KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Capcom is not having a good time.

Capcom is not having a good time.
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

How come nobody is complaining about GTAIV? You play a European and you kill a dozen americans so how come people don't think that's racist? I'm just provin a point here.

If it were somehow possible that because of the whole racism situation, Capcom might crumple up RE5 and throw it into the trash bin. If that happens, I'm gonna be really pissed off.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:01 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
How come nobody is complaining about GTAIV? You play a European and you kill a dozen americans so how come people don't think that's racist? I'm just provin a point here.

If it were somehow possible that because of the whole racism situation, Capcom might crumple up RE5 and throw it into the trash bin. If that happens, I'm gonna be really pissed off.
Well, neither European nor American are races, so maybe that's why.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:02 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by JustFrame
To stop further future "racial" insults, Capcom should make Resident Evil 6 take place in outer space, with Jill Valentine shooting up Aliens that have been contaminated by the Virus.

They will spit out green slime from their (censored) and they'll make little crackle noises.

Or just make it white people again, no one seems to care about that no expression

Just like every series that does not turn a profit...thats the problem with Capcom, they create something, milk it for all it's worth, then when it does not sell they abandon it, Capcom's scared of changing there formula.

Last edited by Neo Darkhalen on Sep 4th, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:46 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Capcom is probably having a field day with all of the publicity RE5 is getting because of this tirade.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 10:47 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Look it's not racist unless it involves black people...I'm sorry "African" Americans.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:08 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Capcom is not having a good time.

When Dead Rising was released, people found it awfully similar to Ramero's movie "Dawn of the Dead" and Capcom got sued because of it.

Resident Evil 5 gets announced and a bunch of people think it's racist because you play a white guy shooting zombies that are black. No matter how many times Capcom says it ain't racist, people still think the game is.

Do you gamers think this is ridiculous or what?

People for the love of god, leave Capcom alone! You accuse them for the wrong things. They aren't trying to make a rip off version of a movie (which I may add is crappy(I'm talking about Dawn of the Dead)), and they aren't trying to be racist. mad

You know what would fuel the fire?

If they make all those blacks people into Africans-Muslims....hoho...that would really be throwing the match in the gas tank.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Sep 4th, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:18 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: Re: Capcom is not having a good time.

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
You know what would fuel the fire?

If they make all those blacks people into Africans-Muslims....hoho...that would really be throwing the match in the gas tank.

And it turns out that Chris is part of the KKK now that would be a slap in the face with big sweety monkey balls.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:27 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

And he kills them by beating them down with a burning cross.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2008 11:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Most Africans said they would prefer that Resident Evil sticks with the white zombies. Those Afriacns are the racist, not Capcom!

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 04:45 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

*Africans

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 04:45 AM
Peach
mordrem

Is there any reason why this should be separate from the RE5 thread?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 12:19 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Because the RE5 thread should contain details on the game and upcoming events, this is more about an issue concerning the game, not about the game itself?

and also if things turn nasty you can just close this thread, it would be unfair to bring this into the RE5 thread...especially if it warrants that it may get closed?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 12:31 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Because the RE5 thread should contain details on the game and upcoming events, this is more about an issue concerning the game, not about the game itself?

and also if things turn nasty you can just close this thread, it would be unfair to bring this into the RE5 thread...especially if it warrants that it may get closed?

The RE5 thread should contain anything about the game, period. An 'issue' (aka people being stupid about it) still concerns the game itself.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 12:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

fair point.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 12:34 PM
NemeBro

Only this thread is about Capcom in general, not just RE5.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 06:07 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This thread is about the people giving Capcom sh**.

I can't believe Romero sued Capcom because one of their games looks like Dawn of the Dead because you have zombies in a mall. Romero is just trying to find an excuse so he can make a quick buck. That guy deserves a beating.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 12:32 AM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Only this thread is about Capcom in general, not just RE5.

Except there's been all of, what, three posts about anything other than RE5?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 01:28 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I guess Capcom gamers are just more furious about RE5 being racist (which is not) more than Capcom being sued because DR looks a little similar to one of Romaero's retarded movies.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 01:36 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Well considering Dead Rising came out two years ago. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 02:35 AM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I guess Capcom gamers are just more furious about RE5 being racist (which is not) more than Capcom being sued because DR looks a little similar to one of Romaero's retarded movies.
A little similar?

Haha.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 02:42 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote