KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New version of DS announced

New version of DS announced
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

You still work at GameStop?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 01:52 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah. What's that got to do with anything?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 01:54 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just curious. What are you GA, LGA, ASM?

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 01:54 PM
Nactous is currently offline Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

We don't use LGA...going to be SGA in a couple of weeks.

This is off-topic.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 01:59 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

No its not, as an employee you know as well as much as i do what the DSi is going to do with GBA sales...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:02 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im an SGA for store 5390 btw.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:03 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nactous
A bad move for business sense...

Oh I am so sure you have lots to teach Nintendo about business sense....

Opening up the VC to handhelds is a gold mine.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Never said Nintendo did I...
If you read with your eyes you could see I was refering to GameStop....

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Huh? No-one was talking about Gamestop anywhere near your post. You started randomly talking about it several posts after the one I quoted. Don't be so totally ridiculous. You came into a thread where everyone was talking about Nintendo, and expect everyone to believe that, for absolutely no reason at all, and without even saying so yourself, you were actually talking about Gamestop?

That's one of the most feeble attempts to get out of something I have ever seen.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop reading through the lines, I meant GameStop, hence the post you should have read...You never give up do you...

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:45 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That is pretty much an admission that you were wrong.

Don't waste time lying like that in future, or spamming up threads with irrelevant nonsense.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:46 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay, "Mister avoid the point".
Do you think GameStop will be hurt by the DSi?

I mean really, whats the purpose of replying to an idea thats not even finished. And no, Im not admitting anything, or lying for that matter...

"The wait is over."

Last edited by Nactous on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 02:55 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:51 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Just because a new version of the DS comes out without a GBA slot doesn't mean all the GBA slots on old DSes and GBAs spontaneously stop working.

My brothers and sister still have and use GBAs.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:55 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Okay, "Mister avoid the point".
Do you think GameStop will be hurt by the DSi?

And no, Im not admitting anything, or lying for that matter...

You don't need to admit it, everyone can see how totally ridiculous your post was, and how there is absolutley no possibility that you could have been talking about gamestop, and how therefore you claiming you were was a blatant lie.

And it won't affect them at all.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 02:56 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its all about the phasing out process. GS no longer carries Game Boy color games, and in about a year or two I see them dropping GBA. I just feel like its too soon. Its not even really a "system jump", graphics are the same and its barely lighter and smaller. It is to the DS lite, what the DS Lite was to the DS nothing more than a cosmetic change and a camera on the front...

Nintendo may be winning, but it feels like the left the true gamers behind...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 03:00 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, it's not a system jump or anything close to it, nor is anyone saying or implying it is.

But again- VC on handheld, a damn good idea, and perfect for what you refer to as 'true' gamers, nonsense handle as that it.

Drawing parallels to the DS Lite is defeating your own point, seeing what a stonking success for causal and hardcore gamers alike the Lite was.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 03:02 PM
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ushgarak
You don't need to admit it, everyone can see how totally ridiculous your post was, and how there is absolutley no possibility that you could have been talking about gamestop, and how therefore you claiming you were was a blatant lie.

And it won't affect them at all.

Please, we don't need a rant...

Why bring out a new system though? The Lite is selling fine. Beating the PSP three to one. So, in a way I could cater towards both stances. I guess you could say I referring to Nintendo as well as GameStop.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 03:04 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

You know, the funny thing is Nintendo never said the DS was meant to replace the Game Boy line. The GBA slot was added pretty much on a whim to help convince gamers, because at that point GBAs were still selling like crazy.

And then the Game Boy Micro launched after the DS was out, and you know what? It sold like crazy too.

The DS is a second handheld line, and has been from the start. The GB line still sells, you know, and that's why they're still making games for it.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 03:04 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, it's not a system jump or anything close to it, nor is anyone saying or implying it is.

But again- VC on handheld, a damn good idea, and perfect for what you refer to as 'true' gamers, nonsense handle as that it.

Drawing parallels to the DS Lite is defeating your own point, seeing what a stonking success for causal and hardcore gamers alike the Lite was.

My point was that the DS Lite was a cosmetic change first and foremost. I have no idea what your going on about...

"The wait is over."

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 03:06 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Please, we don't need a rant...

Why bring out a new system though? The Lite is selling fine. Beating the PSP three to one. So, in a way I could cater towards both stances. I guess you could say I referring to Nintendo as well as GameStop.

You WERE referring to Nintendo, as everyone knows. nat a rant, just pointing out the truth, and your weasling out of things starts to bring you out pf the realm of spamming and towards trolling. It is a general warning about your behaviour in threads I am giving here. Stop being like that.

Answer- for the third time- is the Virtual Console.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 03:07 PM