct formation continuously, which is as ridiculous now as it was in all the earlier games. In a skirmish game, I frequently find my light infantry pointing the wrong damn way despite precise instructions (and the green facing arrow cvlearly visible when issuing orders).

Meanwhile, even in the tutorial game, I win battle after battle against the last place you have to capture, it says I have killed all but a handful of the defenders in the stats screen, but then on the campaign screen it says 'siege broken' and their defenders are all alive and I have to start the siege again.

I am full of contempt. Shelving this game for some future time. Extremely unimpressed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 17th, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 12:12 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm I dont seem to have the problems your having Ush with the soldiers, they move fine for me.

The only problem ime having is the crash, which a lot of people are having, once thats fixed then ill be happy.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, it would be on whatever drive you have it installed and the Total War directory.

There is not a total war directory that I can find, just "steampapps" folder

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 01:23 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Issue is easily repeatable with a line of units given a simple right-clock move on anything other than flat terrain (it's a pathfinding issue)- they break formation apparently randomly and have done in every Total War game. The issue is endemic to the game and affects everyone; the only question is whether people notice.

Grouping reduces this but there are other behaviour absurdities with grouped units.

I have no idea what is causing the mis-facing however.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 17th, 2009 at 02:25 PM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, and your game directory will be in steamapps/common.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:24 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I have notice a bit of that.

I move them and when the shooting starts, they're facing the complete opposite direction. Then I have to move them again in battle to face the right direction.

I probably would be annoyed if the game didnt keep on crashing on me.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:30 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Must be based on luck, ive never had my men face the direction ive not told them to face or facing the wrong way.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 03:24 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I have to admit it's not actually crashed on me yet.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 03:53 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

I had a battle using Russian Cossacks with hand mortar grenadiers behind them, that kind of combination was very effective, the opponent who had much better infantry and more groups of them were defeated by such a combination quickly.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 04:03 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ridiculous, I must say Ive not seen anything I dont like when the game actually works but ime sick with the problems, I think ill leave the game until they fix it now. I started my British campaign again because it was broke by the white screen crashes before, so now ive got to about the 30th turn and ime attacked from the North by a Cherokee army, my settlement is besieged...

But you know what? I cannot sally forth and stop the attackers, everytime I try and move my army out, it keeps telling me I cant and they are all killed in the final turn as my settlement surrenders....

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 07:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I couldn't stop that problem where I couldn't TAKE a settlement as the enemy army I just killed was always still there.

Though actually it didn't happen if I auto-resolved the battle, though that's hardly an ideal solution.

It's simply buggy.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 10:57 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Such a shame it could be a damn good game if the fools who created it bothered to make sure such silly problems, A.I bugs, crashes etc were fixed, for so many people across the net complaining about similiar bugs and many of them in common with others....the "testing" of the game before release must have been sloppy to say the least.

Looks like to continue my campaign ime going to have to allow my whole army to die and waste another 10 turns maybe more making teh army again from scratch (and probably losing half of my so far gained land while doing so...)

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 11:01 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm going to wait, and then redo the campaign.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2009 03:44 AM